Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 11:38 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times

Advertisements

I don't think Connie Britain really wants to continue with her character on Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 02:32 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Seriously? I had no idea. That's crazy!

Yeah I don't see it being picked up. Maybe a Nashville movie (made for tv) to tie up loose ends?
The incentives Lions Gate has received is par for the course in order to draw entertainment production to cities and states all over the country. When the show is in production, they employ about 500 people and about 200 year round. $20 million a year is spent on labor for the show. Their convention bureau consider the show a one hour commercial for Nashville that airs 26+ times a year.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:51 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Perhaps with new showrunners in place, as was planned for Season Five prior to ABC's cancellation of "Nashville", fewer special guests would be appearing and the focus would have returned to the principals: Rayna, Deacon, their girls, Juliette, Avery, Scarlett, Gunnar, Will, Luke, and those who were in their lives and careers on a regular basis (Emily, Glen, Bucky, Colt, Teddy, Tandy, etc.).

I think the well-intentioned additions of guest stars who appeared for one or two episodes, along with lesser-known actors whose short-lived, ill-conceived and often unlikely stories fizzled out, incomplete after perhaps three episodes, damaged the series considerably, whereas keeping the emphasis on the original cast members plus the few who came along in Season Two, would have made "Nashville" a much stronger contender and a better show in general.

It's also a shame that three problematic parent characters - Rayna's father, Juliette and Scarlett's mothers - were killed off, given the talents of those who portrayed them and the dramatic but more plausible storytelling possiblities their survival would have provided.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:37 AM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Perhaps with new showrunners in place, as was planned for Season Five prior to ABC's cancellation of "Nashville", fewer special guests would be appearing and the focus would have returned to the principals: Rayna, Deacon, their girls, Juliette, Avery, Scarlett, Gunnar, Will, Luke, and those who were in their lives and careers on a regular basis (Emily, Glen, Bucky, Colt, Teddy, Tandy, etc.).

I think the well-intentioned additions of guest stars who appeared for one or two episodes, along with lesser-known actors whose short-lived, ill-conceived and often unlikely stories fizzled out, incomplete after perhaps three episodes, damaged the series considerably, whereas keeping the emphasis on the original cast members plus the few who came along in Season Two, would have made "Nashville" a much stronger contender and a better show in general.

It's also a shame that three problematic parent characters - Rayna's father, Juliette and Scarlett's mothers - were killed off, given the talents of those who portrayed them and the dramatic but more plausible storytelling possiblities their survival would have provided.

I have to spread rep points around before repping you again. Just wanted to say that I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Still would like to see someone pick the series up, but I do wish they had followed the course that you mentioned. I really thought that Powers Boothe was a more interesting villain than Teddy or Jeff. They also could have done more with Tandy although I enjoyed her recent brief appearances on the show.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:43 PM

455 posts, read 651,991 times
One of the main stars of the show was the music, with T-Bone Burnett (initially) and Buddy Miller serving as music directors. With the emphasis on soapy high drama this season at the expense of the music, I felt the whole show circling the drain. So it goes...

Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 PM

So happy to report that this afternoon, there are reports from trustworthy sources that CMT will pick up "Nashville", possibly in a three-way agreement with both Lionsgate and Hulu. An announcement is expected, probably tomorrow, at (the real) Nashville's CMT Awards.

If these rumors prove true, many Nashies will be celebrating, including me, when I visit Nashville briefly in a few days.

Might even be singing "A Life's That Good" as I head down I-65, er, make that Highway 65, to Music City...

Old 06-07-2016, 05:11 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
So happy to report that this afternoon, there are reports from trustworthy sources that CMT will pick up "Nashville", possibly in a three-way agreement with both Lionsgate and Hulu. An announcement is expected, probably tomorrow, at (the real) Nashville's CMT Awards.

If these rumors prove true, many Nashies will be celebrating, including me, when I visit Nashville briefly in a few days.

Might even be singing "A Life's That Good" as I head down I-65, er, make that Highway 65, to Music City...
Not really a rumor anymore.

CMT Eyeing ‘Nashville’ Season 5 Renewal After ABC Cancellation | Variety

Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Question is - will they continue to shoot it here (Nashville) or move it to Atlanta like they've moved most of their stuff.

Creeksitter - Be prepared - super hot (mid-90s) and humid for the weekend. Traffic is already terrible and it's only Tuesday!

I thought about going to the CMT Awards tomorrow night, but didn't want to spend $295 (apiece!) for Lexus Lounge/lower bowl tickets.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Since CMT is very solidly located in Nashville, I would expect the show to continue to be filmed there. However, it would not surprise me to see a shorter season (which would allow the actors and musicians to take other roles and gigs during the rest of the year, as they now do during the summer), and fewer guest stars, which I think would be a good thing, as more focus would be turned towards the original cast members and the storytelling would be tightened, with fewer tangential story lines.

I'm also optimistic about the new showrunners hired just before ABC cancelled "Nashville" - Lionsgate and Callie Khouri indicate that they'd already started planning Season Five, so it seems certain that they'll also stay on.

Of course, now I'll have to get cable...or Hulu. Thought I'd wait until I was too decrepit to have adventures of my own and would have to rely on cable for excitement. Life is nothing if not surprising, but right now, this afternoon's news has set me singing "A Life That's Good" to myself.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:15 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Will CMT welcome the gay storyline?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV