Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 11:23 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times

Advertisements

It was an awesome season finale!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
The finale was very well done. It brought back memories from when I was involved in a psycho shooter incident.

The actors reactions certainly meshed with my own experience. Good mixture of panic and level-headedness. They didn't over play the emotions. If anything, on occasion they seemed a bit too calm.

I found myself flinching at each shot-like I did in real life. The only detail I would've added-they should've shown someone counting to themselves the number of shots fired.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
The finale was very well done. It brought back memories from when I was involved in a psycho shooter incident.

The actors reactions certainly meshed with my own experience. Good mixture of panic and level-headedness. They didn't over play the emotions. If anything, on occasion they seemed a bit too calm.

I found myself flinching at each shot-like I did in real life. The only detail I would've added-they should've shown someone counting to themselves the number of shots fired.

He also had another clip he put in though.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
and he was all over the building. No one person heard them all.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Bailey's acting was superb! When he dragged her out from under the bed was scary.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:29 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

You are both missing my point. I have no issue with the amount of ammo used, or the idea that not everyone could hear every shot. My point is that when there is a shooter some people WILL find themselves subconsciously counting every shot they hear. I think it is a psychological control mechanism. By way of example, here is something I wrote shortly after the shooting I was involved in:
------------
Many of you have probably heard of the sniper attack in Moscow, ID last weekend. Moscow is well known to be a peaceful college town. People live here for the quality of life.

I live about a block and a half from where the shooting occurred.

This was my family’s experience.

It started about 11:30pm. I'd just finished some reading, and turned out the light to go to sleep. My wife and I heard a shot. And, believe me, folks, right from the git-go there was no mistaking this. It was loud. My wife said "Holy Sh$#. I think that was a gun."

Then we heard about 20 more shots. Bam bam bam. Real quick like. Turns out the killer had broken into a church, killed the janitor, and was firing into the adjacent sheriff’s office with an assault rifle.

After one burst of shots we heard a car horn. It kept going for at least half an hour. I think that’s when the deputy was killed. I'll never forget that sound. Never. That’s when we knew this was bad.

My wife and I made sure all the windows and doors were locked. Turned off any lights. We thought about going into the basement-probably should have. By some minor miracle the kids were still asleep. Since the shooting seemed to come from one place, we decided the shooter wasn't moving around.

We stayed put, and watched the windows.

My wife noticed that there were no flashing lights or sirens. Where were the cops?. What in the hell was going on? What could we do? What should we do? We were panicked and didn’t know how to respond.

More shots throughout this time. Bam bam bam.

We thought maybe it was an attempted jail break.

As we watched the windows a man ran down our street carrying a gun. What the hell was going on? Who was he? He must have been a cop, but we didn't know it at the time.

We decided to get away from the windows.

My wife and I were frantic. I don't know whether it was the cold or nerves, but I was shaking.

More and more shots pierced the night. Somehow I found myself counting them. Sometimes they came one at a time, more often in bursts, presumably as people were gunned down. I counted sixty before I lost track. My god, it seemed like they would never stop.

At about 12:30 they finally did.

We saw flashing lights at the sheriff’s office. It was an ambulance come to pick up the dead and wounded.

We tried to go back to sleep. At about 1pm the sniper committed suicide in the church sanctuary.

We didn’t find out what had happened until the next morning. Turns out the sniper wanted to commit suicide and take some people with him. He got his wish. He fired over 100 rounds. Three dead, three wounded and a community sick with grief.

I thank god for the brave police that responded and that my family is safe.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
You are both missing my point.

No, I didn't miss your point. I was just stating a fact that's all. I'm sure that's all rkb was doing also.

Just watched the 2nd hour of the finale. Even though I knew from reading here what the outcome would be, I still found myself sitting glued to the screen, jaws clenched and heart pounding! Superb acting all around! Bailey and Charles brought on the waterworks again.

Sloane looked happy (there was a little smile) that Lexie was standing by Alex even though she knows now where his heart lies.

All in all an excellent episode.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I kind of agree. However, I thought Burke was a pretty dull character. Arizona Robbins is one of the better characters on the show now, at least I think so. Owen is a little odd but I wouldnt call him dull. The Mercy West crew were very dull and added nothing to the show which is why they are dead now.
I haven't watched much since Season Four, but I kind of agree. I'm not sure why it was though as Isaiah Washington is not really a bad actor. There's an episode of "Homicide: Life on the Street" where Frank Pembleton (Andre Braugher) is just hammering Isaiah Washington's character (Lane Staley) "in the box" and it was riveting watching their interaction. Maybe he's better at playing criminals or "outsiders" or maybe Burke was just written too stiffly so he didn't have much to work with. Still I did "miss him" as his character seemed to add a sober/professional aspect to all the zaniness. (I get the feeling the show isn't that zany now) Also I liked how Sandra Oh and Heigl played off his character.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
The dumbest part of the finale was when the SWAT guy hit the shooter and then let him get away. He was on the flipping ground with a bullet in his shoulder.....and he let him get away. That would have never happened.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
The dumbest part of the finale was when the SWAT guy hit the shooter and then let him get away. He was on the flipping ground with a bullet in his shoulder.....and he let him get away. That would have never happened.
I agree. I thought I blinked & missed something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV