Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 AM

134 posts, read 332,216 times

Advertisements

Kelly is obnoxiously weird. Some weird you enjoy watching....but not this kind. She's not even likable.
I don't understand why she is on the show. She's not a "housewife" in any sense of the word.

I love Jill. Jill is loud and brassy, but sincere.

Alex and Simon...well, just wait til those two kids grow up some! oh boy do they have their work cut out for them. And the boys will probably rather die than be seen in public with their father!! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:48 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Watching part 2 right now.....I never thought I would say this...but Alex is actually the only one who really seems comfortable with herself....these women are so insecure.....lmao....Alex is the only one who is displaying any class during this reunion.
Yep. I've been saying to my wife all season that they seem like the closest to normal (or even just people I'd like) on the whole show. Jill ain't so nuts, either.

As to how Kelly got into Columbia...please, people. I know all sorts of idiot Beacon Hill prep-school kids who got into Ivy League, etc, even though they have the common sense of kumquat.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,318 times
I so hope that Kelly will take the hint and not be back next season. She is such a waste of time and Jill, Bethenny and Ramona all stated that the original 5 were just fine.

I read somewhere that Kelly graduated from the Columbia University School of General Studies, not the University. This is supposedly the equivalent of an adult school and only requires a gpa of 2.5 (no SAT). Don't know if this is true or not, but it certainly sounds possible with all of her prior exaggerations.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
I snorted out loud when Ramona described herself as twice as smart as she is pretty. I'd never describe her as pretty. Maybe from a distance. Up close, the upper lip problem, the buggy eyes, the over-arched eyebrows that make her look in constant surprise, all detract from what I'd call "pretty". Attractive, nice figure, nice hair, yes. Smart? Maybe. Self-aware? Not at all. I think Ramona equates "making lotsa money" with "smart".

The whole "I'm going to go down to a lower level and donate my old clothes to poor people" from Kelly was just cringe-inducing. It also confirms to me her original intent when she made the "I'm up here and you're down there" comment to Bethenny, much as she tried to spin it later as "we're just different people". So now we understand that Kelly is into vertical measurements. She's always (in that tiny, drug-addled mind) at the top of the measuring stick. You poor, unfortunate, unwashed masses (including, apparently, Bethenny) are at the bottom. Yawn.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:03 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Finally got to see the part 2 last night..........thanks Stan They were all giving me a headache but I have to agree Kelly wouldn't know what was true if it bit her on the a$$. She is probably just on the show to get her face out there again and it ain't all that. When she said she drives a rambler or a truck and she just wanted to be normal and Jill came back at her big time with "What, you live in a bigger more expensive apartment then me and you have a (I think) 15 million dollar Hampton house

Ramona.........still scary and weird.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Ramona cracked me up with that line about her good looks. What good looks? I mean, she isn't ugly, but she isn't particularly appealing, either.
But I appreciate that she enjoys her business.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yep. I've been saying to my wife all season that they seem like the closest to normal (or even just people I'd like) on the whole show. Jill ain't so nuts, either.

As to how Kelly got into Columbia...please, people. I know all sorts of idiot Beacon Hill prep-school kids who got into Ivy League, etc, even though they have the common sense of kumquat.
I love Jill too......but sometimes she can be a little too into her lifestyle ...I was always taught its not polite to talk about money...that''s aaaaall these women talk about! lol I don't know why they have to be in competition with each other..they all have it good...enjoy it and shut up already!!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:09 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I love Jill too......but sometimes she can be a little too into her lifestyle ...I was always taught its not polite to talk about money...that''s aaaaall these women talk about! lol
Oh, I know! Many people can't even survive right now and Jill is out buying a $16,000 purse. Did they have to show the price???

I know some wealthy people and when they say what they bought, they put the price at the end. I asked one time, since I have known one of these people for over 30 years, "Do you tell everyone what you paid for everything?" She said, "Oh, if I know the person well, yes...why it that a problem?"

Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM

134 posts, read 332,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Oh, I know! Many people can't even survive right now and Jill is out buying a $16,000 purse. Did they have to show the price???

I know some wealthy people and when they say what they bought, they put the price at the end. I asked one time, since I have known one of these people for over 30 years, "Do you tell everyone what you paid for everything?" She said, "Oh, if I know the person well, yes...why it that a problem?"
I too was shocked at the pricetag on that bag, because I can't imagine spending that much for anything that doesn't have a motor and wheels....
but, she isn't holding on to the money, she's putting it back out into the economy.
Isn't that what we want?
The bag manufacturer in turn pays people for goods and services, who in turn pays people.... and on and on.

So, Jill dumped $16k back into the economy and all she got was a handbag!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:29 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
I'd rather see her send the 16k to the foundation her daughter is involved with .....no lets buy an ugly bag and beg for donations instead!!! Gross!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV