Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
shout out to Jeff Probst for the next season
Hey now what kind of shout out are you thinking missy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Jeff says "Start getting all your blocks over before you stack." Should the healers have been disqualified?
Yes! Yes! and Yes! that was the rule so why didn't they get disqualified?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I loved seeing that sh*t eating grin slide off Red's face. LOVED it.
He reminded me of that guy that always hangs around the popular guys trying to fit in & be cool but never is. Only now he decides he is cool and everybody likes him...........................not. Some folks are just born with that coolness & the rest of us are not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 06:27 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Yes agree. ^^^ Right person went bye baby bye.
Had to laugh when Lauren mentioned "you can't trust red heads, they all lie" or something to that effect.
That made me look over my wife and question everything I think I know... lol j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Jeff says "Start getting all your blocks over before you stack." Should the healers have been disqualified?
I don't think it was actually a rule. I think it was just a reminder from Jeff you needed to stack all your blocks so you better get them over there. He said they have people watching every tribe and every person out there. They knew that tribe forgot a block but he says there's no way they were going to tell them or even let them know something wasn't right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
There was no swimming in last night's challenge, and very little running.
And no puzzle!

Old 10-13-2017, 06:37 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
So we were all wondering about Patrick and Ali knowing each other before the game. After this week's episode, Dalton Ross from Entertainment Weekly asked Probst this exact question. According to Probst, production didn't find out Ali and Patrick knew each other previously until they were already cast and the tribes had been decided. He says at that point, they didn't even think about changing things. And it obviously didn't seem to matter.

As for the episode, well, i'm starting to think the fears of some bloggers and podcasters is coming true. Probst said all leading up to this season that the finale was amazing and one of the best ever. And that's all it seemed he would say. So there was a lot of people wondering if that meant the rest of the season is just blah. And the rest of the season may just be blah. Maybe we've gotten too used to a bunch of big moves. The Healers tribe with Joe hasn't had to go to tribal council yet and maybe that's the problem.

I have to say I've been a big surprised by the last two votes. They did fool me enough last week to think Patrick was going home over Simone. This week they really played up Lauren going home over Patrick. I was quite surprised it was Patrick because everyone seemed to be so on board getting out Lauren. And she feels like someone that would go rogue, especially against Ryan and Devon, much more than Patrick would.

On Rob Has a Podcast after the episode, they brought up that Cole said before the season that if he had a guy like Tony on his tribe, he would absolutely throw a challenge to get rid of him. So why didn't he?? He has almost the spitting image of Tony on his tribe, who he knows has an idol, but he didn't even mention throwing the challenge to get rid of him. I'm glad he didn't throw the challenge. I think that would have backfired in a big way.

But here's a good question. First, it absolutely was dumb to tell Desi and Roark (who knew these people existed???) about Joe and the idol without even knowing you were going to tribal. But if you're Desi and Roark, who do you think is the most dangerous right now? Joe with his paranoia and idol? Or the obvious power couple of Cole and Jessica? It's honestly a tough choice. If you know the show, you know a swap is coming so it's possible Cole and Jessica will get broken up. At the same time, it could be very possible to get rid of Joe then by telling your new tribemates that he has an idol. Alas, it doesn't look like something that we have to worry about now.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
It did seem odd to form a plan to get rid of an idol then not toss the challenge. They must know a switch is coming and they're only going to get so many chances. Who knows what'll happen now. Too much luvy-duvy this season. Stop looking for love-connections already! Sheesh. lol

Old 10-15-2017, 08:00 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,521,584 times
anyone else think that ben (cowboy) looks like mad dog tannen (back to the future iii)? not when he talks, but when he is wearing his hat & stands there listening to someone with his mouth agape

ben
Survivor Cast: Ben Driebergen

mad dog tannen
http://www.dorkadia.com/wp-content/u.../2015/01/0.jpg

Old 10-16-2017, 12:27 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Three episodes into the season, haven't warmed up to anybody. I know it won't be the "Tony" clone. Now the 4th will be the infamous drop your buff episode.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:26 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
is like the old CONCENTRATION game that a young Hugh Downs used to MC.
I used to love Concentration...

Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
I like that memory challenge one but they never show it long enough for us to play along at home. lol That's part of the fun.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:29 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
^, and sulky, too. Immature.

Anyway . . . . I'm having a problem getting into this season of Survivor. It's my very favorite show, and usually I'm absolutely invested but right now it's just kind of predictable and boring.

Scrape me up some excitement or drama, people!
Each season of Survivor & Big Brother take me a while to get to know everyone and develop a true interest.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:08 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Each season of Survivor & Big Brother take me a while to get to know everyone and develop a true interest.
Me too. For some reason, I am having an easier time this season- I think its because they are in three smaller groups. When it has been two teams from the beginning, a lot of the players just blur together in my brain until the third or fourth episode.

I'm looking forward to tonight!! Going to get greasy, but delicious, Chinese takeout to eat while watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV