Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 01:00 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times

Advertisements

This show is really starting to tick me off.... It's obvious that next week is going to be all about Daryl and Negan and his crew, meaning we'll be forced to suffer yet another week not knowing what's going on with Rick, Maggie, and the rest of the crew back at Alexandria.....

What other show, in the HISTORY of television, has such a profound, iconic, momentous episode, and then doesn't put their leading man back on the screen for another 3 WEEKS!?!?!?

I mean, can you imagine if in Breaking Bad, after Walt takes his car and mows down the drug dealers who are about to kill Jesse, which officially marked the turning point of Walt and Gus's relationship, they just.... did something else for the next two episodes and didn't immediately deal with the aftermath? Or if on Friends, after Ross said Rachel's name while standing at the alter with Emily, they just did a whole episode on what Phoebe was doing back in New York?

This format began back in season 4 when they started introducing too many characters with too many storylines going in too many different directions. If I weren't so invested in this show, I'd quit watching. We get 16 episodes a year, yet the increasingly poor writers want to move at soap opera speeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 01:54 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,959,307 times
Here's what I want to see.

I want the three settlements to band together and wipe out Negans crew in a massive battle, and to watch Rick rip Negans heart out.

But I want to see everyone else die except the remaining original ones and Roasita for eye candy. All the kids and non combatants, everyone, even the tiger. Like 200 people, in the bloodiest bloodbath ever on tv.

No, nevermind Rick, he's a wussy, have the tiger Eat Negan. Oh, and Daryl to burn the other half of than one dudes face off. In fact, kill Rick too. Have Morgan kill him, just before he gets a spear in the back by accident.

Then have Carl be the new leader, and take a convoy of the survivors, Daryl, Maggie, Carol, to live happily ever after in Bozeman, Montana, where unicorns and buffalo roam under double rainbows. And end the series.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:46 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,956,436 times
Carol is my hero. I love her. She went from being helpless to heroine. I love how she is snaking things here and there (the knife, the clothing..). She is such a badass. Her betty crocker persona is the best. She knows how to play people and it's hilarious to watch.

Feeding the pigs walkers and then giving them to Negans group is pure genius. I love it.

Honestly I am okay with not seeing Rick for 3 weeks. He is just going to be wallowing in his stupidity anyway.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:57 AM

28,945 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Yep, for a minute there when he showed up at Carol's door with the tiger, I thought he was going to tell her to strip and be quick about it. One never knows, like the Gov, he might start with a gentle approach let you think you can leave only to yank the cord. So, for me, the I'll reserve judgment just yet on whether his full intent in that area. Nothing is ever for certain on this show. Come one come all everyone is welcome as they say at Terminus.
I'm thinking his full intent might be to create an army to defeat Negan's group?

He seems so peaceful inside, and loved the way he opened up to Carol.

When he showed up at her door, I was thinking, wow, he is very interested in her for many reasons, one, her strength....but I believe he is wrong for not telling his people about what is really going on out there.

When I saw the tiger, first thing I thought of was, he was a drug dealer in GA. It is not uncommon for drug dealers to own exotic pets like this, to keep people from coming around the house. Years ago, and you might remember the story, there were two lions, walking down the median of a very busy interstate highway...they caught them and discovered they were owned by a drug dealer and had gotten away, which is a very scary thought, b/c in real life, these animals could do a lot of damage if they got loose.

Seriously, I wish they would ban the sale of exotic pets...not good.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Carol is my hero. I love her. She went from being helpless to heroine. I love how she is snaking things here and there (the knife, the clothing..). She is such a badass. Her betty crocker persona is the best. She knows how to play people and it's hilarious to watch.

Feeding the pigs walkers and then giving them to Negans group is pure genius. I love it.

Honestly I am okay with not seeing Rick for 3 weeks. He is just going to be wallowing in his stupidity anyway.
yes, I have to wonder what is going to happen with the pigs being eaten by them? I mean, think about the rot they are eating? Wow....scary thoughts... the old saying, "you are what you eat", may certainly hold true?

I love the way they're doing this....but the way they show the community scares me, they should know what is going on, I mean, how could they not? That's another question? How did they all get there, if they don't know what is going on outside? Sort of reminds me of the U.S. right now? LOL seriously, though?

Old 11-01-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Here's what I want to see.

I want the three settlements to band together and wipe out Negans crew in a massive battle, and to watch Rick rip Negans heart out.

But I want to see everyone else die except the remaining original ones and Roasita for eye candy. All the kids and non combatants, everyone, even the tiger. Like 200 people, in the bloodiest bloodbath ever on tv.

No, nevermind Rick, he's a wussy, have the tiger Eat Negan. Oh, and Daryl to burn the other half of than one dudes face off. In fact, kill Rick too. Have Morgan kill him, just before he gets a spear in the back by accident.

Then have Carl be the new leader, and take a convoy of the survivors, Daryl, Maggie, Carol, to live happily ever after in Bozeman, Montana, where unicorns and buffalo roam under double rainbows. And end the series.
Good God, don't hold anything back.

yeah, the ending of Negan's group is most likely going to be a real blood bath. They ought to hand Negan up and feed him to the walkers....starting with the legs, a very slow death....

Old 11-01-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This show is really starting to tick me off.... It's obvious that next week is going to be all about Daryl and Negan and his crew, meaning we'll be forced to suffer yet another week not knowing what's going on with Rick, Maggie, and the rest of the crew back at Alexandria.....

What other show, in the HISTORY of television, has such a profound, iconic, momentous episode, and then doesn't put their leading man back on the screen for another 3 WEEKS!?!?!?

I mean, can you imagine if in Breaking Bad, after Walt takes his car and mows down the drug dealers who are about to kill Jesse, which officially marked the turning point of Walt and Gus's relationship, they just.... did something else for the next two episodes and didn't immediately deal with the aftermath? Or if on Friends, after Ross said Rachel's name while standing at the alter with Emily, they just did a whole episode on what Phoebe was doing back in New York?

This format began back in season 4 when they started introducing too many characters with too many storylines going in too many different directions. If I weren't so invested in this show, I'd quit watching. We get 16 episodes a year, yet the increasingly poor writers want to move at soap opera speeds.
Just b/c it isn't written the way you want it to be, doesn't make it bad...geeze?

Then quit watching....Good God?

perfect example of instant gratification....Wow, chill

Old 11-01-2016, 06:18 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,736,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

Reminds me of when Lori died at the prison and he was useless for a few episodes while hallucinating.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:51 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,358,874 times
I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially after last week's non-stop torture-fest. Carol was fantastic, as usual I thought the tiger was well done and I was okay with the idea of it. I figured if I could suspend disbelief about the zombies then I could suspend a little more disbelief for the tiger

The whole bit of Morgan teaching the kid seemed a little weird to me, like a time-filler, but maybe the writers are going to go somewhere with that.

The part I loved the best, though, was the King sitting down and getting real with Carol. He dropped the act and the Shakespearean language and we got to hear his backstory. The fact that he was a zoo-keeper and had a prior friendship with Shiva helped with the believability, and he did acknowledge that she eats quite a bit so maybe that will be addressed more fully later. I think he's the real deal and will prove to be a valuable ally when Rick's group is ready to make their move against Negan.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:10 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,415 times
I enjoyed the episode. I like the characters Morgan and Zeke so that helps. What this mainly showed me was how much I dislike Rick and how tired I've grown of his character - and the other group in general. It was good not to have them around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV