Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,178,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The new walking dead spinoff will be called Fear the Walking Dead. Read that it will premier THIS SUMMER!!!!

Hate the name, but excited about the idea. With that name, they may as well have just called it TWD2
Wow! If that is the best name they can come up with, I am seriously worried about that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 10:04 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,283,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
If only there were some unused vehicles somewhere that Morgan could use...

If only there was plenty of gasoline to be had in abandoned gas stations and abandoned vehicles to power whatever vehicle Morgan might appropriate...

If only there were generators to recharge dead batteries so Morgan could start said vehicle...

Oh, wait - there's all of those things in massive abundance, because 99.9% of the populace is dead, and there stuff is lying around everywhere for the taking ! And Morgan has a map to NoVA with "RICK GRIMES" written on it!

Are you even watching this series?
Spaten never seems to know what's going on.

I don't think I'm going to be interested in the spinoff (and the titles you guys came up with are worse than Fear the Walking Dead. Walking Dead:LA?? It's not a CSI spinoff )

I don't care how people in LA have fared. I would rather see different parts of the country or world.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:06 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,969,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Wow! If that is the best name they can come up with, I am seriously worried about that show.
well, I think they need to have "The Walking Dead" in the title just to attract low information viewers who may not know about the show.

And, Walking Dead: Los Angeles sounds too derivative of CSI or NCIS or whatever that show is that has multiple locations.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:36 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
And, Walking Dead: Los Angeles sounds too derivative of CSI or NCIS or whatever that show is that has multiple locations.
IDK... How about "Surfer Dude Dead" for Los Angeles and " Cajun Swamp Dead" for NOLA ?

Now that JR is dead, "Dead in Dallas" works. Bring back JR as the meanest of all Walkers.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:49 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,360,033 times
I offered "TWD: LA" only because "Fear the Walking Dead" is so bad. I know it's a take-off on the CSI show names, and it's not ideal, but at least it's self-explanatory. And I agree that "Walking Dead" should be in the title to connect it with the original show.

Anyway, I hope the writing is as least as good or better, and character development also, but also that they explore different directions and storylines than the original show, *and* that the lead character is not a duplicate Rick Grimes gunslinger (there's room for only one of those on TV).

Old 03-29-2015, 02:51 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,567,120 times
Marathon is on right now!
Watching the part where Beth died. This episode is so powerful and so emotional. I breakdown every time I rewatch it

Old 03-29-2015, 04:04 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,283,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Marathon is on right now!
Watching the part where Beth died. This episode is so powerful and so emotional. I breakdown every time I rewatch it
I'm watching too.

Olivia (the one who keeps track of inventory) is annoying. I didn't notice that before but she reminds me of a crazy cat lady. I guess she surviving the outbreak because cats don't get the virus?

I feel like that was mean to say, but oh well. She needs to shut up about her pickles.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:19 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,255,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I thought that was just the title of the pilot episode and not the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylilyDee View Post
Anyway, I hope the writing is as least as good or better, and character development also, but also that they explore different directions and storylines than the original show, *and* that the lead character is not a duplicate Rick Grimes gunslinger (there's room for only one of those on TV).
I think it will be a challenge but at least it is being created and produced by Robert Kirkman, so it should be decent in the least. I for one would find it refreshing to have a live-action series that will be mostly original.

Two days ago I read that one of the characters from Fear TWD will also be a new, but major, character introduced in the 6th Season of TWD.

My opinion, if Fear TWD is to become a summer/and/or/spring show, is that it would provide a nice juxtaposition to TWD and give fans a little something in the meantime. I mean, after tonight we have to wait all the way until February 2016 for the next Season of TWD, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Because he saved Rick in the very first episode, but went through a tragic situation with losing his wife, and then not being able to kill his undead wife... and, then losing his son to his undead wife.

And, just because it's a few years ago doesn't mean nobody cares. In the very first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, the Enterprise encounters The Borg...yet, the Borg didn't make another appearance again until the very last episode of Season 3, or episode 74 overall. And, people really cared when The Borg returned, despite it being more episodes than since we've last seen Morgan. And now the Borg are considered one of the ultimate villains in Star Trek lore with the original Klingons and Romulans.
As someone who held TV parties for TNG back when it was originally aired, The Borg were a very big deal. Why? Because they were cool as heck and you only got to see them every once in a long while. So when they did make an appearance it was a heck yeah! moment. When we got to see Whacko Morgan, he was obviously a well-supplied one-man Army with knowledge of boobie traps and such...which made him kind of cool. Then we are introduced with the new mysterious Morgan this Season like he is some sort of Jedi ninja wondering the woods like a sage, which only adds to his coolness. Next thing you know we will find out that he was the one who trained Michone the ways of the sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I thought Hardwick said there would be four guests next week, Carol, Daryl, one of the producers and a special secret guest. So I think Carol and Daryl are safe.
Carol and Daryl will survive until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Right, the "special surprise guest" is usually someone who got killed.
Unless it is Alice Cooper, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Actually, it's a map to DC. He might drive right past Alexandria into a different group.
As an aside, a part of NoVa is within the DMV and Alexandria is most definitely a part of NoVa and within with DMV. (DMV is the District and the parts of Maryland and Virginia that are within the Beltway, officially). Whatever the case, pretty much the entirety of NoVa is considered a suburb of DC by many (most?).

Old 03-29-2015, 06:34 PM

302 posts, read 369,132 times
AAHA !!!

I predict it's Morgan putting that 'W' on zombies heads !!!

He's doing it to let Rick know he's around...... he carved "M' cause he was dangling from a tree limb , roof / or something when he did it and appears to be a ' W '

Also, nxt dead will prob be the baby or Carl or sniff ------

Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I thought the same, but consider, if your going to carve up a zombie, you better kill someone, and then carve their heads before they come to as a zombie, which leads me to believe it isn't Morgan? But the W people?

Oh....I'm so confused....

Old 03-29-2015, 06:56 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,567,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmj nyc View Post
AAHA !!!

I predict it's Morgan putting that 'W' on zombies heads !!!

He's doing it to let Rick know he's around...... he carved "M' cause he was dangling from a tree limb , roof / or something when he did it and appears to be a ' W '

Also, nxt dead will prob be the baby or Carl or sniff ------

Glen
LOL ah Noooo!
A Dance group called, "the wolves" are going to show up and challenge ricks crew to a dance off.
Just as rick and his crew are about to get served, Morgan jumps in out of nowhere and helps win the dance battle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV