Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 12:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,486,565 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but many woman who claim to have been sexually harassed at some point can't seem to think beyond themselves, beyond their circumstances. They want to hang Dan because he's a man... and because somebody accused him.

It's a GAME SHOW, for crying out loud. Everybody on it lies to get ahead. This particular game show loved to be in the limelight. Apparently Dan is expendable to a couple low-life female players.

Now America's women have jumped onto the band wagon too. Shame on you! You have people in this forum asking you to slow down, take a breath and not react badly to a game show that isn't giving you actual facts, but nope, you refuse to do it because you were once "sexually harassed". Pitiful. I have nothing but disgust for this type of behavior. It isn't who we are in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 12:20 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,981 times
I'm not on either side, there aren't enough facts to judge all of this, we only see what they want us to.

That said, how many of you on the anti-dan side are willing to vote for Joe Biden come Primary day?

Can't wait for this season to wrap up. It had such promise early on but has since fizzled. I'll even be happy to see a re-tread season next just to get the taste of this one off my palate.

The BR/SD aspect has been so ho-hum... and here I thought they would be the reason this season would blow...

Old 12-12-2019, 12:46 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,620,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm sorry, but many woman who claim to have been sexually harassed at some point can't seem to think beyond themselves, beyond their circumstances. They want to hang Dan because he's a man... and because somebody accused him.

It's a GAME SHOW, for crying out loud. Everybody on it lies to get ahead. This particular game show loved to be in the limelight. Apparently Dan is expendable to a couple low-life female players.

Now America's women have jumped onto the band wagon too. Shame on you! You have people in this forum asking you to slow down, take a breath and not react badly to a game show that isn't giving you actual facts, but nope, you refuse to do it because you were once "sexually harassed". Pitiful. I have nothing but disgust for this type of behavior. It isn't who we are in America.

You gotta wonder about the men who are arguing here so vehemently that Dan didn't do anything bad. Wonder how THEY behave around pretty young women? It's pretty clear to me that they're in denial about their own behavior.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:15 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,240,391 times
I'm not judging either since I only see what is edited for our view on tv but I am wondering if this is leading to future Survivor having segregated women/men camps led by Sandra and Rob. I sense a change and Rob and Sandra are somehow in the mix.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:52 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Let me state something - I've been on the receiving end of sexual harassment by a male boss back in the 70's. He actually came into the hospital drunk and snuck up on me and kissed me. That is sexual harassment - but the guy was drunk - I set him in his place and told him I'd report him the next time - I took control of the situation and put him in his place.

Since then I've been in contact with men like Dan, who some may feel encroach on a woman's space. I do not fear these men because these gestures are innocent and actually done without indecent thoughts. They are meant to comfort or in jest. Unfortunately, some people are sensitive to them - so that person needs to speak up. Just as I'd want someone to speak up if I did something that they were offended by. I've come up and rubbed someone's shoulders if they were rubbing their neck, grabbed a guy's bicep if he was talking about how strong he is and slapped a guy's butt in jest. No harm was meant and no offense taken. It's only the recent me movement and the "personal space" crowd that have a problem with it but not enough guts to actually approach the person who is making them uncomfortable.

Again - it's edited - we have no idea what the other side of the coin is and if there were previous problems - Dan should never have been allowed to participate - then again maybe they better ask if anyone has a problem with personal space as it's Survivor - you are going to have to touch another person in this game at one point or another.
Sure, it can be done in jest or in good fun, usually with friends or family, but most people don't want strangers feeling up on them. Kellee did tell him to stop, more than once, and gave plenty of cues such as jerking away from him when he tried to touch her, that should have given him an actual clue that she was uncomfortable. His lack of awareness doesn't give him freedom to continue on as if everything is all cool.

You can make it out like the women are the ones with the problem if you want, but the very simple fix is for men to stop touching women that don't want to be touched. You talk of the "personal space crowd" as if they are some weird, fringe bunch. Most people like their personal space, and don't want certain people invading it. This isn't weird, it's normal. Telling people to just get over it is part of the problem, and why men think they can just touch women, and why this whole ""movement" started in the first place.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Are you serious? People like you are the problem, and why this whole thing has blown up the way it has. You blame the women for speaking up instead of the men who caused the problem in the first place. If you haven't seen the "actual facts" of what he did to begin with, then you didn't watch very closely. They had more than one episode where Kellee was complaining that he wouldn't keep his hands off of her, and showed him doing it to Elizabeth as well.

So again, you can blame the women who speak up and say they are selfish, liars, hate men if you want, that's your right. Just know that you are part of the problem to begin with, and part of the reason women rarely actually report harassment to begin with.

But please, do go on about how those of us who have been sexually harassed should just sit down and shut up, and how advocating for men to keep their hands to themselves is "disgusting". It just proves what women go through on a daily basis in this country.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:03 PM

2,066 posts, read 903,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
The BR/SD aspect has been so ho-hum... and here I thought they would be the reason this season would blow...

Me too! (no pun intended). They annoyed me quite a bit at the beginning but around half-way through the season their whispered tribal council remarks have been pretty informative/enlightening and add, rather than detract. "Dean is stretching and flexing" (Rawb) LOL.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:30 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,074,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Sure, it can be done in jest or in good fun, usually with friends or family, but most people don't want strangers feeling up on them. Kellee did tell him to stop, more than once, and gave plenty of cues such as jerking away from him when he tried to touch her, that should have given him an actual clue that she was uncomfortable. His lack of awareness doesn't give him freedom to continue on as if everything is all cool.

You can make it out like the women are the ones with the problem if you want, but the very simple fix is for men to stop touching women that don't want to be touched. You talk of the "personal space crowd" as if they are some weird, fringe bunch. Most people like their personal space, and don't want certain people invading it. This isn't weird, it's normal. Telling people to just get over it is part of the problem, and why men think they can just touch women, and why this whole ""movement" started in the first place.
My gal friend in my apt building is like this. I'm a hugger but she told me early on that she wasn't due to having been in abusive relationship that went on for far too long. She knew I wasn't a sexual threat (i'm gay) but she just needed to have her personal space respected. So now when we see each other, we fist bump and its all good.

This older gal on the floor above me, is a hugger and a cheek kisser and thats how we greet each other. She even tried to coax me into getting in bed with her to cuddle. I leaned into her and said "unless you can morph into a young Ed Harris, aint happening." We both laughed and had a drink.

Listen and read the cues fellas. Not that hard.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:45 PM

30,675 posts, read 18,295,618 times
Body contact with others isn't inherently sexual and can be affectionate. I don't know what Dan's case was, and nor does anyone else in this tread.

I do find it interesting that there are numerous women on the show who admitted to lying about Dan making them feel uncomfortable in an effort to "play the game" That is a damn disgrace.

I'm curious to know if this was a case of two allegations of misconduct (or two warnings) and you're out, or whether the cause for removal had sufficient evidence to support the action

Note, even if touching is affectionate vs. sexual, its still not ok to do so if it is unwanted touching. Period. But the intent and kind of touching does make a big difference.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
My gal friend in my apt building is like this. I'm a hugger but she told me early on that she wasn't due to having been in abusive relationship that went on for far too long. She knew I wasn't a sexual threat (i'm gay) but she just needed to have her personal space respected. So now when we see each other, we fist bump and its all good.

This older gal on the floor above me, is a hugger and a cheek kisser and thats how we greet each other. She even tried to coax me into getting in bed with her to cuddle. I leaned into her and said "unless you can morph into a young Ed Harris, aint happening." We both laughed and had a drink.

Listen and read the cues fellas. Not that hard.
Exactly right! I have friends and family on both ends, and no one ever has any issues, because we all respect each others boundaries. It really isn't that hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV