Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 08:15 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This show is really starting to tick me off.... It's obvious that next week is going to be all about Daryl and Negan and his crew, meaning we'll be forced to suffer yet another week not knowing what's going on with Rick, Maggie, and the rest of the crew back at Alexandria.....

What other show, in the HISTORY of television, has such a profound, iconic, momentous episode, and then doesn't put their leading man back on the screen for another 3 WEEKS!?!?!?

I mean, can you imagine if in Breaking Bad, after Walt takes his car and mows down the drug dealers who are about to kill Jesse, which officially marked the turning point of Walt and Gus's relationship, they just.... did something else for the next two episodes and didn't immediately deal with the aftermath? Or if on Friends, after Ross said Rachel's name while standing at the alter with Emily, they just did a whole episode on what Phoebe was doing back in New York?

This format began back in season 4 when they started introducing too many characters with too many storylines going in too many different directions. If I weren't so invested in this show, I'd quit watching. We get 16 episodes a year, yet the increasingly poor writers want to move at soap opera speeds.
I don't see what the problem is. This episode was a welcome relief from last week's horror. Last season's episode that focused on Morgan was one of my favorite episodes of the series, yet everyone was complaining "What about Glenn????" I don't mind 2-3 week lapses in between getting back to where our main group is. I mean, what are you worried about exactly? Seeing the trailers, we know that they go back to Alexandria so I'm not really concerned about them too much at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 08:17 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
What this mainly showed me was how much I dislike Rick and how tired I've grown of his character - and the other group in general. It was good not to have them around.
And here I thought I was the only one. This thread is a full on Rick love fest lol.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:59 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
noodlecat I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially after last week's non-stop torture-fest. Carol was fantastic, as usual I thought the tiger was well done and I was okay with the idea of it. I figured if I could suspend disbelief about the zombies then I could suspend a little more disbelief for the tiger
Me to!

Quote:
The whole bit of Morgan teaching the kid seemed a little weird to me, like a time-filler, but maybe the writers are going to go somewhere with that.
I'm thinking it was a ploy on the king's part, for him to get Morgan to teach someone else his skills...I believe it's going to grow popular? Just saying?

Quote:
The part I loved the best, though, was the King sitting down and getting real with Carol. He dropped the act and the Shakespearean language and we got to hear his backstory. The fact that he was a zoo-keeper and had a prior friendship with Shiva helped with the believability, and he did acknowledge that she eats quite a bit so maybe that will be addressed more fully later. I think he's the real deal and will prove to be a valuable ally when Rick's group is ready to make their move against Negan.
I agree, while still a bit skeptical, though, I'd like to believe he's a really caring person with a positive goal for man's survival. sort of like an advanced Hershel?

I also loved the part where Carol first met him and she played with him a bit...and fascinating how he recognized it.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:50 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Me to!

I'm thinking it was a ploy on the king's part, for him to get Morgan to teach someone else his skills...I believe it's going to grow popular? Just saying?

I agree, while still a bit skeptical, though, I'd like to believe he's a really caring person with a positive goal for man's survival. sort of like an advanced Hershel?

I also loved the part where Carol first met him and she played with him a bit...and fascinating how he recognized it.

He is an actor, so he knows she was faking. Also, there is no way Carol could survive so long on the outside being such a meek and clueless woman. People who are not a threat don't show up on your doorstep with multiple gunshot wounds.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:34 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
And here I thought I was the only one. This thread is a full on Rick love fest lol.
Well, we'll always have you and your daily Rick bashing

Old 11-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Well, we'll always have you and your daily Rick bashing
I loooovvvvvve Rick to pieces.....

and Glenn

and Abe

and, I forgot his name....

wait, I'll think of it, be back soon.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
I loooovvvvvve Rick to pieces.....

and Glenn

and Abe

and, I forgot his name....

wait, I'll think of it, be back soon.

Ok.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
He is an actor, so he knows she was faking. Also, there is no way Carol could survive so long on the outside being such a meek and clueless woman. People who are not a threat don't show up on your doorstep with multiple gunshot wounds.
ummmm, Kevin, I don't see Carol as a meek and clueless woman at all...lest we forget, when Rick banned her a few series ago, and she survived and showed up to save them, and she killed that leader lady, the one who was eating people...what was the name of that community.

she has been playing meek and mild for a while, b/c I think she is sick of killing...and it's confusing her....

this is not the culture she came from....and after killing people so much, sooner or later, it's got to catch up to a person? No?

I think she was also playing meek and mild in Alexandria, b/c she didn't want them to suspect that she was a bad person for killing people...and being a tough guy?

thoughts?

Old 11-01-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ok.
Daryl.....

but he's getting awfully greasy looking don't you think?

Old 11-01-2016, 01:33 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Just b/c it isn't written the way you want it to be, doesn't make it bad...geeze?

Then quit watching....Good God?

perfect example of instant gratification....Wow, chill

If you're going to have various different groups with various storylines, at least break the show up between them like every other show on television does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV