Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Carol has had a mind meld with Bran Stark. She sees everything now.

Carol should be riddled with bullet holes. You don't have to attend West Point to understand the concept of flanking.

Bajan stop being such a Party Pooper...you must be extremely bored if you feel the need to be on here constantly complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
"so again, why do you keep watching it??"
personally don't have time to waste watching a television show that I think is getting dumber and dumber and then come on to the internet to complain about it...... but maybe that's just me.....
Bad acting, bad writing, bad plot development, etc. It goes on and on.
Response:

Quote:
Bad acting, bad writing, bad plot development, etc. It goes on and on.
This didn't answer the question that was posed. Why continue to watch a television show if you dislike it so much? And why participate in a thread where people do like the show, only to continue to bash it?

imo, if you don't like the show, let it go. Allow others to enjoy it and find something more to your suitability, rather than try to rile others with negative responses.

Personally, I've followed "The Walking Dead" from day 1, as have so many others. Yes, I see problems with some aspects of the show - sometimes the storylines and/or writing can be less than stellar. However, I still prefer to watch this show over many others because - to me - the rapport amongst the characters and the actors portraying them is great. And while there will be some storyline arcs that I might not care for, overall it's still a show that keeps me absolutely entertained. I did not care for the spinoff "Fear the Walking Dead" (had high hopes for it, but - again, for me - it failed) but I won't go into a thread about the show and continually say how horrible I think it is. I posted my initial opinion about it when I found that the show (for me) was not very good, but there are many others who do enjoy the show, and respecting their opinions should be foremost. So I simply don't participate in those threads any more. If one cannot respect another's opinions, then one should seriously reflect on why the need to insist upon upsetting others is so important to them.

As for the topic, I did enjoy last night's episode. Jerry was...JERRY!!! And my favourite character, no-holds-barred Carol, has begun to re-emerge. That in itself will keep me watching. I found the scene with Shiva's death very upsetting (yes, a cgi tiger) and Ezekiel's reaction heartbreaking. So far, this season is - for me - well worth watching.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:54 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Good Episode last Night!
My heart broke for King Ezekiel twice last night. Once for him watching Shiva die and the other for when he showed up back at kingdom with nobody left, limping, bleeding and beaten
Although i would like to know how Carol got the key to the gate

Old 11-13-2017, 10:09 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I know that made me very sad! I was so hoping for Negan to be a nice snack for her.

OK, so when the bad guys left with all the guns and ammo, Carol said "they aren't going to the saviors." So where were they headed?

I love that Carol is Rambo again! Someone needs to be. She really uses being weak and helpless to her advantage! If that was Michonne behind that car they probably would have shot her. Michonne looks menacing, Carol reminds them of their mother or sweet Aunt. No way could she be threat.

I like King Ezekiel...I like that he doesn't believe his own crap unless it's necessary to rally everyone. I love that he does cares so much. I knew though when he said "not one of us will die (or whatever word he used)" that it wasn't going to end happy. Dammit WTD, give us a tad of HAPPY!

With that said, thank GOD Jerry is OK! Just love that guy and his awesome AXE.

I do wish that they would just stop with the flashbacks, flash-forwards, all flashes and just do the storyline. No need to get fancy!!!!
Carol heard Daryl's motorcycle passing by.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:13 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
Carol heard Daryl's motorcycle passing by.

Ah, I guess I missed that part.

TY!!!

Old 11-13-2017, 10:35 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
This didn't answer the question that was posed. Why continue to watch a television show if you dislike it so much? And why participate in a thread where people do like the show, only to continue to bash it?
The writing got even worse this episode. Rick's jeeps takes multiple shots from a 50 caliber and keeps running. Carol hides in a ceiling within 4.5 seconds and takes out 4-5 guys without even being able to see them. 15-20 walkers eat a Tiger?

Terrible.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:47 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
All I see in this thread is a bunch of people complaining because other people are complaining. Come on, guys. If people are frustrated with the show, they have a right to voice their opinion just like those of us who still enjoy it. Anyway....I am so mad about what happened to Shiva. That was my favorite character and they ruined it! Ezekiel looked so pitiful and defeated. Maybe he will stop making speeches now. LOL It looks like we will finally get to see Negan and Gabriel next week. Hopefully they work together to get out of the trailer but Negan is mad because Gabriel told him that Maggie had died so, it's not looking too positive.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:59 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Anyway....I am so mad about what happened to Shiva. That was my favorite character and they ruined it!
How can 15-20 walkers kill a 500 lb tiger? You could clone The Mountain from GoT 20 times and not even they could defeat a fully grown tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVyigeJw8U

I guess next we'll see 10 walkers take down the bear from the Revenant.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:16 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
Quote:
The writing got even worse this episode. Rick's jeeps takes multiple shots from a 50 caliber and keeps running. Carol hides in a ceiling within 4.5 seconds and takes out 4-5 guys without even being able to see them. 15-20 walkers eat a Tiger?

Terrible.
And again, why are you still watching?

Ah yes...to prove your point that you, and only you, are right.

This is my last, and only, response to your post.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,803 times
I'm going to pretend that the tiger was weak from having been shot by the Saviors, but she had just enough strength to fight off some walkers to save Ezekiel.

Quote:
All I see in this thread is a bunch of people complaining because other people are complaining. Come on, guys. If people are frustrated with the show, they have a right to voice their opinion just like those of us who still enjoy it.
Exactly. If you don't want to see posts of anyone complaining, put the person/people on "ignore" or "mute" or whatever it's called here. I actually like reading people's opinions, even those who criticize.

I thought it was so ridiculous/hilarious when Rick jumped into the Humvee. The driver was swerving for a few minutes before that, and all of a sudden he lets Rick just drive alongside him? He was even kind enough to maintain the same speed as Rick, making it easier for Rick to hop in. What timing! Rick's awesome. I know, I know, that is what I choose to complain about, in a world with zombies? And people following the Apocalypse Fonz? haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV