Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 07:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
All I have to say is this, the final moment was devastating. Just sick over what they did when I was expecting a happy ending but got crushed instead. Terrible.
I was so upset that the writers just could NOT give the characters and US a "happily ever after" ending.
It didn't even cross my mind that Juliette wouldn't get off that jet, fall into Avery's arms and liplock.

I'm sure that scene was filmed because of Hayden's real life troubles with post-partem. I wish her the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was so upset that the writers just could NOT give the characters and US a "happily ever after" ending.
It didn't even cross my mind that Juliette wouldn't get off that jet, fall into Avery's arms and liplock.

I'm sure that scene was filmed because of Hayden's real life troubles with post-partem. I wish her the best.
I think it was filmed that way to be a cliff hanger for next season. At the time of filming, I doubt they knew they were being cancelled.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:24 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I think it was filmed that way to be a cliff hanger for next season. At the time of filming, I doubt they knew they were being cancelled.

No, they went back and changed the ending to what we saw just because they ARE shopping it elsewhere. There are a couple of articles on it.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:42 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Just heard on HLN that Lionsgate said "4 different platforms" are interested in Nashville. Plus all the stars are all on "long term contract".

So Juliette May just be missing.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:24 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
UGH That ending!!! I do hope it gets picked up for another network I really liked this show and I have to say surprised it lasted as long as it did. Now a days these stations give the AXE to a show very quickly! Please bring it back!

Old 05-27-2016, 03:31 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Two endings were filmed. The one which was televised was the one we still would have seen had the series been renewed by ABC. The alternate showed Juliette arriving safely in Nashville and reuniting with Avery and Baby Cadence - this ending was filmed with the idea that if "Nashville" was really absolutely completely over after four seasons, it would be shown.

But! Other networks are interested in a fifth season of "Nashville", and Lionsgate, the producer, is negotiating with four or five potential new homes for the series. So it was decided by Lionsgate - not ABC - to go ahead and show the more open-ended, though worrisome, conclusion, in hopes of increasing fan pressure on those potential new "homes" for another season of "Nashville".

Personally, I think Juliette's plane has entered an alternative universe through a wrinkle in time 90 miles west of Nashville, and it, with all its passengers, will remain safely suspended there until Lionsgate reaches an agreement for a fifth season, or permanently, regretfully, gives up on trying to find this marvelous series a new home.

If the first happens, the plane will remain in suspension until the first episode of Season Five. If the second occurs (oh, please, no!) and the series never returns, then the plane will reenter the normal Nashville universe and airspace, land safely, and Juliette, Avery, and Cadence will reunite and live happily ever after, along with the other "Nashville" characters.

I expect Hayden Panettiere's condition might have also been a factor in creating and filming two different endings, and would like to know just when both conclusions were written and filmed. Hayden announced that she would be receiving additional treatment of post-partum related difficulties around the same time that ABC cancelled the series - I hope her health was not a factor in that cancellation, just as I hope that she is not burdened with feeling that "Nashville"'s fate is her responsibility, as I think that would complicate matters enormously for her. I hope she takes whatever time is required to get better, and of course I hope both Hayden and "Nashville" will return. But her well-being is more important.

Lionsgate has also promised to eventually show "Nashville" fans the alternative ending, perhaps in the first episode of the much-wished-for Season Five - if not, I expect it will ultimately appear on YouTube, whether officially or not. So be patient, sign the change.org petition, and keep your fingers crossed.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:19 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
I hope so Avery is my favorite character, love his acting. Love this too! So beautiful and the emotion is beautiful too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmX5xTTZ-Ts

Old 05-27-2016, 04:44 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Quote:
Lionsgate has also promised to eventually show "Nashville" fans the alternative ending, perhaps in the first episode of the much-wished-for Season Five

They can pull a "Dallas" and have it all be a dream and have Avery wake up on the drive from Mississippi with Scarlett back in the first year.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:58 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
I was told that CMT is very interested in the show.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:51 PM

977 posts, read 1,109,685 times
CraigCreek, wouldn't let me rep you again---beautifully written post, and thanks for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV