Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 08:38 AM

757 posts, read 1,103,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
By now you should know better than to look up shows that have past as you are currently watching them. The simplest comments have spoilers anymore ("omg it's such a great show but I cant believe the killed the mayor" - as an example)
Yes, I've learned my lesson lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 01:36 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
There might be a Dexter spin-off. Right now Showtime is claiming that there is nothing currently planned, but, if they do make the spin-off then they will only do it if Michael C. Hall signs on for it.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:39 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Ahhhhh man!!! I saw season 1 of Dexter and it was awesome! Now i'm watching season 2, i'm 4 episodes deep and it's amazing.
I'm so mad that I know certain events that are going to happen thanks to all these spoilers (without warning) on the internet >
One spoiler had me really angry, but I don't want to know the details I should just see how that will unfold later. I still have 6 seasons and 8 episodes to go.
It's not a spoiler if the show has aired!

I'm in the same boat as you. I just finished watching Season 7, and I knew a few things that were gonna happen. But I avoided reading the season 8 thread so that I still don't know how it ends. That DVD has a ton of holds at the library, so it might be 6 months before I get to watch it.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:56 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
There might be a Dexter spin-off. Right now Showtime is claiming that there is nothing currently planned, but, if they do make the spin-off then they will only do it if Michael C. Hall signs on for it.
Yea, I heard about that. It sounds more like a continuation rather than a spin-off.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:17 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I can see the ghost of Deb replacing Harry as Dexter's exposition device.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:15 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
When Netflix first picked up Dexter, my wife and I renew our account just to watch this show. The first season was very good. I don't know how many times my wife and I burst out laughing out loud. My issue with this show is all the poor decisions Dexter has made that comes back to haunt him. Supposedly for a smart guy, he has made a lot of bone headed decisions that I think to myself...WTF? And I'm not that smart. The ending was very, very weak. It was suppose to be an emotional ending but it didn't work for us. But overall, still an enjoyable show. 8 out of 10.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:36 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
I'm sort of behind as I'm just now starting Season 8. I'll try to avoid spoilers here, but would like to throw down a couple of comments.

I'm so glad to see Maria get whacked at the end of season 7. She was a Beotch who had to go. Doakes was a prick from the get-go who bullied Dexter to the core and got what he had comin. I love Matthews snide comments to her near her end, things like, "What you ought to do is get on the ground and start kissing everything that resembles an ass." I think I'll borrow that one. That was the single best non-PC bit of art in the history of filming.

Now, I'm at this part where Dexter is hangin' with his new mommy, Vogal, and Deb is trying to get a D.U.I. I love how Quinn is involved with an interesting triangle between Angel, his sister who just bought a personality, and Deb.

Now, I think I have a solution for Dex and Deb, but I don't think it will play out like I predict. I think all they need to get their s.h. together is a healthy vegan diet. Look at what Dexter and Deb put into their bodies... well serial killers as is the case with Deb, but besides that. She needs a green smoothie, some work on the treadmill, and maybe mix in a salad or two a day, dump the pills and the beer, and Dexter could lay off the donuts and maybe mix in some quinoa, some Kale, etc. for a while, and I think their brains will clear, the fog will lift, and they will chill.

That's what I think.

Oh, and Vince, I love his comment to Debra when she comes back to Miami Metro and he says, "So if I cop a feel right now at least it won't be sexual harassment anymore... huh huh huh!"

Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm sort of behind as I'm just now starting Season 8. I'll try to avoid spoilers here, but would like to throw down a couple of comments.

I'm so glad to see Maria get whacked at the end of season 7. She was a Beotch who had to go. Doakes was a prick from the get-go who bullied Dexter to the core and got what he had comin.
Doakes is actually one of my favorite character in Dexter, I wish they kept him and Dexter's brother alive for most of the series. What a shame. Every time Doakes opens his mouth, my wife and I burst out laughing our ass off. Doakes was so freaking funny. Doakes was an ass to Dexter but I find it that those were some of scenes I LOL and made this show more enjoyable.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
The only time I liked Doakes was when he was tied up.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Doakes is actually one of my favorite character in Dexter, I wish they kept him and Dexter's brother alive for most of the series. What a shame. Every time Doakes opens his mouth, my wife and I burst out laughing our ass off. Doakes was so freaking funny. Doakes was an ass to Dexter but I find it that those were some of scenes I LOL and made this show more enjoyable.
I liked Doakes too. They should have gotten rid of Maria early and have Doakes step into her job and end up being the one Deb shot to protect Dexter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV