Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 09:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I can’t really say why, but I’ve always been drawn to the “tortured soul” characters on TV shows... meaning those with some kind of inner turmoil, like a drug/alcohol addiction, mental health issues, or even just a bad-but-charming personality type. Examples: Dr. House, Nurse Jackie, Tony Soprano, Walter White & Pinkman, Alan from Boston Legal, Lucifer, Jack from Lost (or his Charlie character from PO5), etc.

Anyway, the point of this is that I’m kinda desperate for a “new” (to me) show to sink my teeth into - and I think what’s missing from the ones I’ve tried so far is a character like those. A few websites mentioned Sherlock as a companion/inspiration for House MD, but I’ve had trouble getting into that one. Any other suggestions? Preferably with at least 3 full seasons, and one that falls under the drama/dramedy genre.

FYI: I do streaming only, but have access to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Tubi TV; also know how to use a few “creative” sources, so there isn’t much I can’t find.
Bill Pullman (a police detective - Ambrose) in The Sinner plays a tortured character. The good news is, even if you missed Season One, you should still be able to watch Season Two without any problem because each season is a different story (similar to the way American Horror Story operates). It's on USA and Season Two starts on August 1. Not sure what time but if I had to guess I'd say 10:00P. Check that day to find time. It's a limited episode series.

But do try to catch Season One, too.

The Sinner TV Show - Watch Full Episodes | USA Network

Everything We Can Tell You About The Sinner So Far | Blog | USA Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV