Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 12:48 PM

8,413 posts, read 7,407,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm still betting that Dany will sit the throne, possibly with Jon Snow by her side as king to bring in the North.
Except

Spoiler
Daenerys Targareyn and Jon Snow are aunt and nephew. I think that, after the Mad King Aerys Targareyn and King Joffrey Baratheon, Westeros pretty much is over with incest within the Royal Family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 01:56 PM

22,915 posts, read 28,260,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Except

Spoiler
Daenerys Targareyn and Jon Snow are aunt and nephew. I think that, after the Mad King Aerys Targareyn and King Joffrey Baratheon, Westeros pretty much is over with incest within the Royal Family.
Two points:

1.) Incest has never stopped the Targaryens before.

2.) Dany can't have kids.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:00 PM

45,344 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Two points:

1.) Incest has never stopped the Targaryens before.

2.) Dany can't have kids.

The Citadel: Prophecies - I: 635 - Mirri Maz Duur’s Prophecy

Old 07-18-2016, 04:07 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,229,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Ramsay was not a bastard when he become Lord. He had been granted "regularness" (what's the word for this?) by the King. Bastards can't rule houses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
Bastards can be legitimized
Thanks, that's the word I was looking for. Also to fleetiebelle.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:12 PM

22,915 posts, read 28,260,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I never took that to be a Prophecy so much as a fancy schmancy way of saying, "Never."

Old 07-22-2016, 11:26 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Well, I just got back from 6 weeks without TV or Internet, and I've just binge watched the last 4 episodes! So now I'll have to catch up on approx. 25 pages on this thread! Before I read your reactions I have to say I was very impressed with the last two episodes in particular.

Later!

Old 07-23-2016, 04:52 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,215,272 times
Usually bastards were the product of a royal man and a common woman.
Maybe the rules are different if both parents are royal even if not married? Or simply if the woman is a married royal?

Old 07-23-2016, 07:34 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,229,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Well, I just got back from 6 weeks without TV or Internet, and I've just binge watched the last 4 episodes! So now I'll have to catch up on approx. 25 pages on this thread! Before I read your reactions I have to say I was very impressed with the last two episodes in particular.

Later!
Last two episodes were two of the best ever. The show is really rocking now...

It'll be time to start the S7 thread before long. {hint nudge}

Old 07-24-2016, 11:48 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,884,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
If you look very closely in the scene at the end, with Danaerys on the ship, queen of the world headed towards Westeros, way off in the distance you can see Gendry rowing his boat.
LOL!

I was thinking about Gendry also... the last known son of Robert Baratheon, he is technically an heir. BUT since Baratheon fought for the throne and defeated the Targareyons (rightfully, they were crazy and needed to be put down), IMHO it is fair enough that another family, who also fought for the throne, has taken it.

But Queen Cersei's reign is precarious at best...even without the army on the way over the ocean. Someone who is that hated is in danger of assassination at every turn.

And there's another thing...assassination. I know Jon Snow is an honorable man and all that, but when Ramsey came out to parley with Jon, they went right past a big tree. An archer in that tree could have killed Ramsey and saved them all a lot of trouble. IMHO, the assassination of a dishonorable man is not dishonorable.

So I don't think Jaime Lannister is dishonorable for killing the king. It really needed to be done, and he's a strong man to make that choice to bear the stigma. Don't get me wrong, he's dishonorable and despicable in lots of ways. But I think he is Learning from his experiences, unlike most despicable people.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,884,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Traditionally, women could not rule houses or sit on the iron throne, but we see now that is all changing quickly. Ramsay the bastard became the ruler of his (since short-lived) house. So the rules are changing, and Jon as the only living male heir to the Targaryan throne has as much claim as Danerys or anyone else. But as we've also seen, he's anything but enthusiastic to claim titles. He may end up getting thrown into it the way he was as Lord Commander and King of the North.
Yeah, but is there anyone left living who can confirm or even hint at Jon's heritage? Because IMHO the only one left who knows is the midwife. Jon doesn't have a clue. Katelyn didn't know, that's how deep a secret it was, Ned damaged his marriage by keeping that secret. They all think he's Ned Stark's son, and have no reason to doubt it.

So even though he is kin to Dany, they won't know it.

They seem a likely couple based on the story line, but IMHO he is not the man for her. He's brooding and cautious. We love him, because he's honorable, but...She loved her husband, she loved Daario, they are alpha males to the core. He just is not cut from the same cloth. IMHO the only man in the kingdom man enough for her is Jaime!

That was not meant to be a prediction. He just seems more her type. Surely he'll go down fighting to protect Cersei.

If Jon were to somehow be legitimatized, his offspring could succeed Dany (assuming she has no children)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV