Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Sadly, I agree with this. From this last episode it seems clear that Jon cannot wait to get out there as a single man. I think if anything hanging out with Deanna reminded him of the swinging 20-something life he may have missed and it seems he's trying to recapture. The way he keeps reminding viewers that he has "8 kids by 27" and that he's only 32, seems to reiterate that he's still young. Time for fun.

And why is he looking at apartments in NYC? Isn't that a bit far from the kids? Sounds like he's really trying to live it up.

I don't think there is much that Jon can do in PA. He mentioned that he might find employment and NYC would be a better option for that.

From TLC's standpoint there could be some interesting episodes--Jon and the 8 touring the city. I suppose the kids will see Broadway plays and tour museums, eat and shop.

When they are with Kate they will do the same in PA?

There is really not much more that can be done.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:23 AM

90 posts, read 177,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
It's funny now that the truth is out about the divorce everyone is Jon bashing..
Whatever he did he did, I would totally not want to be married to a person like Katie. Maybe he was looking for a out...and yes cheating is wrong and no excuse.....but people we are human. So if he would have just got up and left everyone would bash him, if he cheats they bash him, if he stays we bash him. OMG! Leave it alone. I am sorry but Katie created this mess, not the cheating the MESS. She is a monster! I don't feel sorry for her at all. I feel for those kids.

And for the posters that say she is all alone now and doing everything for the kids....bull
She has four nanny's and TLC crew and volunteers everywhere. She doesn't do it alone. She plays to the TV people. Acts like supermom. Being a mom is a hard job to do yourself, not with help!
Absolutely right! As Jon said last night, Kate always did and does as she wants and he let her and now it is time for himself to do things for himself. He is fed up of her bull and finally stood up for himself. Kate is a b---- and she deserves what she got. She put the show ahead of her husband and family. She is the one who wanted to continue with the show when he wanted out last season. She brought this on herself and the only reason she is continuing with the show is because she is used to the freebies and glamorous life.

She does not know how to live as a normal middle-class person anymore. She has nannies, maids, etc. She is not taking care of the kids. She always refers to them as her kids. Last I checked it takes two to make babies and as far as I'm concerned those kids are THEIR kids. Her crocodile tears had absolutely no effect on me last night. Maybe those fake tears are for money she will be loosing from TLC.

She pushed Jon to this and she doesn't seem to have any regrets. She keeps blaming him for everything. I don't think she owns mirrors in her home. If she did, she would be able to see the ruthless snobby b---- she has become. I don't think she looks at the episodes when she bashes Jon and rolls her eyes all the time and doesn't make him utter a word.

TLC should remove this show from the air ASAP. Dirty laundry should not be publicized.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:23 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,708 times
I laugh at how all these people have become so involved in these people lives. WOW!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 AM

897 posts, read 2,825,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I just think Kate has been more of a catalyst than Jon has.
There you go again, giving him that brotherly "pass" again.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:30 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I laugh at how all these people have become so involved in these people lives. WOW!
What people are you referring to ?

2,224 posts, read 3,614,708 times
The 37 pages of this thread!

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGal View Post
There you go again, giving him that brotherly "pass" again.
Nah, I'm a fair observer.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
How did this show become so popular?
I think at the beginning it was curiosity at how a young middle class couple was going to handle sextuplets. For me, I enjoyed watching the children and grow and change. Also, in the beginning neither Jon or Kate seemed to have their heads up their butts.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
I didn't watch the show last night...had better things to do. And I was not a really a watcher, I caught some shows here and there and watched a few on memorial day weekend. Just curious due to the media attention. So I can't speak from the first show to now, or about last nights show becuase I think it's junk. It's horriable what the kids are going through and then to put it on national TV is distasteful. Maybe Jon will put in court papers to remove his kids from the TV waves as it is an invasion of their privacy?

As for Jon moving states over, maybe he is doing to that for sanity reasons. We don't know. What does it matter? Is it going to affect me or any of us? NO

Good luck to Jon, Kate and their kids. I totally feel for those kids. Boy they are going to be screwed up. Maybe Jon can keep them grounded.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The 37 pages of this thread!
Which you are also now posting on ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.