Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 12:08 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,496,015 times

Advertisements

I cant rep you again so soon, Marcy, but thanks so much for the review! I wont be watching last night's show until later today and I'm so anxious to know what I missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 04:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,219,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Len was stingy with the paddles. He fairly consistently voted a number lower than Carrie and Bruno, and he was his usual curmudgeonly self. It was good having him back and Julianne gone.

Next week, I'm hoping the fans will do the right thing and get rid of Geraldo. Then Misha.
I liked they were scoring lower when they start out with 8s & 9s it is hard to score lower in the following weeks. I think Michael Bolton was the last one to score a 4 wasn't he then they turned around asking him to come back to sing. I still think that was an apology from ABC execs for him getting humiliated at the judge's table.

I don't even know who that Misha chick is and yes I looked her up but can't tell you what I read that is how unappealing she is to me just bland & seems negative.

Geraldo was a laughing stock in his industry over the Al Capone vault it took him awhile to recover but he never got popular like he was prior to the vault. I think in his head he is still that most powerful reporter when really he has failed in work. marriages and relationships. Hope he is gone first so we don't have to see him groping women eureka this must be what Mark will look like in the future!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,306,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Oh good. I'm always wanting to see what a Weather Girl can do on the dance floor. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
She's a very well trained meteriologist. She was on the local ABC station after the last weather guy got snatched. Their meteriologist is always fully trained and with a good reputation. ABC snagged her. When I occasionally watch an LA station and they the weather person is mostly reading what someone wrote for them its tacky. The local stations tend to have their weather person nabbed by networks often since they have to really know their stuff.

She did well too. Go, Ginger!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:56 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,306,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I'm glad they jettisoned Julianne but, sadly, they are going to have guest judges again. I saw that on GMA.
I hope Len remains at least. I watched this dance competation on PBS, and some of the freestyles are amazing. But they are absolutely exacting on the judging. By their standards most everyone would get a one. And they don't do points for effort.

If sometimes he sounds over the top with his comments, that's the world he comes from.

The stars who do the best seem to be the ones who shoot for the stars in their performances even if they could risk less with something easier. I find I enjoy them most since part of it is the spirit and the desire to do a little better than you know you can.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:37 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,043,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

I don't even know who that Misha chick is and yes I looked her up but can't tell you what I read that is how unappealing she is to me just bland & seems negative.
I still don't know. And don't care enough to look her up. She was not good enough to know anything about.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:07 PM

Misha Barton was on "The O.C." back in the early 2000s and was very popular back then. She was beautiful and was actually called the "IT" girl in those days. Then she had some legal troubles -- DUIs, driving without a license and some light drug use. She was also sued by her landlord for not paying rent. And, finally, her psychiatrist had her involuntarily confined to a mental hospital about 5 years ago.

I watched last night's show in Comcat's ON DEMAND today and could tell that she took the judges' criticism pretty hard. I even thought she was going to cry. I hope she's let go right after Geraldo (OMG, was he terrible) because I dont think she's mentally stable enough to handle this or any competition.

Last edited by TFW46; 03-22-2016 at 08:26 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 08:17 PM

Like everyone else, I was blown away by the deaf model. I also thought both football players were very good. Jodie Sweeten and Marla Maples were also good, although it pains me to say that because I dont care for either one of them. The Boyz II Men guy was surprisingly good too. I dont watch GMA so I dont know who Ginger Zee is, but she seems to be very popular. Kim Fields will always be "Tootie" to me but I dont think she'll last long. And I really hope that Doug Flutie can improve enough to stay on for a long time.

The thing I like best about DWTS is getting to know the stars as the season progresses. I'm always amazed at how people whom I thought would be one way turn out to be just the opposite. I'm really looking forward to that this season, maybe more so than in previous seasons.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:33 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,506,801 times
The thing about Nyle, as those who watched him on ANTM know that he is very humble. He has deaf brothers, parents and grandparents. They were raised by a single mom after she divorced his father when the kids were young. He was so impressive with his kindness towards others on ANTM that even the most spiteful of competitors only had nice things to say about him. He said his real goal in life is to show people that deaf people can do anything hearing people can but he doesn't crusade about it. He didn't want to turn it into a big deal on that show and he won't want to do it on DWTS. So I hope the show doesn't try and make his background into one of those sapping sob stories. That's not him.

He works extra hard for what he has achieved and it's really interesting to watch as he finds a way around his challenges.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:41 PM

4,352 posts, read 4,738,967 times
Finally got to watch the entire thing. Yea DVR!

I would send Misha home first. Geraldo right behind her (but I like Editya!)

Antonio Brown and Von Miller - will be entertaining
Doug Flutie - we'll, he's trying

Kim Fields, Marla Maples, Jodie Sweetin - meh, don't really care, except I like their partners.

Paige Van Zant - Much better than I thought she'd be. I hope she sticks around. And it was fun seeing some UF folks in the audience. (Yes, big fight fan.)

Wanya Morris - very fun to watch

Ginger Zee - love her from GMA and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Val!

Nyle - YOWZA!!!!!!!!!! Pretty incredible. And major kudos to Peta's work with him.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:26 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,043,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Misha Barton was on "The O.C." back in the early 2000s and was very popular back then. She was beautiful and was actually called the "IT" girl in those days. Then she had some legal troubles -- DUIs, driving without a license and some light drug use. She was also sued by her landlord for not paying rent. And, finally, her psychiatrist had her involuntarily confined to a mental hospital about 5 years ago.

I watched last night's show in Comcat's ON DEMAND today and could tell that she took the judges' criticism pretty hard. I even thought she was going to cry. I hope she's let go right after Geraldo (OMG, was he terrible) because I dont think she's mentally stable enough to handle this or any competition.
I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess; I have no clue whatsoever what The O.C. is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV