Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 07:31 AM

5,546 posts, read 7,140,962 times

Advertisements

Most boring final tribal council ever. Reed was the only one who gave a tongue lashing (in a nice Christian way).

I'm glad I started watching it at 9:00 and fast forwarded all the commercials.

I didn't like how Jeff was analyzing the last episode with the audience. It's all about Jeff Probst, not the players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 07:32 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,547,935 times
Major props to Natalie for saving a season that was sinking like the Titanic. She gave us actual game play and took chance after chance. Just crazy how this Blood vs H2O season was saved single-handedly by one who came in as an un-liked and not even respected player. Just wow. This is one who earned that check.

What a book-end, Natalie at one and her sister at the other as first one out. Besides John Rocker & Julie, there was no pair I saw as least likely to win Survivor as was those two. I'm sure I'm not alone.

By the time this wrapped up I was 100% in Natalie's camp. I completely enjoyed watching her game.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:12 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,205,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

I've only gone to the potty after the winner announced did I miss the who voted for who??? I didn't realize Jac was so mammoth in height.
i did not see who voted for who either. Did they show it? I wanted to see who Keith voted for. It was a good end to what started out as a pretty lame season.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:23 AM

17,690 posts, read 15,397,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
i did not see who voted for who either. Did they show it? I wanted to see who Keith voted for. It was a good end to what started out as a pretty lame season.

It was pretty obvious, or.. At least, it's simple to deduce who voted for who.

We know Baylor voted for Missy, and that was her only vote.

We know that Jon voted for Jaclyn and he was one of her two votes. If I recall.. The last one for Jaclyn was from Reed.. It was either Reed or Josh.. I don't recall.

Everyone else.. Voted for Nat.. Who was the most deserving.. Best played game of the final 3.. Jeremy's speech was dead on.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:03 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,255,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post

By the time this wrapped up I was 100% in Natalie's camp. I completely enjoyed watching her game.
Me too and I found myself actually kinda liking her

Old 12-18-2014, 09:28 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,246,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Agree Pip that was pretty awesome he thought that whole challenge up.

It the last challenge how did Jac come from so far behind & seemingly getting hurt on her last trip down the poll?
I was wondering that too, Jax. It seemed completely impossible for Jac to have come from SO FAR behind! You notice we didn't see much of her on camera doing the puzzle. And that fall...

Loved Reed' s speech to Missy. It just bounced of her thick skull. She said she is going to try for #4 husband? Glutton for punishment I guess. My late husband was my 3rd and it stops there! No more for me!

Thank you, Nat, for saving the season singlehandedly. Jeremy's speech was dead on.

It was Reed who gave Jac the 2nd vote. Josh must've been catching flies. Weird dude.

As always, it's been a pleasure. See you in February.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:29 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,010,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Major props to Natalie for saving a season that was sinking like the Titanic. She gave us actual game play and took chance after chance. Just crazy how this Blood vs H2O season was saved single-handedly by one who came in as an un-liked and not even respected player. Just wow. This is one who earned that check.

What a book-end, Natalie at one and her sister at the other as first one out. Besides John Rocker & Julie, there was no pair I saw as least likely to win Survivor as was those two. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I must be the only one that liked Natalie from the start. When I saw them in the first intro, I actually yelled "it's the twinnnnnniiiieeeeesssss". I loved them the first time they were on AR, although not the second at all.

She deserved the win for sure. Not only was she strategic, but she also was able to change plans on the fly. She knew when to volunteer for exile, when to keep her mouth shut, and when she "read" the feeling at tribal and told Jon to play his idol NOW, I knew she deserved the win.

I also must be the only one that actually liked this season. For once, it wasn't full of nasty, immature babies that wanted to quit every five minutes. These people knew it was a game, played hard, but best of all, they never had hard feelings when the game wasn't played in their favor. I got the feeling that these people really liked each other as people (except for Reed and Missy). Almost every one left tribal after being voted out with no hard feelings. Very refreshing.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,869,380 times
What was up with Keith in the last challenge? He was moving like he was surrounded by jello - so slow. No way Jaclyn wins that one, she was beyond far behind. I hate conspiracies but that looked off to me. Oh well, I'm fine with Nat winning as she played the best. But Keith probably deserved top 3. Missy should've been removed. It was ridiculous having her there.

The reunion show needs to be tweaked again. 'Reunion', where most of those re-unioning never talk. What's the point? Let those folks have a say or something. Thought it was funny Probst trying to justify how much they got to eat. That 2500 calorie meal was more like 9000. lol The entire Missy thing was annoying. 'I've been married a hundred times. Feel sorry for me!' Yanno, unless she had arranged marriages no one forced her to keep marrying guys. Seriously, who cares? If that's her narrative then she needs to rewrite it. Anyhoo, I hope they shelve BvsW. Really messes up good strategy.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:02 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,824,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post

Already checked out the new thread! I'm excited for this new season. Jeff said the premiere is followed by the premiere of AR. Are they changing up the day of AR again??? It went from Sunday to Friday and now to Wednesday? Where's Criminal Minds going to be? I'm so confused.....
The spring cycle of 'The Amazing Race' will premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 25, with a special 90-minute episode, 9:30-11:00 PM, ET/PT, on CBS. 'The Amazing Race' will then move to its regular time period on Friday, Feb. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

Old 12-18-2014, 11:29 AM

3,991 posts, read 5,026,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Most boring final tribal council ever. Reed was the only one who gave a tongue lashing (in a nice Christian way).

I'm glad I started watching it at 9:00 and fast forwarded all the commercials.

I didn't like how Jeff was analyzing the last episode with the audience. It's all about Jeff Probst, not the players.
Agree with everyone who LOVED Reed's speech...he was so eloquent and precise. It was a wonderful thing that I had to rewind just to soak it all in. Very disturbing that Missy was so clueless...but that was why she deserved it so much.

Also, and this is really hard to say, BUT I was so disappointed with the Jeff Probst Show aka The Reunion Show! Kind of hard to watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
What was up with Keith in the last challenge? He was moving like he was surrounded by jello - so slow. No way Jaclyn wins that one, she was beyond far behind. I hate conspiracies but that looked off to me. Oh well, I'm fine with Nat winning as she played the best. But Keith probably deserved top 3. Missy should've been removed. It was ridiculous having her there.

The reunion show needs to be tweaked again. 'Reunion', where most of those re-unioning never talk. What's the point? Let those folks have a say or something. Thought it was funny Probst trying to justify how much they got to eat. That 2500 calorie meal was more like 9000. lol The entire Missy thing was annoying. 'I've been married a hundred times. Feel sorry for me!' Yanno, unless she had arranged marriages no one forced her to keep marrying guys. Seriously, who cares? If that's her narrative then she needs to rewrite it. Anyhoo, I hope they shelve BvsW. Really messes up good strategy.

I figured Keith was going so slow because he was dog tired. He had no energy and moved slow the whole time...plus, brain function deteriorates when you're hungry and tired...that was part of Jacqueline's problem at the beginning of the challenge...she just made up time with the puzzle and was able to get enough juice to win the thing. I didn't really care for her but she absolutely deserved that win. It was pretty great to watch.

So yea...the Reunion Show. I don't like Jeff coming in to comment during the last two hours of the show...hey, save it for the reunion portion of the show. Let's see more strategizing, let's see more contestants, let's see more of everything...I don't want to watch some little girl say something stupid.

Then, when we finally get to the reunion show, let's actually speak to ALL of the contestants, even if it's a hey, how's it going! Ask the hard questions...but Jeff forgot to do that ALL season. He let what's her face QUIT with hardly a lashing...he let Missy just basically QUIT without leaving the game, he gave them extras and the rewards were all food. WTH???

The Make A Wish kid was really endearing so yea, I liked that, but the food thing and all the running around was kind of ridiculous. I'm a die hard fan of Survivor...I will always watch it and find it entertaining. I did like this season but I did have a few issues with it...but nothing like the issues I have with the reunion show. I think it's disrespectful to not at least introduce them after the winner is announced. I feel like the audience must be filled with Jeff's friends and their families and everyone wants their time to shine...so screw all the people who just spent a month out in the boonies!

Ah well, as usual, I wait for the next season and I feel a little melancholy that this one is over. I am glad that Nat won...I didn't like her at first but there is just no denying her game play. It was a pleasure to watch...wish we had a whole tribe of players. I did want Keith to win but I'm getting used to disappointment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV