Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 04:52 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
The reuniting part was definitely a tear jerker!
For me to.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I agree...it was just over the top on the gore. I had to hold my hands in front of my eyes more than once. I just don't see where it is a good thing, in any possible way, to subject an audience to that. I had a friend on FB announce that she let her 13 year old son watch this episode (his first time watching TWD) because he was begging...and she regretted it. I would never have let my son watch this show at that age....and I told her that. Much worse than that - a friend of hers commented that she let her 5 year old grandaughter watch it as she loved it. Seriously??

OMG, this makes me SO Angry, I just cannot believe how sick some parents are....I mean seriously?????? Some people just shouldn't be parents.....it is amazing how young people today, do not know how to be responsible parents....and please print this up and give it to them....they need to go to counseling, and figure out how to be a "GOOD" RESPONSIBLE parent....Geeze Louise?????

Old 10-15-2014, 05:07 AM

One thing that bothers me, the guy who CLAIMS to have a cure....what is your take on him? I am skeptacle....thinking he is faking it, b/c he seems like a nerd, that has been lucky enough to survive, and it's a tactic of his for protection?

The other question I have is Morgan? Why was he covering his face? Is this virus in the air? I'm wondering if he found out more, and the writers are taking a more scientific lead on all of this, for this season?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
One thing that bothers me, the guy who CLAIMS to have a cure....what is your take on him? I am skeptacle....thinking he is faking it, b/c he seems like a nerd, that has been lucky enough to survive, and it's a tactic of his for protection?

The other question I have is Morgan? Why was he covering his face? Is this virus in the air? I'm wondering if he found out more, and the writers are taking a more scientific lead on all of this, for this season?
We talked about Eugene just a few pages ago. Most of us think he is full of it.

I believe Morgan covered his face just for a dramatic reveal. He is a bit off though. He was wearing it in the episode "Clear" but I think that was dramatic effect too.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 AM

604 posts, read 839,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
It's not on Netflix. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch the entire series for free on Amazon.
Thanks! Good to know. I do have Amazon Prime.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:58 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:

I think he's lying about a cure. That answer he gave about how to destroy the zombie plague was a rambling non-answer that a person would give if he were lying and doesn't know much about biology.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:08 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I agree...it was just over the top on the gore. I had to hold my hands in front of my eyes more than once. I just don't see where it is a good thing, in any possible way, to subject an audience to that. I had a friend on FB announce that she let her 13 year old son watch this episode (his first time watching TWD) because he was begging...and she regretted it. I would never have let my son watch this show at that age....and I told her that. Much worse than that - a friend of hers commented that she let her 5 year old grandaughter watch it as she loved it. Seriously??
No, it wasn't over the top. I'm sure you've watched the entire series...you understand the nature of this world and it's not easy or pretty. They didn't subject you to anything...if you didn't like it, you didn't have to watch it. And who cares what other people let their kids watch? What is it to you? Maybe they had a discussion about it...maybe they knew the kid could handle it...with the 5 yr. old, she probably didn't understand a thing so that doesn't make much sense but the 13 yr. old? Nunya...

When I was 10, I watched Roots. I find that to be much more horrific...just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Just so you know, the comic books, from which the show was created, was 10 times worse than what is shown on TV.
AMEN!

Quote:

People have already commented about Eugene...you can read that including a spoiler someone posted.

Also, Morgan was probably just wearing his gear...sure, they took some dramatic license for the reveal but if you're killing walkers, do you really want that goo to squirt into your mouth or eyes? He wasn't wearing his full head gear as he did in his last episode...he was just wearing something to protect his face.

I really feel like, from some of the comments here, that people aren't really paying attention...and/or they come up with some really off base theories. I don't understand why you can't relax and enjoy the ride. If it's too gory for you and you don't see the purpose behind it, DON'T WATCH. If you can't let the writers take you where THEY want, DON'T COMPLAIN. Stop trying to make up YOUR rules for this show...it's NOT your show...we the audience are in it for the enjoyment...just enjoy it...my word!

Old 10-15-2014, 07:23 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I think he's lying about a cure. That answer he gave about how to destroy the zombie plague was a rambling non-answer that a person would give if he were lying and doesn't know much about biology.
Yes, it was obvious he was lying. Before he answered, he paused like a guilty person would and looked like he was considering coming clean. Then he launched into his non-sensical story.

"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made, information shared. I am keenly aware of all the details behind failsafe delivery systems to kill every living person on this planet. I believe with a little tweaking on the terminals in D.C., we can flip the script. Take out every last dead one of 'em. Fire with fire."

Interdepartmental drinks were had and relationships were made...ROFL.

After he finished his story, Sasha had this look on her face like "And you guys still believe this clown?"

Also, I'm not sure how taking "out every last dead one of 'em" could be considered a cure. Dealing with the walkers is only half the battle.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
I would imagine that Eugene's explanation won't pass the smell test with Rick, Glenn and Carol since they've all heard a detailed, scientific explanation from Jenner. If someone from the CDC could not cure it, what are the chances some random dude with a mullet can?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:39 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I would imagine that Eugene's explanation won't pass the smell test with Rick, Glenn and Carol since they've all heard a detailed, scientific explanation from Jenner. If someone from the CDC could not cure it, what are the chances some random dude with a mullet can?
And I wonder, does Abraham REALLY buy it? Or is it that he needs a mission, something to do, to occupy his mind from the horrors of their world? I wonder if he's convinced himself that the mullet does have a cure so that he can make some sort of sense of his world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV