Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,045,966 times

Advertisements

Im looking forward to tonights episode. The previews look good & so does charlie. The power outage happened 16 yrs ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,286,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Im looking forward to tonights episode. The previews look good & so does charlie. The power outage happened 16 yrs ago.
It looks like Charlie's grown up a bit. And I don't think her brother is going to be the soldier... I think she started out with innocece FOR a reason even if she seemed too 'soft'.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 AM

7,379 posts, read 5,494,406 times
I did not understand why Aaron left his wife. If he loved her so much why did he leave her? Just because he was weak? That seemed like a lame excuse to me.
I was also surprised Drexel's men did not shoot Aaron and Nora after Aaron shot their leader. That was confusing to me too.
At least next week looks interesting when they show how the power went out.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,898,134 times
I liked Aarons back story, I think he left his wife so she could be safe, but come on. You can learn to build a fire, hunt, do cool manly things. And I suppose the reason the bad guys didn't shoot Aaron when he killed Drexel was like the solders in the Wizard of Oz, they were probably relieved.

Now, MORE bathtub scenes!

And although next weeks previews maybe sorta show why the power went out, remember LOST? We all thought, because of the previews, something would be answered and all we got was more questions. I theorize this will be the same thing.

But seriously, MORE bathtub scenes!

Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,045,966 times
The bathtub scene kind of surprised me esp when she got out & tore up the postcards.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I did not understand why Aaron left his wife. If he loved her so much why did he leave her? Just because he was weak? That seemed like a lame excuse to me.
I was also surprised Drexel's men did not shoot Aaron and Nora after Aaron shot their leader. That was confusing to me too.
At least next week looks interesting when they show how the power went out.
He felt like he couldn't do anything to help, and when he tries it makes more problems. He's a brilliant nerd, but maybe not so well versed in where they were. I think he felt he was a danger to her, that she had a better chance with him, and did not want to endanger her.

He seems like someone who's drifting through, who just maintains, until that moment... when he really did make a difference for a lot.

As far as Drexel, he was walking on the trippy side. Power and greed mixed with a tinge of instability equals someone you might not be sad to go. I'm sure if he'd thought any of them had betrayed him he wouldn't have hesitated. Of course now the lieutenants will try to take over, and the neighbors will do all they can to prevent it....

A thought. This show reminds me of Star Trek, TNG over DS9. They come, they do their thing and they leave. How exactly they change things or what its like to live is sort of out of mind by then. I always liked DS9 better because it was about a place and all the problems of living in it, and the captain couldn't make the sorts of decisions Picard did since he still had to deal with the repercussions.

Unfortunately, a show about a village with overlords pushing them around in the Revolution world where the main story was their day to day puncuated by troubles from outside would be pronounced 'dull' by most.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The bathtub scene kind of surprised me esp when she got out & tore up the postcards.
Tearing up the postcards was amazing. The kid from the village is past and gone. She was also going to kill the neighbor, even though she knew she didn't want to. She'll be someone to recon with in time.

The juxtapositon of the tub and the postcards is also interesting in that its filmed as one would a woman, not a child, almost as a companioun piece.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,402,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I liked Aarons back story, I think he left his wife so she could be safe, but come on. You can learn to build a fire, hunt, do cool manly things. And I suppose the reason the bad guys didn't shoot Aaron when he killed Drexel was like the solders in the Wizard of Oz, they were probably relieved.

And although next weeks previews maybe sorta show why the power went out, remember LOST? We all thought, because of the previews, something would be answered and all we got was more questions. I theorize this will be the same thing.

I thought Aaron leaving his wife didn't make sense either. Now if he had been the one with asthma (instead of Danny) or had some other physical limitation (like old age) that was slowing the group down, it might have kinda made sense. But seriously - after a few months of tromping around, he would have been in much better physical condition and might have learned a thing or two.

Lots of people don't know how to purify water, read a "paper" map or compass, render emergnecy first aid, make a fire, hunt or fish, make a snare for game, etc..... But I'm pretty sure that most could figure it out 8 -9 months into the blackout.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,282,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post

LOL.

My wife and I watched the bathtub scene and saw some "jiggle" and we were like...O_o!

The promos made it seem like something else was going to happen...

In any case the episode started with Charlie being her whiny self, and after she tore up the postcards I was hoping that she had turned into a bad--- but I think she's still conflicted as ever.

Aaron's story was OK, and only watchable because I like backstories more than the main story. I kinda "get" why he left his wife but it seemed like she really loved him regardless of his faults. He obviously felt he couldn't protect her, but felt he could survive on his own which is kinda strange.

In 9 months if push came to shove, you'd learn to do things you'd never thought possible.This guy was obviously smart, and although smarts doesn't always translate to "street smarts" he has to have done something to survive for these past 15 years.

I have a feeling we'll see them either get reunited or at the very least meet again.

I figured the power would come back on sooner or later and the story would be about an actual revolution between the different governments/militias and their backstories.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
LOL.

My wife and I watched the bathtub scene and saw some "jiggle" and we were like...O_o!
I definitely noticed the jiggle as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV