Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:24 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,984 times

Advertisements

So, I'm hearing that the title of the first episode is "Because You Left"and the first scene has Sawyer, Juliet, Bernard, and Rose in it.

Also, one of the following is true in the premiere:

1. The Island moved forward in time.
2. The Island moved backward in time.
3. The Island did not move in time, but it did move in space -- to another location on the planet.
4. The Island did not move in time or space -- it's still there, but Dharma tech renders it invisible to the naked eye.

I'm guessing #4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,068,594 times
Huh.. ok. Thanks for the info Amy. I'm glad we'll get to see what happened to/on the Island right away. I wonder if it'll be a flashfoward or flashback or neither since Damon and Carlton said that at some point it wouldnt matter.

And I dont think its #4. The Island sunk into the middle of the ocean. If it wouldve disappeared, it would just been gone, in like thin air. Why would it sink like it did? I think #'s 1-3 are all possible. BUT, since there was talk of time travel right before the Island vanished (time travelling bunnies, remember?), I'm going to guess it was moved either forward or backward in time. AND, I just remembered, after the Island is moved, Ben is in the middle of the desert in Tunisia (or where ever he was). And he had to ask the hotel attendant what the date was. And it was definitely forward in time, because Sayid had already gotten off the Island and married Nadia. So there we go, I think the Island moved forward in time.

And on a small note, and this is for everyone, PLEASE dont post any spoilers if you happen to read any. And if you do post something, PLEASE give a warning. I really dont want to know anything ahead of time. I just dont think its any fun and kind of ruins the point of watching the show.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:43 PM

37 posts, read 122,605 times
yeah but you need to be a citizen of U.S. to watch from ABC.com

Old 11-21-2008, 08:34 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,068,594 times
NEW LOST PROMO!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE... but BEWARE, season 5 spoilers ahead. Its awesome though, worth a watch!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post

CLICK HERE... but BEWARE, season 5 spoilers ahead. Its awesome though, worth a watch!!!
wow, that has to be the best promo for any show EVER! I'm so hyped up for this show to start now!! I've got way too many questions from watching that promo!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post

Awesome - plus, I love The Fray.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
OMG! That was the BESTEST trailer I have ever seen...for anything! I can't wait!!!!! Thanks Think!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,942,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
So, I'm hearing that the title of the first episode is "Because You Left"and the first scene has Sawyer, Juliet, Bernard, and Rose in it.

Also, one of the following is true in the premiere:

1. The Island moved forward in time.
2. The Island moved backward in time.
3. The Island did not move in time, but it did move in space -- to another location on the planet.
4. The Island did not move in time or space -- it's still there, but Dharma tech renders it invisible to the naked eye.

I'm guessing #4.
Here's my take on this whole scenario....remember, it's just an opinion.

The Dharma initiative discovered a "wormhole" over the island. They have done several experiments and discovered the island was an asteroid or a collection of space debris that attracts a wormhole to the island. The Dharma Initiative found a way to manipulate the powers of the island using the wormhole. Think of the highly contraversial and criticized Bermuda Triangle on a smaller scale! May be extra-terrestrial in origin as a possible aspect of the island moving or dissappearing.

Just a thought .....

Old 11-25-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Here's my take on this whole scenario....remember, it's just an opinion.

The Dharma initiative discovered a "wormhole" over the island. They have done several experiments and discovered the island was an asteroid or a collection of space debris that attracts a wormhole to the island. The Dharma Initiative found a way to manipulate the powers of the island using the wormhole. Think of the highly contraversial and criticized Bermuda Triangle on a smaller scale! May be extra-terrestrial in origin as a possible aspect of the island moving or dissappearing.

Just a thought .....
Interesting - I like the wormhole theory. Actually, I'm watching the History Channel as we speak and they're discussing wormholes in space and how one could time travel inside one.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:54 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,942,172 times
I doubt JJ Abrams will ever reveal the true answer behind the enigma of the island and it's special "gifts!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV