Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 06:50 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times

Advertisements

I agree with whoever said Aubry dropped the ball. When Tai asked if he should play his idol, she definitely should have said yes, just to get the idol out of the game.

Also, apparently they aren't going to hide another one. I'm kind of surprised with this whole super idol thing needing 2 idols.

And one final thought on idols, Tai keeps telling us how he's not going to get voted out with an idol in his pocket. It really feels like we're being set up for that to happen. Rob and Stephen talked about this on their podcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 07:04 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
If Tai is only able to play the idol and the advantage up to five, then he should play one this week and the other the following week.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
If Tai is only able to play the idol and the advantage up to five, then he should play one this week and the other the following week.
He definitely should. But will he? Also, we've seen the advantage twice before and both times the person that played it was voted out when they played it.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Eat the chicken already! Jeez. Survival 101, do not let some bozo adopt a food source. It's kind of ridiculous they've allowed it to go that far.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:49 AM

The advantage, at least this year, is not as great as some in the past. I think Tony had one where he could play an idol after the votes. Basically the super idol this year.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Eat the chicken already! Jeez. Survival 101, do not let some bozo adopt a food source. It's kind of ridiculous they've allowed it to go that far.
haha. very true.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
The advantage, at least this year, is not as great as some in the past. I think Tony had one where he could play an idol after the votes. Basically the super idol this year.
But 2 seasons ago, Dan had the same advantage, an extra vote. He was voted out at the same time he used it. Last season, Stephen had to ability to steal someone's vote, basically get an extra vote and remove someone else's vote. He got voted out when he used it. I guess I was more talking about the voting advantages, not advantages in challenges or an extra idol. Tony's super idol kind of ruined that season for me because it was impossible to vote him out and everyone was way too scared to try, for obvious reasons.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:56 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
I'm not a fan of super idols, defined by me as any idol that lets you act after the fact. The immunity idols work, mostly, as a game enhancer because they must be played before the votes are read, but once Jeff reveals the first vote, it's too late. To me, there are two things they must never do:

Let anyone do anything to save him or herself after the vote reading begins.
Let anyone back into the game once booted.

Break either or both of those, and it cracks the foundation of the game.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I'm not a fan of super idols, defined by me as any idol that lets you act after the fact. The immunity idols work, mostly, as a game enhancer because they must be played before the votes are read, but once Jeff reveals the first vote, it's too late. To me, there are two things they must never do:

Let anyone do anything to save him or herself after the vote reading begins.
Let anyone back into the game once booted.

Break either or both of those, and it cracks the foundation of the game.
I agree. The biggest, sometimes only, complaint of Pearl Islands was the Outcast twist. And nobody liked the Redemption Island idea except Probst.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:51 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times
The Super Idol required at least two people to cooperate and work together--and to trust each other. Scot and Jason counted on this happening and got cocky about it. It had a big effect on how they played the game. Of course, it didn't work out for them. There's a big weakness in this idol that wasn't true for others in past seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV