Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:53 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,600,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Is that set in stone? How did you come up with that conclusion? Just interested why you think that.
sawyer wants to get off the island, he doesnt care about kate or anyone else. he didnt react as you would think when locke said he killed the temple people. yes i know theres holes in this theory since sawyer wants to get locke and whitemore to kill off each other

not an official spoiler, just my spoiler
Spoiler
i think mib/locke will get off the island and jack will have to keep sawyer there just as jacob had to keep mib there

i should know this by now, but did setting the bomb off setup there alt reality for where jacob never visited the cast when they were kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
i should know this by now, but did setting the bomb off setup there alt reality for where jacob never visited the cast when they were kids?
It's been speculated that it was either the bomb or possibly Ben killing Jacob that caused the Alt X timeline - they sure ain't tellin us yet.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:44 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
It's been speculated that it was either the bomb or possibly Ben killing Jacob that caused the Alt X timeline - they sure ain't tellin us yet.
I don't remember the island being underwater as any specific timeline. Perhaps that's the way the show will end. A few get off the island, a bunch get killed in the fight between Jacob, the MIB and Widmore, and some sort of massive explosion takes place which causes a huge wave and buries the island underwater. If I remember correctly, it didn't look like things were destroyed...they were just underwater.

The time changes on the show are always preceded by a sort of metallic scraping sound. It's the same sound as the first episode of this season, when the bomb had gone off and Kate's ears were ringing. Also, don't forget, when Sawyer buried Juliette, Miles heard her speaking from the grave and she said "it worked." This tells me that the LAX timeline is the reality and somehow what's going on on the island is shaping their futures and likely their personalities. Sawyer is hell-bent on trying to get off the island and denying any feelings for Kate. Yet when he went to the cage and saw the dress she was wearing, he definitely got emotional. Fast forward to the LAX timeline and there's Kate and Sawyer coming face-to-face again.

I also found it interesting when Flocke was talking to Kate and telling her that his mother was crazy and now Aaron's mom is crazy too. I'm not sure that Jacob and the MIB are brothers. Maybe Richard and the MIB? Now that would be a good twist. Richard recognized him immediately when he saw him on the beach and not as Locke.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I don't remember the island being underwater as any specific timeline. Perhaps that's the way the show will end. A few get off the island, a bunch get killed in the fight between Jacob, the MIB and Widmore, and some sort of massive explosion takes place which causes a huge wave and buries the island underwater. If I remember correctly, it didn't look like things were destroyed...they were just underwater.

I also found it interesting when Flocke was talking to Kate and telling her that his mother was crazy and now Aaron's mom is crazy too. I'm not sure that Jacob and the MIB are brothers. Maybe Richard and the MIB? Now that would be a good twist. Richard recognized him immediately when he saw him on the beach and not as Locke.
Ah but they did show a zoom-out effect from the Alt-X 815 flight down to that sunken island - it's part of that timeline.

No more daddy issues- now it's mommy issues....

Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Ah but they did show a zoom-out effect from the Alt-X 815 flight down to that sunken island - it's part of that timeline.
Wait...you lost me. They showed the island underwater and then the plane flying over it? That I didn't remember. I remember the underwater footage, seeing the huge foot underwater, the Dharma houses underwater, etc. Then, I remember them showing the inside of the plane. I have them all DVRd, so I'll have to go back and watch.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
That whole thing w/ Kate talking to Sayid was creepy.did he know Claire was going to kill Kate? did a part of him want to stop it?
Watching Sayid just makes me sad. It's why I think he's going to have a huge part to play in the end. He really has 2 crappy lives...on the island and in the LAX timeline. He's such a great character and I find myself rooting for him because I think he really shows the conflict between good and evil and no matter how hard he tries to get on the right path, something always gets him and drags him back. Right now, I think he just doesn't care what happens, to himself or to any of his friends (like Kate). He is in a very dark place, but Sayid is a good person and I think that's why when he comes out of his "funk" he'll be a hero, and possibly have a different fate in the LAX timeline.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Watching Sayid just makes me sad. It's why I think he's going to have a huge part to play in the end. He really has 2 crappy lives...on the island and in the LAX timeline. He's such a great character and I find myself rooting for him because I think he really shows the conflict between good and evil and no matter how hard he tries to get on the right path, something always gets him and drags him back. Right now, I think he just doesn't care what happens, to himself or to any of his friends (like Kate). He is in a very dark place, but Sayid is a good person and I think that's why when he comes out of his "funk" he'll be a hero, and possibly have a different fate in the LAX timeline.
If Flocke gives him his "wish" who will show up, Nadia or Shannon? Both died in his arms.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:32 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,358,196 times
Quote:
If Flocke gives him his "wish" who will show up, Nadia or Shannon? Both died in his arms.
Pretty sure it will be Nadia. When they were showing the enhanced episode, the comments at the bottom mentioned Nadia, not Shannon.

Now that I think about, a Loy of women have died in Sayid's arms: Nadia, Shannon, and that Elsa chick from "The Economist". Falling in love w/ Sayid is very bad for your health!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,249,764 times
I didn't particularly like Sawyer with Charlotte. Not a good couple for me.

Wonder why MIB didn't inhabit the body of anyone else during the years of being on the island. Why Locke....why now?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,249,764 times
Juliet. Not sure why....I just really like her character and the way she looks. My next favorite was Locke....before he got creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV