Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 09:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,748,747 times

Advertisements

Carol took the chocolate because nobody tells Carol she can't have chocolate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 09:57 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,361,921 times
Poor Sasha! She looked crazed. Girl is hanging by a thread. Maybe Spencer will set her off (I can only hope).

Carol! I love her stealth, her wanting to be invisible. So cool as a cucumber. Nobody messes with the cookie maker!

Rick finally finds someone he can see as a potential mate and not as a sister/family member. He's learned to take first and ask questions later, but that might not play so well in this scenario.

Michonne seems to have doubts. She's trying to buy in to the deal but her Spidey-sense is on fire.

Darryl - well, surprisingly he seems to be the most sane and level-headed of the group, probably because he's stayed away from joining in. Though I don't understand why he would want to become a recruiter for a group that he himself won't join.

I'm really hoping they're going in the direction of having Rick & Co. be the "bad" guys here. That would be different and interesting.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:05 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,552,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylilyDee View Post
Poor Sasha! She looked crazed. Girl is hanging by a thread. Maybe Spencer will set her off (I can only hope).

Carol! I love her stealth, her wanting to be invisible. So cool as a cucumber. Nobody messes with the cookie maker!

Rick finally finds someone he can see as a potential mate and not as a sister/family member. He's learned to take first and ask questions later, but that might not play so well in this scenario.

Michonne seems to have doubts. She's trying to buy in to the deal but her Spidey-sense is on fire.

Darryl - well, surprisingly he seems to be the most sane and level-headed of the group, probably because he's stayed away from joining in. Though I don't understand why he would want to become a recruiter for a group that he himself won't join.

I'm really hoping they're going in the direction of having Rick & Co. be the "bad" guys here. That would be different and interesting.
Actually the more I think about it - Sasha and Rick are rooted in reality - it's the Alexandrians (can I coin a new term?) who are crazy/delusional. Sasha's reaction was spot on - you're *worried* about making my favorite meal? That's *all* you worry about? How about gangs who rape kids, cannibals, raiders, and not to mention the dead-alive roaming on the other side of a thin aluminum wall. Sasha is the one of the more level headed people there.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:36 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,403,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Carol should not have taken an extra piece of chocolate. I'll bet they have an inventory system, and they'll notice they're short one chocolate bar. This will raise a serious red flag.
Yep, I'm sure that there will be a reckoning for the chocolate. And I'd expect some very severe corporal punishment for theft, esp theft of food in their new society. You can't not have that as a basic rule if you are going to have any sort of communal living work on any level...

Old 03-10-2015, 11:50 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,995,337 times
Following up from yesterday's post. I did watch the first episode of season one. It was ok, but didn't blow me away. I'll continue watching as it's obvious this show has a strong cult following so there must be something to it.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times
Quote:
DaylilyDee Poor Sasha! She looked crazed. Girl is hanging by a thread. Maybe Spencer will set her off (I can only hope).
yes, I thought the same thing....poor girl....I believe maybe the taste of normalcy has really confused her...not to mention, it hasn't been that long that she lost two people she really cared about. Did you see her thoughts, before she went off on them? So sad....

Quote:
yanno my friend and I opt talk about how far she has come....from being married to a wife beater....wow....

Quote:
Rick is scaring me....I don't know what to think about his behavior, as it isn't right, and now they've put a uniform on him which gives him entitlement to do what he wants...but for him to kiss a married woman....Wow, I was shocked.

Quote:
yes, but they are healthy doubts...as it should be don't you think?

Quote:
yes, but when they showed him the motor cycle, he started to come around, and how is it, they knew he loved motor cycles, almost like they are bribing him to trust them.....? I'm not sold at all on this community....

Quote:
never thought of that, but for me, it would be disappointing, and heartbreaking....after you have invested in the characters for so long, only to have them turn....but, yes, that would certainly be an eye opener.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:46 PM

672 posts, read 790,971 times
I don't think that our group of intrepid survivors turn into the bad guys, I think that this is a sort of study into the ways that their realities have changed. They've survived on the road, at the CDC, more road, the farm, more road, Woodbury, the prison, the road, Terminus, more road. They've lost loved ones along the way, family members, friends, they've seen friends and family turn, they've been lured into a false sense of security before, and at this point, Rick, Carol and Daryl aren't letting their guards down. They're playing along at this point, but they aren't going to be anyone's patsies, either. Just like Woodbury, I get the sense that there is something more sinister about Alexandria bubbling below the surface.

However, I do think that Rick's reality has changed, and that he will do what it takes to survive, and strike first this time, not wait for a shot across his bow that takes out several members. The flirtation thing is a twist.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:53 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,928,720 times
I agree. Our group won't become "bad guys" in the sense that the Terminus people, the Governor & his henchmen, and the "claimed" gang are bad guys. Our guys will not start eating people or raping women and children, and they will still be the ones to save babies, wimpy ministers and useless nerds.

What I meant in my earlier post is that they will start to do "bad" things--things that would be "bad" to normal people and to the Alexandrians--but which are understandable knowing what they've been through. They have just become intensely pragmatic, valuing "survival at almost all costs," and that "almost" might slide a little on a continuum.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:17 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,355,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Yep, I'm sure that there will be a reckoning for the chocolate. And I'd expect some very severe corporal punishment for theft, esp theft of food in their new society. You can't not have that as a basic rule if you are going to have any sort of communal living work on any level...

I actually figured that the chocolate would be the reason Carol gave for being where she was at the time. She had the chocolate....."I needed more chocolate to make more cookies."

I sure didn't expect to hear that monologue from her. It reminded me of a scene out of The Godfather only it was scarier. Yikes!

Old 03-10-2015, 01:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,478,848 times
As far as the chocolate, Carole was told that had to be rationed in small amts; it's absence will probably be noted by that girl in charge of meting out supplies. When the woman first gave it to her and said Carole could only have the one piece, Carole said, she'd have to make it work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV