Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 06:00 PM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
This is not the same show as when Roseann was on. its like a whole other sitcom.
It's little more than a convention of Sad Sacks now. Even the positive vibe brought in by characters like Roseanne's cross-dressing grandson has been dashed on the rocks. Everyone is exuding hopelessness, particularly Dan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 07:22 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
We used to “hate watch” NCIS New Orleans. To us, that means laughing at how bad it is. The thing is, the stuff you think is funny or stupid about it becomes really annoying, and you give up.
When a song comes on the car radio that my adult daughters don't like, instead of changing the station they sing the song in opera.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:33 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
We used to “hate watch” NCIS New Orleans. To us, that means laughing at how bad it is. The thing is, the stuff you think is funny or stupid about it becomes really annoying, and you give up.
OK, I get that. I used to 'hate watch' Sister Wives and The Bachelor.

Aside: I tuned into the movie Twilight to hate watch it and I loved it. I bought the box set of all the books right after!

Old 12-08-2018, 07:08 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It's little more than a convention of Sad Sacks now. Even the positive vibe brought in by characters like Roseanne's cross-dressing grandson has been dashed on the rocks. Everyone is exuding hopelessness, particularly Dan.
You know, you hit it right on the head. Exactly as you wrote!

Old 12-09-2018, 08:43 AM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
When a song comes on the car radio that my adult daughters don't like, instead of changing the station they sing the song in opera.
I LOL'd at this, as we used to do the same thing in college. KC and the Sunshine Band actually sounded better when sung operatically.
We also liked to spice up bad songs with dirty lyrics.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:25 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Last night's show was more of the same, with every day Halloween for loopy Jackie. Even Dan is resorting to clown faces now.

As for ratings, it "ticked up" a bit, going from 6.63 total viewers/1.3 prime demo last week to 6.67 total viewers/1.4 prime demo last night. Still a substantial drop from its premiere of 10.5/2.3.

Even so, this series isn't going anywhere, with ABC continuing to consider Black-ish a "hit" when they garner half of The Conners' viewers.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:46 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
I hear negotiations are underway with the core cast for a 13-episode Season 2. That would be up from the 11 episode in its current first season and the 9 for the lone season of the Roseanne revival. The cast of The Conners is led by Roseanne alums including Sara Gilbert, who also serves as an executive producer, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, and Lecy Goranson. As has been the case with the Roseanne revival and The Conners’ first season, there are issues with Metcalf and Goodman’s busy schedules that need to be worked out but I hear everyone is willing to return and talks are going smoothly.

Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert reportedly were payed $375,000 an episode for Season 1 of The Conners, up significantly from about $250,000 an episode each got for the new Roseanne. I hear the trio is expected to get another salary bump for Season 2 of The Conners. All parties involved declined comment,
https://deadline.com/2018/12/the-con...se-1202519964/

Quote:
ABC’s big, pricey Conners gamble appears to have paid off. TVLine has learned exclusively that the Alphabet net is eyeing a second season of the Roseanne spinoff, with preliminary talks underway between the network and the series’ primary on-camera players, including John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert and Lecy Goranson.

Following a long summer that included Roseanne‘s abrupt cancellation, assorted Roseanne Barr explanations/apologies, cast reactions and industry speculation, The Conners debuted in October to 10.6 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating, down just a hair from where the Roseanne revival left off with its May finale (which did 10.6 mil and a 2.5).
https://tvline.com/2018/12/13/the-co...returning-abc/

Old 12-14-2018, 08:47 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Last night's show was more of the same, with every day Halloween for loopy Jackie. Even Dan is resorting to clown faces now.

As for ratings, it "ticked up" a bit, going from 6.63 total viewers/1.3 prime demo last week to 6.67 total viewers/1.4 prime demo last night. Still a substantial drop from its premiere of 10.5/2.3.

Even so, this series isn't going anywhere, with ABC continuing to consider Black-ish a "hit" when they garner half of The Conners' viewers.

They may not hit the 1.0.. My feeling has been that's where they'd end up, and they'd be cancelled. It looks like they're going to come in above that number. Not by much, but above it.

I'm still a little surprised that they're rushing to renew. I mean, you have to in order to lock up the actors, but.. Let's be honest.. Goodman and Metcalf are about the only ones who might get other work.

I think I've finally yanked the cord.. I watched the first few minutes of Tuesday's episode last night (I forgot it was on Tuesday) and that's it.

I do think I saw on Hulu tho that they're on hiatus until January.. Don't think that will do the ratings any favors.. Not a fan of this move in any way. Complained about Manifest doing this.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:43 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Watched it last Tuesday. Awful, just awful. No rhyme or reason why this show is still on TV.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:23 PM

6,420 posts, read 4,917,410 times
Network TV has long since run out of ideas. Reboots, retreads and sequels ad nauseum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV