Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2017, 03:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I fail to see what's "heroic" about having a high paying job, leaving the job temporarily to have a baby, and then returning to that high paying job.

What am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I agree, I was dumbfounded at that statement.
I also wondered about her statement. Did anyone catch what her job was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 03:32 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I thought she said she was making a lot of money, in finance. Could be many things in the financial world.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:02 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
I fail to see what's "heroic" about having a high paying job, leaving the job temporarily to have a baby, and then returning to that high paying job.

What am I missing?
GYRL POWER!!!!

Old 09-28-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Pretty funny. In a game where about half the competitions involve swimming, they voted out the former Olympic swimmer. Of course, maybe she didn't tell them about that part--but if eviction were looming, she should have. You can shake a coconut tree and a bunch of beefy guys will fall out, and there are always some eggheads handy, but you cannot so easily scrounge around the jungle and find someone who co-captained her national swimming team.
"Eviction"?

I think you're still in Big Brother mode, lol

Old 09-28-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
My guess is that Chrissy decided that using the idol would make her more of a target than she already is and that outweighed the advantage of being able to keep Katrina. I’m not sure she made the right choice.
Right, because she's already the obvious next target as it is

She should have used the idol, which simultaneously would have resulted in the breaking up of an early alliance and been added to her Survivor resume as a big move in case she makes it to the end, and then tried to pull the black guy and the cowboy over to her side.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
Quote:

What am I missing?
Quote:
I agree, I was dumbfounded at that statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Quote:
I thought she said she was making a lot of money, in finance. Could be many things in the financial world.
Financial Analyst. Didn't make sense to me either even after I read her profile below (but an NFL player isn't much of a "hero" either, in a true sense of the word, so I think they are using the term rather lightly anyway):

Chrissy Hofbeck

"Levu" - Heroes Tribe

Hometown: Glen Gardner, N.J.
Current Residence: Glen Gardner, N.J.

Hobbies: Crossword puzzles, walking, and playing Candy Crush.

Pet peeves: When people don't know how to hold a fork correctly and eat like a caveman.

Three words to describe you: Mushy, happy, and efficient.

What's your personal claim to fame?
At Penn graduation I carried the Penn flag and led the entire graduating class to the ceremony. I walked alongside Hillary Clinton.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My dad and my husband. But really, I have many heroes.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
A photo of my kids since they'd get me through the sheer difficult-ness, a blanket because I hate to be cold, and a bottle of vodka because it's good for making friends—we can trade and have fun!

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
I'd take off my clothes for chocolate and peanut butter! Go Jenna!

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
The adventure! But it's an adventure with a goal—I am super competitive, a Type A overachiever. I will win!

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I am smart but lovable and for whatever reason people like to help me and do things for me which has led to great success. I get along with everyone, work hard, and always think "I know I can do it!"
https://www.globaltv.com/survivor/cast/

Old 09-28-2017, 06:20 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
I am sooo happy its Survivor time again!!! woo hooooo

I liked the first episode more than I thought I would. I think since they were divided into smaller teams, it was easier for my brain to focus on the individual players. Not sure how I feel though about the three team format, in general, though.

One thing I am VERY happy about is no returning players!!! There is something I really enjoy about a group of total unknowns. Its a lot more interesting to me.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I was hoping the contestants would be a variety of interesting people, and I think they did fairly well. The probation officer epitomizes everything people assume about that line of work. How dare he interrogate that urologist? Sheesh.

Terrible choice they made for the first contestant voted out - Ashley or her new bf should have gone if that woman would have used the idol. I think she was worried to put the target on herself by using the idol the first TC, even though she can't use it at all now. Well she will have a nice souvenir of her time on Survivor!

Old 09-29-2017, 01:21 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times
I think sending an Olympic swimmer home showed they were not reasoning..They may regret that.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:28 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Seems I'm in the minority on my opinion but I'm not totally sure the wrong person went home. First, there were only 6 people to choose from. I'm not sure why they chose Katrina over Chrissy but I'm not surprised one of those two were targeted. Yes, she would have been helpful in swimming challenges but they seem like a much stronger tribe overall anyway than the others. And don't forget, they still have a lifeguard with them.

I didn't get Alan saying he wanted to work with JP and Ashley and then doing his whole calling them out thing. But still wanting to work with them. That is what really makes no sense. They want to work with him so either work with them or don't. But don't try to work with them and then call them out for being a couple. And he went about it completely the wrong way. I know he said he was doing the whole idol thing to try to call attention to these two but it did nothing more than make him look like a raving idiot.

As for Chrissy's idol play, when it was obvious she voted for Katrina, there was no way she was going to play the idol to save her. And I do think it was a good move not to. If she had, she may have saved her biggest, if not only, ally in the game but she would have angered everyone else on the tribe. And still been down in the numbers 3 to 2. And the three guys would have gotten together and been even more united against her and Katrina. This way, she can say she voted with them and maybe try to work her way in, which the end of episode preview seems to show her trying to do. And as others have mentioned, she has something that looks just like a hidden immunity idol she can use to try to gain favor or trust in the future.

Overall, I do like Ryan and his odd couple pairing with Devin. I really hope that continues. I also like Ben. He seemed pretty smart and levelheaded. If he can keep Alan's trust and maybe control him a bit, perhaps he could use Alan like Boston Rob used Phillip Shephard on Redemption Island. No one on the Healers tribe has really stuck out to me. It feels like we didn't spend much time with them other than Mike searching for the idol and his confrontation with Joe.

Tribal Council was straight forward. It was another typical one where the vote was decided long before they got there. I thought maybe when they went to commercial right before Tribal that it was going to be crazy but I guess not. Looking forward to next week and the rest of the season!

BTW, we got rid of cable again and since we hate commercials, we're forced to wait until the episode is posted on CBS the next day. So most of the season I likely won't be able to comment on the episode until at least Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV