Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times

Advertisements

I don't even know what to say about last night. I felt it was a complete waste of time and a real letdown after investing all those weeks of watching the show.

Though Clare was not my favorite, I was impressed with the way she stood up for herself at the final rose ceremony. If I were her, though, I would have ended it the night before, but I think she really believed in the fairytale and was so convinced he would choose her.

I don't think Nikki won either, by the way he handled himself last night. I don't see them lasting very long and, in fact, would not be surprised if they've already broken up and are just pretending for the sake of what they can get out of staying together.

I'm sure that now Juan wishes he'd never signed up for this, and I'm guessing Chris Harrison is wishing Juan hadn't either! I've never seen him clearly show dislike for a contestant more.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Andi being the next Bachelorette. Can't wait to see what kind of guys sign up to be on her season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 11:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
ITA! He is a user/loser. He chose Nikki 'cause he thinks he has more time with her to mold her into what HE wants since she's 5-6 years younger than Clare. Andi & Sharlene rejected him because they found out early their is no "cerebral connection" with him. He's all about his image/agenda and doesn't really care about anyone else's ideas/input. I wonder how he interacted with Camilla's mother.
I'm not sure JP has any cerebral.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:00 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
I watched the first show and the last, and happened to have it on and heard the 'ocean sex' scene. This was sufficent to put him on the list of losers. But definately a different end.

I noticed how they showed a lot of the visit to his family on the final show. I wanted to smack both women. If mom and the brother or cousin and so on go out of their way to gently warn them about him, then big red flag time. He's a conroller and he likes to have fun with no strings. Having fun with no strings is fine, but if both are playing. Clarie was too smart to be so stupid about him and talk herself into ignoring the voice in her head. I hope she finds someone who really cares abut her and not mostly themselves.

Nikki strikes me as getting him though. And if they enjoy dating and fun together giving her the rose was fine. But I think she has more of a clue about the sort of male he is. She'll stick around until the fun is over. It was sad when the host kept trying to get JP to say he loved her or wasn't there going to be a proposal? I doubt JP knows how to 'love' and any woman who thinks he's genuine husband material is either desperate or stupid.

But at least his daughters have the grandmother who is clearly in charge of them. Another bit of instant turnoff was when I think Claire was saying how she'd love to have more little girls and he says well we'd have to keep trying until there was a son. Perfect example of his overall view of women.

I think it ended the happiest it could for everyone except the producers and host of the series, who really wanted it to look like true love. They'll have fun until they decide its not fun anymore and nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:09 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
modcutNikki will soon find out (if last night didn't give her a clue) that she is to be seen and not heard.

Eventually she will come to her senses and dump him.

Last edited by Beretta; 03-11-2014 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 03-11-2014, 01:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
He chose Nicki who'll put up with his BS for a while at least. I think he's looking for a one-sided relationship where he's the "star" for sure. I watched 1/2 of the last 4 episodes and didn't care for the guy at all.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I watched the first show and the last, and happened to have it on and heard the 'ocean sex' scene. This was sufficent to put him on the list of losers. But definately a different end.

I noticed how they showed a lot of the visit to his family on the final show. I wanted to smack both women. If mom and the brother or cousin and so on go out of their way to gently warn them about him, then big red flag time. He's a conroller and he likes to have fun with no strings. Having fun with no strings is fine, but if both are playing. Clarie was too smart to be so stupid about him and talk herself into ignoring the voice in her head. I hope she finds someone who really cares abut her and not mostly themselves.

Nikki strikes me as getting him though. And if they enjoy dating and fun together giving her the rose was fine. But I think she has more of a clue about the sort of male he is. She'll stick around until the fun is over. It was sad when the host kept trying to get JP to say he loved her or wasn't there going to be a proposal? I doubt JP knows how to 'love' and any woman who thinks he's genuine husband material is either desperate or stupid.

But at least his daughters have the grandmother who is clearly in charge of them. Another bit of instant turnoff was when I think Claire was saying how she'd love to have more little girls and he says well we'd have to keep trying until there was a son. Perfect example of his overall view of women.

I think it ended the happiest it could for everyone except the producers and host of the series, who really wanted it to look like true love. They'll have fun until they decide its not fun anymore and nothing wrong with that.
A little more reality than the producers bargained for, eh? It was really painful watching Chris Harrison trying to goad JP into telling Nikki he loved her. He should have just left well enough alone.

modcut

Last edited by Beretta; 03-11-2014 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: quoted post deleted

Old 03-11-2014, 03:04 PM

Chris Harrison should have told Juan Pablo at the end of the After show. "I wish we wouldn't have picked you to be the Bachelor, just being honest!!"

Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Chris Harrison should have told Juan Pablo at the end of the After show. "I wish we wouldn't have picked you to be the Bachelor, just being honest!!"
He didn't have to say it - although I think everyone else BUT Juan Pablo got that!

Old 03-11-2014, 03:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
I'm glad he was the bachelor. Being a new viewer, had it been the way it's been portrayed in the past it wouldn't have held my attention. This one reeled me in. I couldn't wait to see who the next person was to dump him.

It probably breathed new life into the show.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
He didn't have to say it - although I think everyone else BUT Juan Pablo got that!
You're right, but I wish he did so even JP would've got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV