Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 02:26 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
He should have died at least four times at the hands of walkers, and has yet to. The guy has so far managed to fight his way out every time. Heck, there was even a point in time when he wanted to die, just didn't care anymore. My guess is that before the zombie apocalypse he did something gruesome that he regrets. Perhaps he was in Afghanistan or Iraq? Say what you want about his survival skills but the guy obviously knows how to handle himself. To add, he seems to have a problem with killing zombies. My guess is that it is not because he is weak, or too kind-hearted, but because of what-ever he did before all of this.

Speaking of Carol...she's gonna get it next. In terms of story arc and character development it is her time to go. She began as a secondary character, the abused wife, lost her child and then become a true survivor at all costs. When Rick found out she killed Tyrese's GF, and banned her from the group, she was then gone for half of Season 4. She came back in the Season 5 five premier and not only redeemed herself but also encouraged Tyrese to become more like her.

On the last episode of The Talking Dead, the producer and writer did say that next Sunday's episode is when they all spend some time catching up with each other. My guess is that Tyrese will find out that Carol killed his GF, and then kill her. The arc comes to a close, Tyrese becomes Carol, full circle.
I guess you haven't been watching? Tyreese already knows about Carol killing Karen & David, she full on admitted it to him while they were sitting at that kitchen table in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 03:12 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Tyrese already knows what Carol did from their time at the Cabin prior to Lizzie's death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That conversation was already had between Carol and Tyrese the end of season 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I guess you haven't been watching? Tyreese already knows about Carol killing Karen & David, she full on admitted it to him while they were sitting at that kitchen table in the house.
I stand corrected

@thefragile;

Yes, I have watched every single episode since the show first aired; most at least twice. Sometimes you forget things, no Considering that the Season 4 finale was 7 months ago and Season 4 only recently came to Netflix...I rewatched most of them.

I still think that Carol was the impetus that awakened what-ever is/was lying dormant in Tyrese, and that he has a lot of pent-up emotion that is about to be released...on Carol.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:13 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
snip...
Well, you saw what he did to the walkers outside, right? My guess is that he seriously bludgeoned the dude to death with his hands. Perhaps it was a little too gruesome to even show on TWD? I mean, if you saw what the zombies looked like when they were outside...it's called a metaphor.
I did see what he did to the walkers. I was responding to people who are saying that the guy is still alive. I'm pretty sure my point was that Tyrese, in fact, DID kill that dude and did anyone else catch the eye thing...I'm pretty sure you don't need to explain to me what a metaphor is especially since you're agreeing with me.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:28 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I did see what he did to the walkers. I was responding to people who are saying that the guy is still alive. I'm pretty sure my point was that Tyrese, in fact, DID kill that dude and did anyone else catch the eye thing...I'm pretty sure you don't need to explain to me what a metaphor is especially since you're agreeing with me.
Yeah, it makes sense now When I first read it I thought you were questioning whether he did or not.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:30 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Would hate to see Glen go...

Yeah, I can see that...

If they truely wanted to be dark, they would off Maggie. That would one up the darkest episode of last season when Carol offed Lizzie. I would definitely hate to see Maggie go though.
I will protect beloved Maggie with my life.........En Garde.....

Old 10-14-2014, 03:39 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
A lot of TV issues; change of clothes, shave or groom beards (mine would be down to my chest), hair cuts, odor from lack of bathing, etc. We look past it.
Carl seems to get alot of this.. Notice his hair gets all shaggy.. He wore the 'atomic bearclaw' shirt for about 3 seasons and it just kept getting nastier and nastier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That looks like the circled X to me. It's on the right side of his forehead.
No.. That is a Sun Cross symbol. Sun cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I assume that on people like that.. The Sun Cross often represents Earth, and Earth was the center of the universe, so maybe it shows they think everything revolves around them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
In the comics Tyreese is a former NFL player and steps in as Rick's right hand man after Shane is killed. Tyreese's weapon of choice for zombie killing is a hammer. The Tyreese in the comics has a teenaged daughter with a boyfriend. I don't want to give away too much in case some of you plan to read the comics.
I thought that's what they were going to reveal Sunday when Tyreese was talking to the guy in the cabin.. The guy said something like "You know, I watched football every Sunday..."

Old 10-14-2014, 03:59 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Okay but that's still a time waster, and potentially dangerous. You can not deny the fact that it would be easier to just move away in the opposite direction and put distance between them.
I don't call anything that's potentially life-saving, time-wasting. There's also the possibility that some of the Termites survive, regroup, and then continue eating people. They were a threat to everyone, not just Rick's group. It was dumb not to finish them off. And most viewers during the Talking Dead agreed that they should have finished them off.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If they truely wanted to be dark, they would off Maggie. That would one up the darkest episode of last season when Carol offed Lizzie. I would definitely hate to see Maggie go though.
They won't kill Maggie. Did you see the shirt she was wearing in the container? Where do they sell those at in the Zombie Apocalypse?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
They won't kill Maggie. Did you see the shirt she was wearing in the container? Where do they sell those at in the Zombie Apocalypse?

Probably at the Halloween Lingerie Costume Store,, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hill's.....

Old 10-14-2014, 04:57 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I just caught the season premiere episode.

Was pretty intense stuff, That scene in the beginning them all lined up at the trough, that was just brutal. I also think that the sort of pushed the line a bit too much, I was pretty damn disturbed seeing that.

They really upped the gore factor too.

The other scene where I forget the guys name but he's the guy with the baby, and how he screaming he's not gonna do it as he brutally beatin that dude down.

That was disturbing to watch the humanity leaving that guys face.

The reunion with carol was intense, the way Daryl ran over to and hugged her like he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV