Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,730,327 times

Advertisements

Good episode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:51 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I meant the rumors of Daryl being the gay character before Aaron and Erik showed up.
I know. I was being purposely obtuse. "Recruiting" is not how being gay works. Either he is or he isn't. Besides, Aaron is in love with Eric.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:53 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,795,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I know. I was being purposely obtuse. "Recruiting" is not how being gay works. Either he is or he isn't. Besides, Aaron is in love with Eric.
Okay, but then why the lesson in how being gay "works?"

I guess I should now just say I was kidding.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:43 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,473,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I thought the same thing. Especially when Deanne said her husband was a brilliant architect. I'm not even a semi-decent architect, and I took one look at the wall and said, "He was an idiot." Not only are the braces on the wrong side, but they are great ladders for any non-zombie invader who wants to get inside the community.

This show, in essence, is about the collapse of civilized society. Civilization has collapsed and is beginning to rebuild itself. As nice 21st century Americans, we're often struck by the brutality shown, but this is exactly what human society was like for most of our existence. The origin of kings was not just a good publicist and coiffed hair-do. People gathered around the strong who could protect them, and the strong enforced their will on their subjects. Rick isn't necessarily becoming a bad guy. He's becoming a warlord. A king.
This was my thought and still is my hope for the direction their taking his character, not everyone that goes through trauma of sorts ends up like a Gov or other such tyrants.

I also wonder if Jesse is the one that needs to be watched and maybe the hubby isn't really the bad one.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:47 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,916,539 times
was anyone else totally cracking up at "porchd*ck" last night?

Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,902,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I think that we as viewers are supposed to feel suspicious, even paranoid, about Alexandria. That way, we will justify some of Rick's and Carol's behavior and caution in our own heads. But I think it'll turn out that the Alexandrians really are decent people (though naïve) and our group are becoming the monsters. The suspicious stuff about Alexandria is put in there to help us see it through Rick & company's eyes. If you've been fighting for survival against group after group of people who want to kill you, this group of "normal" people will look very suspicious.

Remember the theme that kept coming up in their dialogue last season: "You can't come back from this." "You don't come back from that." I think we're now seeing how the group that we're attached to (some of them anyway) are maybe too far gone to "come back" from it all.
I agree. OMG, Carol totally freaked me out with that "you have to promise not to tell" bit with the boy. Our group definitely has become the monsters. Who is going to snap first?

I don't really think the residents are inherently bad or have a hidden agenda, but on the other hand, there is something to that branding/stamping that disturbs me. I know we will see that come up again.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
was anyone else totally cracking up at "porchd*ck" last night?
That was a good description of what Jesse's husband was. I could picture Carol's hubby Ed being a porchd*ck pre-ZA.

Was Daryl a porchd*ck for gutting the possum on Rick's porch? Maybe a little bit.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 AM

734 posts, read 1,083,156 times
Rick is starting to creep me out. He is starting to act like a combination of the governor and Shane.

Jessie needs to fall back off of Rick's d!ck. Every time he turns around, she is there. She is a married woman. She needs to act like it.

Michonne looks funny in her cop uniform. LOL. It would be funny if someone comes in and takes her sword off the wall.

Carol was creepy as hell, scaring that kid like that. I bet that kid won't tell, though. LOL

Is Sasha losing her mind or is she just PMS'ing? She had a b.itch fit. All the woman wanted to know is what did she like to eat.

Speaking of pms'ing, I haven't seen any of the ladies look for tampons or pads or. I guess in the apocalypse, all periods stop. LMAO.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,916,539 times
I think Sasha has full-fledged PTSD. She's still in complete shock about these people and how they are living, and (justifiably) flew off the handle when the other woman was all concerned about making a special meal. "B*tch we ate dogs! People tried to eat us! And you're concerned about a stupid dinner party!"

Old 03-09-2015, 12:01 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,564,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Rick is starting to creep me out. He is starting to act like a combination of the governor and Shane.

Jessie needs to fall back off of Rick's d!ck. Every time he turns around, she is there. She is a married woman. She needs to act like it.

Michonne looks funny in her cop uniform. LOL. It would be funny if someone comes in and takes her sword off the wall.

Carol was creepy as hell, scaring that kid like that. I bet that kid won't tell, though. LOL

Is Sasha losing her mind or is she just PMS'ing? She had a b.itch fit. All the woman wanted to know is what did she like to eat.

Speaking of pms'ing, I haven't seen any of the ladies look for tampons or pads or. I guess in the apocalypse, all periods stop. LMAO.
I hope the writers aren't trying to change Rick's character randomly and out of the blue like some tv writers do.

It's the apocalypse, I'd jump on a hot guy if he showed up. Just sayin'.

Actually, it would be disturbing (and intriguing) if Michonne walked in and found her katana gone.

Carol HAD to come up with something to really scare that kid; if he told, her cover would be blown and the whole entire plan would be blown out of the water and it would not be pretty!

Sasha is experiencing PTSD. She has been through a lot lately.

We haven't seen them look for TP either, doesn't mean they're not pooping on the regular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV