Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm surprised Sundance won.

He had the "Blake factor". And this may turn out better for Billy in the long run since he won't be as tied down. One thing both Blake and Adam have complained about is how the record label doesn't do much for the winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 09:11 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,960 times
Darby was terrible! I was also glad when she got eliminated. I had to hear her again yesterday though!

Old 12-14-2016, 09:14 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm surprised Sundance won. I disliked his over the top twang personally. But I wasn't allowed to express my opinion in my area because Porter is close to Houston so everyone was rooting for him I thought Billy would win, then We, then Sundance. All four are still fantastic, and Sundance is such a good person. He deserves all the best, and he has a wicked sense of humor!

I loved the contestants this season. They all were very kind and humble save Darby. That girl grated on my nerves. I was really glad when she went home.
Talking to guest coaches Tim and Faith about how he got the name Sundance. "I'm just glad my daddy didn't name me Richard." Took Faith a few beats to put Richard and Head together.

I guessed who SHOULD win and they even came in the right order. (Post 236 on page 24)

Old 12-14-2016, 12:24 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,738,013 times
There is no denying that the country vote for this show is strong, but while I admittedly am not a fan of Billy's, I am also not someone who listens to much country music either. I just don't think Billy outsang Sundance and honestly feel like the one with the brightest future professionally is We. I just don't think Alicia knew how to coach her or really how to bring that out in her. Sundance's original song was very cool, though!

With Billy, he came across as "acting" a majority of the time. Acting humble and surprised.... but he just didn't come across genuine to me and maybe that is where my dislike comes from? I liked his blind audition and then everything after that felt very "mehh...." to me. He came across a little smug and arrogant most of the time, like he didn't have much (if anything) to learn and that it was his competition to lose. Maybe it is just how he came across in the things that they've showed, but he never really seemed to have any sort of friendship with anyone there going through similar roller coasters.

According to Nolan on twitter, Billy tried to accuse him of peeing on things in their hotel room to get him kicked out and that he is rude, selfish, etc. Yeah - it's not good to publicly attack someone in Twitter (Nolan tweeting he is glad that Sundance won), but it makes you wonder why Billy's returning song people seem a lot like the people that the show would have chosen for him (he gets the "left overs") more so than people he seemed friendly with in interviews. Maybe Nolan is just a jerk.... but he seemed friendly enough with Josh, so IDK?

That being said, I wasn't that into Billy's tone and I thought the most technically perfect singer in the competition was Ali Caldwell. I also did not like the tone of Alisan Porter's voice much. The only difference is she came across like she cared about the others who were there and I at least liked that about her.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:48 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
No way! Are you sure that's really Nolan tweeting? I don't twit so haven't seen them but that just seems really odd.

Billy might do well in theater, but I wouldn't buy one of his songs. I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of people who do buy pop music though, so . . .

Old 12-14-2016, 01:53 PM

I never was into Ali. I thought she had no lower register and was screechy...I was rooting for We for the longest time but then came Billy and my heart was set on him winning! We was good but I don't think she sang the best songs...

Old 12-14-2016, 04:18 PM

19,223 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Jumping in here at the end I think that allowing those who have worked professionally/semi-professionally in the industry have an unfair advantage and should not participate. Just my 2 cents...

Old 12-14-2016, 05:11 PM

Yeah, Sundance Head apparently was on American Idol and had a recording contract...

Old 12-14-2016, 05:48 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,738,013 times
So really, We won? Lol!

I like how in an interview he said he thought she was going to win and that he voted for her. it was cute!

Old 12-14-2016, 09:42 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
According to Nolan on twitter, Billy tried to accuse him of peeing on things in their hotel room to get him kicked out and that he is rude, selfish, etc. Yeah - it's not good to publicly attack someone in Twitter (Nolan tweeting he is glad that Sundance won), but it makes you wonder why Billy's returning song people seem a lot like the people that the show would have chosen for him (he gets the "left overs") more so than people he seemed friendly with in interviews. Maybe Nolan is just a jerk.... but he seemed friendly enough with Josh, so IDK
So where is this "supposed" tweet? I just went back through Nolan's Twitter feed all the way back to before the show started and there is nothing of the sort. In fact he mentioned Billy a few times always rooting for him and mentioning he was his roommate. He gave shout outs to many of the people on the show regularly. So unless you can point to where this tweet is, I don't believe it. Not to mention, Nolan has been in the business long enough to know better than to do some crap like that.

Here is one of his tweets about Billy: My roommate on the show @BillyGilman !! Such a sweet soul!! Isn't he great!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV