Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 12:36 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post

I did notice the house you're talking about. Can't say for sure if it was Jesse's house (I'd have to see his house again), but I wouldn't be surprised if both homes were in the same neighborhood for the sake of making filming easier.
But Pinkman was only in BB, while Chuck was only in BCS, so there is no concurrent filming going on in both houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 12:38 PM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
I agree. I don't think it ever occurred to Chuck that Howard would actually rather pay to get rid of Chuck than to keep him as a partner at HHM. That was a major blow to Chuck's ego. After 17 years of working together, he's just given a round of applause by the members of the firm and sent packing, with not even a retirement party? What a crappy way to treat someone who was instrumental in building the firm to where it is today.

With Rebecca out of his life, his relationship with Howard destroyed and no longer being able to practice law, Chuck really didn't have anything to live for. It was all too much for Chuck to handle, and obviously put him into a tailspin that reversed all of the progress he had made in his battle with his electricity issues. Though I wasn't a big fan of Chuck, it was still sad to see him deteriorate so quickly to the point where he thought suicide was a better option than continuing in his current life.
With all that money he could have rebuilt some kind of life, kept up with his treatment, maybe moved to a quiet area to an eco-house with lots of natural light, still do some law-related stuff, keep in touch with Rebecca, etc. There is always hope. But he put all his eggs in one basket and the basket exploded. You don't want your only "friends" to be colleagues, much less a bunch of lawyers.

If he really wanted, when the power company would not come right away he could have called around to electricians and offered them some good money to make a quick house call to locate the electrical culprit. He could have called his doctor but instead he cancelled the appointment, so he was done.

I wonder how Howard's wife felt about his method of retiring Chuck.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:40 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
I think that Gus was aware of what Nacho was doing regarding Hector's medication.

If someone spilled the pills in their medication bottle onto the ground accidentally, especially outdoors as happened in that scene, would you actually make an attempt to gather them up and put them back into the bottle? I don't think I would. Hector has already had his attack and is on his way to the hospital, so he doesn't need the pills now. Nacho could just show the EMT the empty pill bottle if they need to know what medication he's taking, and Hector could always refill the prescription later on if necessary.

My money says Gus figured out what Nacho had done, but because he's no fan of Hector himself, he's not going to say anything about it.

9 months until the next season?
I'll have to watch again, but did Nacho put the bottle in one pocket after he refilled it and then take the bottle out of another pocket to give it to the EMT? Remember, Mike told him to be sure to swap it back.

Just watched the scene. He put it in his left pocket after filling it, but they didn't show him putting the pills in the bottle. It could have been the pills and the empty bottle. They didn't show what pocket he took it out of, but he handed it to the EMT with his right hand. It was kind of quick how he responded to her question and produced the bottle in his right hand, as though there wouldn't have been enough time to transfer it to his right hand, besides, why transfer it at all?

Funny thing is, Eliados was pushing Hector to forge any new transport options which would have avoided using Nachos father. More to come on that next season, I guess.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 06-20-2017 at 12:57 PM..

Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
To those who think Howard treated Chuck badly...are you kidding?

Apparently you've forgotten what a monster Chuck was and all the crap that Howard and everyone else put up with from Chuck.

Actually Howard DID tell his assistant to begin working on plans for a fancy retirement party with a band, then Howard was served notice that Chuck was suing HHM.

Howard's wife? Huh? We don't even know if Howard had a wife. But even if he did why would anyone care about her opinion of the Chuck matter?

Last edited by applej3; 06-20-2017 at 02:06 PM..

Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM

743 posts, read 877,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
But Pinkman was only in BB, while Chuck was only in BCS, so there is no concurrent filming going on in both houses.
I think it's more of an "Easter egg" shot. Like another poster wrote, VG stated that the houses are in the same neighborhood.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:15 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You're right about that, of course, but perhaps the producers chose the location for Chuck's house because they were already familiar with that neighborhood? IDK. Anyway, from what this poster said, it looks like it was Jesse's house in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
You are CORRECT! Good catch.
In an interview I heard Vince Gilligan mention it. I think he said it's the same house, just shown from different angle.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:29 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
To those who think Howard treated Chuck badly...are you kidding?

Apparently you've forgotten what a monster Chuck was and all the crap that Howard and everyone else put up with from Chuck.

Actually Howard DID tell his assistant to begin working on plans for a fancy retirement party with a band, then Howard was served notice that Chuck was suing HHM.
Nope, I'm not kidding.

Yes, it was ****ty of Chuck to threaten to sue HHM when Howard wanted to let him go because of the increased malpractice premiums the firm would face if he stuck around. But, at the same time, Chuck was as he pointed out a founding member of the firm, who had built it from the ground up alongside Howard's father. I think that he felt like he was boxed into a corner by Howard wanting to let him go after the meeting with the insurance company reps, and thinking that HHM could never afford to buy him out without going bankrupt, he felt that his only option was to threaten them with a lawsuit should they not agree to keep him on. You did see him tell Howard that the whole thing could be settled with a handshake and there'd be no need for them to go to court, right?

What Chuck didn't expect was that Howard would use his own funds in order to get rid of Chuck, rather than to agree to keep him on to avoid a lawsuit.

I'm not saying that Chuck behaved ideally, but still, IMO a man that had invested his whole life into a firm like Chuck had deserved a little better of a sendoff than what he got from Howard. Howard was being petty and vindictive. Well, that's just my 2 cents anyway and you're all entitled to disagree.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:29 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
I just double checked. Jesse's house and Chuck's are in same neighborhood.

I do remember VG talking about it, though.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I think Chuck had plans to die , but first wanted to take some guilt off Jimmy for what he'd done to him , he sort of told him it was no big deal also,adding he never really liked him anyhow , all so Jimmy wouldnt feel too bad after he'd gone ...brotherly love , I notice Chuck wasn't on The Talk after to keep us in suspense dead or alive ?
I disagree....

I think Chuck put everything he had in to bringing Jimmy down, and in the end, Jimmy won and Chuck was left with nothing, so Chuck got back at Jimmy the one way he could; Chuck knew Jimmy had an undying affection for him, so he said the one thing that he knew would hurt Jimmy the most.

This is also what Peter Gould, co-creator of the series, said on the after show.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-20-2017 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-20-2017, 04:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I don't think we can take anything away from tonight's episode that will tell us about Jimmy and Kim. That will probably be left to next season, along with Gus, Nacho/Hector and Mike. I think the Chuck and HHM storylines are pretty much resolved at this point.
Yeah, they started hinting at that on the after show last night. Vince Gilligan said he was in love with the Kim Wexler character in an interview and imagined it would be hard to go on in the story "if there comes a day when she's not around", and Bob Odenkirk in an interview remarked that Jimmy is basically living for Kim, trying to give her the future she wants, and pontificated on what might happen to Jimmy if he were to lose her.

So needless to say, I think that was the set-up for next season's arc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV