Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 12:04 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I like the food auctions too, lol. Love the photography but would also like to see more info on the local people and their culture and maybe some details on what the particular island is noted for. Sometimes, particularly the ocean cliff scenes, it looks to me as if it's filmed here in Oregon, lol.
Remember the quizzes they used to have dealing with the island history and culture? I miss those.

I also miss the maze challenges they would have where the survivors were darting around looking for their flags up and down alleyways. I wonder what happened to those. The challenges may have "evolved" but they seem to be evolving into boredom. yawn......

I want a new car prize. Bring it, Jeff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 03:17 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Remember the quizzes they used to have dealing with the island history and culture? I miss those.

I also miss the maze challenges they would have where the survivors were darting around looking for their flags up and down alleyways. I wonder what happened to those. The challenges may have "evolved" but they seem to be evolving into boredom. yawn......

Well, next season is, what, the 4th season in a row filmed in the Philippines? There's only so many questions you can ask about a place. lol They need to find somewhere new to film (maybe they'll have to for the next two seasons because of the recent typhoon?)

Old 12-18-2013, 08:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

I miss the local history challenges too there are multiple islands there each having some kind of uniqueness you'd think. I liked when they had to run into areas read a clue then if they answered correctly they got a puzzle piece or key.

The dude breaking another's leg in a physical ball challenge pretty much put an end to contact sports challenges I bet.

Don't think the car prize will be coming back soon since the big 3 bailout.

Here is the final after show this one on the red carpet. Seems Parv & Tina sure don't want Hayden with Kat in fact I thought it was rude of Tina saying Kat better hold onto him he is on her son-in-law radar.

Survivor After Show Video - Red Carpet Finale - CBS.com

Also the new thread is up for the next Survivor come post to reserve your spot we'll all be waiting.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/20...eb-2014-a.html

Old 12-21-2013, 02:22 AM

219 posts, read 331,396 times
I just binge-watched Blood vs Water. I only started watching Survivor the last 3-4 seasons but thought this was a very good season. The Blood vs Water concept was interesting and made for some good storylines but I felt it weakened some of the play (i.e. Marissa getting voted out, Rupert taking his wife's place).

Tyson flat-out outplayed everyone and totally deserved to win it. He played a beautiful game. Making the right moves, building the strongest alliance, floating under the radar, finding both immunity idols and winning final immunity.

Underdog - Ciera. Wow, I thought she was a cute naïve newbie, but she quickly caught on and turned out to be quite a savvy, perceptive player. When she turned on her alliance and forced the stone draw, it was one of the best moments of survivor I have seen. I felt like she was a stronger player than Gervase or Monica. If only she was a stronger challenge player.

Another player I underestimated - Hayden. I kinda associated him with Kat in the beginning and thought he was all brawn and riding on the coattails of his alliances. His last-minute play to turn Ciera was beautiful. Very smart and self-aware, not surprised that he won Big Brother. I would love to see him play another season of Survivor.

Hated Colton once again. Loved Caleb. Colton just doesn't deserve to be in Survivor and I felt CBS only brought him back for drama and ratings. At least he didn't say anything racist this time..

And did I hear there will only be 2 more seasons of Survivor??

Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,190 times
The right person won. Jarvis did not receive one vote. Lol!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
I just binge-watched Blood vs Water.
And did I hear there will only be 2 more seasons of Survivor??
Where did you binge watch it? They were picked up for 2 more seasons after that CBS & Survivor producers will negotiate for more I reckon.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
The right person won. Jarvis did not receive one vote. Lol!
Found it interesting to listen to the jury speak about who deserved the million. Tina said she wouldn't give it to Gervase because he had 4 kids and went to strip clubs. That seems like a moral issue on her part not how he played the game. He didn't deserve to win but that still surprised me she said that.

survior jury speaks - YouTube

Old 12-21-2013, 02:59 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,790 times
Is it not up to each juror to decide for themselves what criteria they will use to vote for a winner?

If so, not a problem.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Is it not up to each juror to decide for themselves what criteria they will use to vote for a winner?

If so, not a problem.
Yes I guess it is, I just think I'd want to vote on how they played the game not what their personal lives entailed. Really don't know since I'll never be on the jury but I'd like to think I would vote according to game play.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yes I guess it is, I just think I'd want to vote on how they played the game not what their personal lives entailed. Really don't know since I'll never be on the jury but I'd like to think I would vote according to game play.
^^^^ That's the way it's supposed to be judged, Jax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV