Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 11:23 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Im not sure he is turning mortal. So far we have only seen that Chloe can hurt him. Coincidentally she is also the only one immune to his "charms". I am sure that is where the story is heading.
I could have spared everyone my post.

That's interesting, Decker as the only one that nullifies his powers... hmmm.

Anyway, I'll just sit back and see where the series goes. So until someone makes me a network exec I'm not going to worry about the future of the program. If if falls apart, it falls apart but until then it's on my must watch list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 11:33 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Quote:
Im not sure he is turning mortal. So far we have only seen that Chloe can hurt him. Coincidentally she is also the only one immune to his "charms". I am sure that is where the story is heading.
Then why would he need to be saved from the gang in the last episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well if it becomes story about a semi-demonic Castle, I'm out, but I have more faith in Tom Kapinos, who crafted Californication through seven seasons. As for becoming weaker, being able to feeling pain, not sure how that actually effects his "mortality". As for powers his ability to morph into his demonic self didn't seem to be all that diminished during the last episode nor were his abilities to reveal the inner thoughts of mortals, and that unanswered punch he threw on the cop was pretty impressive. As for being a nice guy... I must have missed that. His lasciviousness seems hardly diminished in the least.
I couldn't stand Californication so I'm not brimming with confidence. But as far as his powers and attitude go, a few episodes ago he sent a man flying 20 feet through thick panel of glass with a light, one-handed shove but now he socks guys in the face and it doesn't even knock them out or anything. And everyone around him is telling him he's getting softer, nicer. The angel, his succubus protector and his therapist are all telling him he's getting soft.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,083,322 times
I'm going to point out that Lucifer has not once been shown as evil, in thought or deed. He may be the keeper of hell but that doesn't make him evil. I highly doubt that we will see him heinous at all, that doesn't seem to be the direction of the show (and frankly I doubt Fox would be that brave).

Old 02-23-2016, 02:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,730,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Then why would he need to be saved from the gang in the last episode?
Because at this point I dont think he knows that she is the only one that can hurt him.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:00 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,159,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Ok, Lucifer is British, God wants him to get back to the underworld he has work to do. But Lucifer prefers the club scene like any other self-indulgent trust fund baby... and what a trust fund. Between drinking single malt, provides life counseling to aspiring actresses/celebrities.

That's the first 15 minutes including commercials.

I'm In.
I love it, Lucifer Morningstar is great.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:02 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I'm going to point out that Lucifer has not once been shown as evil, in thought or deed. He may be the keeper of hell but that doesn't make him evil. I highly doubt that we will see him heinous at all, that doesn't seem to be the direction of the show (and frankly I doubt Fox would be that brave).
It looks like the writers are going with a version of Lucifer as an amoral tempter and trickster, but not so much an evil demon.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:20 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
You mean aside from driving two mean completely insane?

Quote:
Because at this point I dont think he knows that she is the only one that can hurt him.
But that doesn't even make any sense. He's invulnerable around her, but she's the one making him weak? He's bulletproof while laying on top of her, but bullets fired by her are magically different?

Old 02-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It looks like the writers are going with a version of Lucifer as an amoral tempter and trickster, but not so much an evil demon.
Well outside of his obvious his lascivious predilections, Lucifer is exceedingly moral and I've yet to see him play any tricks upon anyone other than how he evokes the inner thoughts of humans.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
You mean aside from driving two mean completely insane?
Not to get all Biblical but:

hei·nous

ˈhānəs/Submit
adjective

(of a person or wrongful act, especially a crime) utterly odious or wicked.

When did "divine" punishment become odious and wicked

Old 02-23-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I couldn't stand Californication so I'm not brimming with confidence. But as far as his powers and attitude go, a few episodes ago he sent a man flying 20 feet through thick panel of glass with a light, one-handed shove but now he socks guys in the face and it doesn't even knock them out or anything. And everyone around him is telling him he's getting softer, nicer. The angel, his succubus protector and his therapist are all telling him he's getting soft.
Fine, then change the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV