Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 07:00 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Ser Davos wasn't aware that Lady Melisandre burned Princess Shireen alive. In the last episode, he came across the little deer he had carved for her, in a pile of burned bones and ashes. He may have thought that Queen Falyse and Shireen had been killed in battle - that was really never addressed in previous episodes.

He loved that child - there's going to be a showdown when he confronts Melisandre about it.
Well, on the HBO's preview for next week, there's a scene where Ser Dravos demands Melisandre to tell Jon (I think it was Jon) what she did to the little girl. In fact, that's his exact sentence: "Tell him what you did to the girl!". So I think Ser Davos suspects foul play but he's still not 100% sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 07:04 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
That reminds me: didn't Shireen have that stoneskin disease? I thought she had it on her face, but she wasn't sick. Is there a cure? Maybe Jorah will learn it.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:21 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That reminds me: didn't Shireen have that stoneskin disease? I thought she had it on her face, but she wasn't sick. Is there a cure? Maybe Jorah will learn it.
Yes, it was put in remission but the damage that was done could not be reversed.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:21 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
In the books, the Stark line was supposedly carried through a daughter at least once: A Stark lord had a daughter who entertained a Wildling and conceived a son by him. The son grew up and killed his father and became Lord Stark of Winterfell. Of course, it's a legend, not recently recorded history:

http://http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brandon_Stark_(the_daughterless)

I personally think that Arya will become The Stark in Winterfell/Queen in the North.
Cool, I hope you're right. Personally, I suspect it'll be Sansa, but I have no idea.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:28 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,956,682 times
Quote:
Yes, she had the same disease. However, according to the books, children inflicted with it as kids can live with the disease and grow into adulthood. However, adults inflicted with it as adults go insane and turn into stone men (or women.) I'm not sure if they made that clarification on the show - perhaps when Stannis was talking about how he sent people all over looking for cures? But, while I remember the scene, I don't remember exactly what he said.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:42 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Ser Davos wasn't aware that Lady Melisandre burned Princess Shireen alive.
Technically, she's not a Lady. She's just Melisandre, or the Red Priestess. She's not highborn.

Quote:
I agree. I think Melisandre knows vengeance is coming. She seems resigned to it. It would have been helpful of her to birth another shadow demon to help with the Winterfell battle, though.
As I recall, it required noble blood for that shadow demon. Either the sacrifice of royal blood, or in that specific case, I think (my memory is hazy here) Stannis had sex with her, so the (ahem) infusion of royal seed (is that vague enough to pass the censors?) Not sure there was anything available, blood or sex or royal, that would have helped her create another shadow baby.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:53 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Good episode, but it makes me sad to think that the Stark line has ended.

1) Rickon is dead
2) Bran is the 3 eyed raven, and I don't see him getting many opportunities to father kids down the road
3) Jon... well, we all know his true parentage.
Don't forget Benjen Stark is still alive--and we don't really know what (or who) he's been up to up North.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:57 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Don't forget Benjen Stark is still alive--and we don't really know what (or who) he's been up to up North.
I thought he helped Bran escape from White Walkers a few episodes ago?

Old 06-21-2016, 09:02 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I thought he helped Bran escape from White Walkers a few episodes ago?
He did, but we don't know much more--he could have very well fathered children while he was MIA, so the Stark line wouldn't be completely extinct yet.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:04 AM

677 posts, read 652,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He did, but we don't know much more--he could have very well fathered children while he was MIA, so the Stark line wouldn't be completely extinct yet.
No, Benjen is Coldhands. He's not fathering anything, he is half monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV