Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:40 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times

Advertisements

I put this in the spinoff thread but figured we could use this as a new thread for the show

Quote:

Roseanne Spinoff The Conners Ordered to Series at ABC, to Premiere This Fall

Don’t put that old couch in storage just yet: ABC has officially ordered a spinoff of the cancelled Roseanne revival, TVLine has learned — but without any involvement by original star Roseanne Barr.

The spinoff — tentatively titled The Conners — has received a 10-episode straight-to-series order, and is set to premiere this fall in Roseanne‘s former Tuesdays-at-8/7c timeslot. (No premiere date has been announced.) The show will not include Barr, whose racist tweet led to last month’s stunning cancellation. But the rest of the Roseanne cast will return, including Sara Gilbert (Darlene), John Goodman (Dan), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Lecy Goranson (Becky) and Michael Fishman (Michael). Executive producer Tom Werner and showrunner Bruce Helford will return as well.
https://tvline.com/2018/06/21/rosean...lbert-darlene/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 11:38 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I will probably tune in for an episode or two, which I never did for the original, as I can't stomach Rosanne. But then I am odd, I only watched 2 & half men once Sheen got tiger blood fired, the publicity made me aware of it, so I like Ashton in the role, as he was the only one I knew.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:19 AM

861 posts, read 1,147,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I will probably tune in for an episode or two, which I never did for the original, as I can't stomach Rosanne. But then I am odd, I only watched 2 & half men once Sheen got tiger blood fired, the publicity made me aware of it, so I like Ashton in the role, as he was the only one I knew.
Would you please translate the last sentence into English? I have no clue whar you are trying to say.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:48 PM

356 posts, read 281,797 times
I'd check it out. Roseanne was my least favorite character.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:50 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
Would you please translate the last sentence into English? I have no clue whar you are trying to say.
I only watched 2 & 1/2 men once Sheen was fired & went on his tiger blood rants & raves, so I only knew Ashton in the role, & enjoyed him in it.

eta: It was all the crazy publicity, that Sheen generated, made me tune in.

I hope that is comprehensible for you. Whar!!!

Last edited by evening sun; 06-23-2018 at 02:26 PM..

Old 06-23-2018, 02:08 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
I think every sit com needs a main character to hold things together and pave the way for the show to go. I don't think Darlene is right for this, nor Dan, nor Jackie. I truly believe this attempt will flop before it even has a chance. JMHO

Old 06-23-2018, 02:31 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,028 posts, read 6,545,870 times
No thanks. The Rosanne taint will keep me away.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:34 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
I think every sit com needs a main character to hold things together and pave the way for the show to go. I don't think Darlene is right for this, nor Dan, nor Jackie. I truly believe this attempt will flop before it even has a chance. JMHO
Agree, the Darlene character is not strong enough to carry the show....
it might succeed with an already built in base of Roseanne show fans but I doubt it.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:58 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Can't Roseanne be forgiven? She said some words that were hurtful. She has apologized several times. Others have done and said far worse thru the years. People forgive and go on. I feel the Media or whomever wanted Roseanne ruined. It never had to reach the level it went to.
It actually was childish, and America has become completely self righteous. The woman the comment was made about, should have accepted the apology. If it were me. I never would have wanted 200 people losing their job, because I was insulted by one person.
The new show will pull in the viewers initially. Without Roseanne I doubt it will survive.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:32 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Can't Roseanne be forgiven?<snip>
Just a gentle suggestion... let's keep this thread to discussion of the actual show, and all the talk & rumors related to it. There are a couple other threads where "The Event" can be, and has been, discussed ad infinitum. It would be nice if this thread didn't devolve into that thread.

Just my .02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV