Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

I did stop for a while. I'm on the verge of it again, but just as I about have my mind made up to quit, they'll put out another great episode. This season's opener was one of the best they've ever done. They've had a few decent to good episodes since. Last week's was 5 minutes of actual story stretched into 48 minutes of bad writing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:40 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
I think the show is going for super realism right now. It's a miserable existence and water/food isn't so readily available, they are on foot and it takes a long time to travel that way. It isn't as easy to find cars either now.

With that said, I do wish it would move a tad faster. Maybe condense the time it takes to travel/search for food/water etc into one episode rather than stretching it out to three. I keep watching it personally as I hope it gets better since I have "invested" so much time into it. But I won't come on here and complain each week about it. Just once in a while.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:14 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
I've been more patient than I expected. I just hope that for all of this waiting the reward won't be a Guv 2.0. I keep hearing about Big Bad Negan but I don't see how that storyline will differ from the Guv's in any material way. He will be a Big Bad Man with a Big Bad Group that has lots of guns and they will "fight to the death" with Rick and Co. Haven't we seen this play out twice already?

Looking back, I wish they had spent more time at Terminus. It would have been cool if one of the Gang had been eaten.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I've been more patient than I expected. I just hope that for all of this waiting the reward won't be a Guv 2.0. I keep hearing about Big Bad Negan but I don't see how that storyline will differ from the Guv's in any material way. He will be a Big Bad Man with a Big Bad Group that has lots of guns and they will "fight to the death" with Rick and Co. Haven't we seen this play out twice already?

Looking back, I wish they had spent more time at Terminus. It would have been cool if one of the Gang had been eaten.
Who is Negan? Did I miss an episode?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Maybe condense the time it takes to travel/search for food/water etc into one episode rather than stretching it out to three.
But it has only been one episode so far, right? Or are you saying that in hopes they won't stretch it out that far.

Quote:
He's a character the comic book lovers love to "spoil" by dropping hints about. You have not missed an episode.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But it has only been one episode so far, right? Or are you saying that in hopes they won't stretch it out that far.

Yeah, I hope they don't stretch it out for the next episode. I feel like they could have combined the last two episodes.

Quote:
He's a character the comic book lovers love to "spoil" by dropping hints about. You have not missed an episode.
Oh that's nice. I now remember why I rarely come in this thread. Sigh. The ONE TIME...whatever.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

I'm satisfied with the last episodes, but, I'm not in the mood for another big bad wolf so soon, gosh. I'm looking forward to finding out about the new guy, just not interested in seeing them clash right away without even built up any hope or energy to sustain themselves for the next leg of their journey. But already this one reminds me of a cross between the Gov and the Terminus leader. Either way, I'm looking forward to the episode and hoping for the best.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:27 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
Quote:
Negan is a major bad guy from the comics that Robert Kirkman has said will be on the show in the future (most likely next season...)

Just imagine a guy as big and brawny as Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, only with a lot more intensity.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:39 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
My general complaints are when they defy the laws of physics or probability.. The van going off the bridge in part 1 of the season last year and landing on its tires.. The magic tornado.. Which technically didn't defy the laws of physics, it was just so incredibly unlikely that it would happen at JUST the right time. Vehicles just starting up when they need them to after 2 years.. I don't require reality.. But I don't want total fantasy, either.

You mention a good point about the writers. But.. My feeling is that is one of the problems.. They haven't been able to get any consistency BECAUSE they keep changing writers and showrunners. and that's mainly because AMC is overriding the showrunners and they quit. Other than Darabont, who they fired.
If I see a car start right up on the show, I normally assume it was recently abandoned and not something that has been sitting there for 1-2 years. There certainly seem to be plenty of survivors around to have used cars that are sitting around - it seems like the ones that wouldn't be used were the thousands, or tens of thousands, stuck on the highway heading out of Atlanta. While survivors probably poached gasoline from them in the early days, some of those cars could take a lot of work to get off the highway and turn around if they're in the middle of a 4 or 5 lane highway.

What I thought was disappointing was that Z-Nation already used a tornado several months back - and, now, we get one on The Walking Dead. And, they also had a dehydration story line as well.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:34 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
What I thought was disappointing was that Z-Nation already used a tornado several months back - and, now, we get one on The Walking Dead. And, they also had a dehydration story line as well.
There's going to be overlap there.. And I can forgive that.. Though, as I mentioned before.. I'd like to see something like the chapter in "The Stand" that deals with accidents. Stephen King devoted a chapter to stories about people who survived Captain Tripps, but then died in 'accidental' deaths.. Kid who fell down a well and so on.. Has there even be an accidental death on TWD? I feel like I'm forgetting something, but every death has either been via Zombie or a killing that I can think of.. You would expect with all the guns and traps that people are setting.. There'd be some accidents.. I guess you can classify Beth as an accident..

Babylon 5 vs Deep Space Nine.. You know, there were lawsuits because the shows were so similar, but they couldn't have been different.

Someone mentioned that people are invested in the characters.. One of the ways you get invested and stay invested in the characters is through backstory. Which has been virtually nonexistent the past few seasons. The few short snippets of Michonne's life is really all we got. There's something to be said for developing the character forwards as well.. It's probably MORE important that way, but the backstory is important, too.. Do you have the same understanding of Walter White without the backstory of Elliot and Gretchen Schwartz and Grey Matter? Possibly, but having that backstory adds another level..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV