Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 10:30 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,033,571 times

Advertisements

So there are 2 pieces of of HII found, so far. There should be a 3rd, at the other tribe. The clue said ; combined with another HII to make a Super Idol, it could be used after the votes are read. If the other HII is found by a different person, could make things interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 11:01 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,234,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Yes, I'm liking "Beast Mode" Caleb much better on Survivor. He's toned his ego down quit a lot and seems to be stepping up to the physical challenges.
He seems quite likable. He like many others are not getting much camera time.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:14 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,526,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Another great episode last night! Usually seasons after all-star seasons tend to be duds but this one is off to a great start. I can only hope it stays that way.

That seemed like one of the closest challenge finished yet! The only thing I don't like about the combined reward/immunity is that we never get to see the winning teams enjoy their reward. I'm curious what the emotional items the Brawn tribe got. There has to be a story behind Jason's Care Bear. Maybe one of his kids gave it to him? Hopefully we get to see something next week about that stuff.

I like the way the idols are hidden this year. If you stumble upon that box on the tree, you have no idea what it is. If you do manage to get the key out, you still have to find the idol. The key may have included a map to where the idol is buried. I can't remember now.

I'm kind of surprised everyone just let Jason have the idol when he unlocked the box. There didn't seem to be anything to indicate it was his just because he got the key. Everyone should have had their hands right there to grab it when he opened the lid. The only thing Probst has said is they aren't allowed to dig up and move the box the idol is in. So they couldn't take the box and hide it to prevent Jason from finding it.

I was very impressed by Cydney last night. She had no choice but to tell Jason and Scot that Alecia found a clue because Jason saw them digging. Sure, she could have tried to get it herself without telling Jason and Scot but that would have put a HUGE target on her with Jason.

Liz and Peter fell into the Max and Shirin trap of getting too cocky and thinking they had everything worked out. Peter seemed to be worse at the way he treated the others as if he was much better than them. But the whole thing with him and Neal at TC was weird. I feel like there had to have been something we didn't see. Why did Peter seem to be attacking Neal so much? We've barely seen Neal on the show.
Remember, though, Jason complained that "Blondie was right there ready to catch it when it fell and they had to keep it away from her." He was indignant about her trying which she had every right to. Then when she did try to go after it he and Caleb reached far above her head and kept her from getting it. Then he complained about her attempts and made a comment about how being way taller than some little girl was a good thing or something of that nature.

And then he glossed over her choice in the emotional items as if she weren't as important as the others. Yep, he definitely has a thing for her and doesn't know how to deal with it other than acting like a bully in the school yard towards her. I am not either for or against Alecia but I hate it when one contestant bullies another like that and is able to influence the others. I just hope she makes it to the merge where she can be well rid of him.

Cydney's snitching to Caleb about her and Alecia's finding the idol clue made sense because she was tight with Caleb. But now that Jason has it, I wonder if he would share it with either one of them if they needed it.

The look on Peter's face when he saw he had gotten some votes at TC was priceless. When will these arrogant idiots ever learn they are not controlling the game? I think now he has a target on his back. I bet he demanded to know who dared to vote for him when they got back to camp.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,834,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Remember, though, Jason complained that "Blondie was right there ready to catch it when it fell and they had to keep it away from her." He was indignant about her trying which she had every right to. Then when she did try to go after it he and Caleb reached far above her head and kept her from getting it. Then he complained about her attempts and made a comment about how being way taller than some little girl was a good thing or something of that nature.

And then he glossed over her choice in the emotional items as if she weren't as important as the others. Yep, he definitely has a thing for her and doesn't know how to deal with it other than acting like a bully in the school yard towards her. I am not either for or against Alecia but I hate it when one contestant bullies another like that and is able to influence the others. I just hope she makes it to the merge where she can be well rid of him.

Cydney's snitching to Caleb about her and Alecia's finding the idol clue made sense because she was tight with Caleb. But now that Jason has it, I wonder if he would share it with either one of them if they needed it.

The look on Peter's face when he saw he had gotten some votes at TC was priceless. When will these arrogant idiots ever learn they are not controlling the game? I think now he has a target on his back. I bet he demanded to know who dared to vote for him when they got back to camp.
and I wonder where Jaxson is????

Old 03-03-2016, 06:26 PM

2,926 posts, read 2,004,374 times
Just finished last night's episode. Have to admit I was peeved when Alecia missed out on the idol. I understand it's 'Survivor', just something about the way it was handled. But the fact team Brawn gave it their all and avoided Tribal Council made up for it. If Alecia had the Idol she would have had to use it, as I'm sure they would have wanted to smoke it out if they ended up at TC.

Wasn't crazy about the person going home that did, would rather have seen their closest ally getting voted off.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:35 PM

1,297 posts, read 1,189,437 times
I don't really care about Alecia, but as others have said it's extremely off putting how Jason and Scot are treating her. Sydney, too. Jason is the main instigator, but the other two seem to think it's OK to just stand by and let it happen. Ugh, I hate bullies, and I hate when others don't tell the bully to cut it out. The others just seem glad to have a scapegoat to be an easy target for tribal. I get that that's how some (maybe many) people would just play the game and not think twice about it, but I doubt that I could.

I'm sure a lot of players that don't like seeing the bullying behavior of others justify keeping quiet about it for their own safety, but it still irks me. I wouldn't last long on Survivor because I'm not willing to sacrifice my principles because "it's just a game." There's a lot of truth in the observation that how someone plays a game says a lot about their character in real life. Oh well.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:21 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,291,462 times
Alecia never should have shared the clue with Cydney or told her she found it to begin with. The way I saw it, Cydney didn't see her find the clue, Alecia pointed it out to Cydney when she found it.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,234,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
I don't really care about Alecia, but as others have said it's extremely off putting how Jason and Scot are treating her. Sydney, too. Jason is the main instigator, but the other two seem to think it's OK to just stand by and let it happen. Ugh, I hate bullies, and I hate when others don't tell the bully to cut it out. The others just seem glad to have a scapegoat to be an easy target for tribal. I get that that's how some (maybe many) people would just play the game and not think twice about it, but I doubt that I could.

I'm sure a lot of players that don't like seeing the bullying behavior of others justify keeping quiet about it for their own safety, but it still irks me. I wouldn't last long on Survivor because I'm not willing to sacrifice my principles because "it's just a game." There's a lot of truth in the observation that how someone plays a game says a lot about their character in real life. Oh well.
Part of the game is to "out last" . It may not be nice but playing for big bucks kinda changes the rules for many nice folks.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:01 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,872,226 times
It's like a schoolyard. One person is picked to be bullied and out of self-preservation all the kids go along with it; better them than me. It's sad but seems part of human nature. One would hope adults would be past this but think about group settings, you see this same attitude a lot especially when people are stuck together in close settings.

Anyhoo, the new idol is interesting. Goes back to the first idol which was good to use after the vote, a very big advantage. I think I prefer that to before the vote. Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:22 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,526,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
It's like a schoolyard. One person is picked to be bullied and out of self-preservation all the kids go along with it; better them than me. It's sad but seems part of human nature. One would hope adults would be past this but think about group settings, you see this same attitude a lot especially when people are stuck together in close settings.

Anyhoo, the new idol is interesting. Goes back to the first idol which was good to use after the vote, a very big advantage. I think I prefer that to before the vote. Guess we'll see how it plays out.
I wonder how they will feel about this when all is done and they watch the show. Not so much about their treatment of Alecia, they probably won't give a fig about that, but how will they feel they about being so manipulated by one person?

I can't wait to see how Jason uses that idol. I would be surprised to see him share although the others seem to think he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV