Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 12:12 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,277,220 times

Advertisements

As an aside, Derrick Levasseur, winner of BB 16, has done well for himself since winning. He is the star of a true crime series called "Breaking Homicide" on the ID channel. It's his second season but the guy who used to be with him is gone. That guy did nothing anyway. Pretty good for a Central Falls, RI detective! I didn't like the show last year but with just Derrick alone, I am enjoying it this year.

Dr. Will, Mike Boogie and now Derrick have done well from BB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 12:30 AM

22,545 posts, read 12,125,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
As an aside, Derrick Levasseur, winner of BB 16, has done well for himself since winning. He is the star of a true crime series called "Breaking Homicide" on the ID channel. It's his second season but the guy who used to be with him is gone. That guy did nothing anyway. Pretty good for a Central Falls, RI detective! I didn't like the show last year but with just Derrick alone, I am enjoying it this year.

Dr. Will, Mike Boogie and now Derrick have done well from BB.
I didn't get to watch Derrick's show last season since we didn't have the ID channel. Now that we have it, I've been watching and enjoying it.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:41 PM

19,773 posts, read 10,219,206 times
Kill big brother already. Boring.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:56 PM

2,944 posts, read 2,011,074 times
Just noticed that on Monday, the 17th, starting at 11 AM ET CBS All-Access is going to have a livestream to introduce the contestants. I work from home so will be able to watch it.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:28 PM

Was so focused on work I forgot to start watching the interviews at 11 AM. Caught one in the middle of the interview, a girl named Cami, who is going to be an interesting houseguest. Seems engaging with an interesting personality but she may be someone who stirs things up a bit.

Before the next interview I watched one of the first four, a girl named Analyse. She just graduated college and was a soccer player. Said she wants to lay low like Kaycee did last year but said she'll probably be more like Angela because they are both athletic and competitive.

Watched the next Houseguest being interviewed live, a middle-aged petroleum engineer from Texas wearing a cowboy hat. Said he had a lot of interesting stories to tell. Another engaging contestant but will probably get voted off early due to his age.

Edits: Next interview, a truck driver named Sam Smith who is married and has at least one kid. Can't tell if he'll bore the other HGs to death or if he'll be a little zany. Has kind of a funny voice and comes across as good natured.

Got bored with the truck driver's interview so checked out another one, Christie Murphy. She's an emotional girl and a little goofy. Was wiping away tears at the start of the interview. Hope she doesn't wear that annoying nose ring all summer. I do like the fact the contestants all seem to be good communicators that I've seen so far.

I missed many more interviews than I realized. The only had four set up on the bottom of the page so thought they may have started late. No, they just aren't up yet. I watched the last interview, a girl named Nicole. Described herself as a loud New Yorker. Is a nerd and a bright one. Said she was top of her class in both high school and college. Very thin and energetic. Surprised they still only have four of the interviews on the bottom of the page. Will have to watch the rest later.

Last edited by OhioJB; 06-17-2019 at 01:05 PM..

Old 06-17-2019, 07:02 PM

Correction: The girl I said was Cami is Kemi. Sounded like Cami when they were talking. Hoping she wont be a female version of Swaggy C from last season. She said she has a hard time not speaking her opinion and will have to be careful, same thing he said in his interview.

I've watched a couple more of the interviews and I already have a favorite, Holly Allen. Fellas, you're going to like her. She's from Wyoming, pretty with a nice personality. Reminds me of some of the women I met in Montana when I lived there. Acts like a lady yet is a strong woman. She's the only one so far that I've seen that said she'd rather lose and have America love her than win and have them hate her. Her reasoning was she wants to be a daughter and a mother (to her dog) worthy of being loved.

Three (now four!) of the women I've seen so far said they were going to miss their dog when asked what they'll miss most. Have to wonder if the producers are already playing their games.

Too much to do around here to watch the rest of the interviews tonight. I have seen two more, Ovi & Kathryn. We'll see but I was more impressed with some of the others. Kathryn joked that she might be the first one evicted.

Edit: There will be 16 Houseguests.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:02 PM

44,709 posts, read 61,914,903 times
^^^Too add on...here's the photos, bios etal of the new contestants.
https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-season...455367#6455367

Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM

841 posts, read 559,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
^^^Too add on...here's the photos, bios etal of the new contestants.
https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-season...455367#6455367
Oh, geez. Those bios scare me. Lots of instant dislikes just based off those.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,277,220 times
I can see no more BB in my future tv viewing. I finally outgrew it. Funny how that can happen.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:56 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,621,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Correction: The girl I said was Cami is Kemi. Sounded like Cami when they were talking. Hoping she wont be a female version of Swaggy C from last season. She said she has a hard time not speaking her opinion and will have to be careful, same thing he said in his interview.

I've watched a couple more of the interviews and I already have a favorite, Holly Allen. Fellas, you're going to like her. She's from Wyoming, pretty with a nice personality. Reminds me of some of the women I met in Montana when I lived there. Acts like a lady yet is a strong woman. She's the only one so far that I've seen that said she'd rather lose and have America love her than win and have them hate her. Her reasoning was she wants to be a daughter and a mother (to her dog) worthy of being loved.

Three (now four!) of the women I've seen so far said they were going to miss their dog when asked what they'll miss most. Have to wonder if the producers are already playing their games.

Too much to do around here to watch the rest of the interviews tonight. I have seen two more, Ovi & Kathryn. We'll see but I was more impressed with some of the others. Kathryn joked that she might be the first one evicted.

Edit: There will be 16 Houseguests.
Yea, I'm going to be honest... Holly, I already dislike. She dated some dude from the bachelor/bachelorette, was a "singer/songwriter", and has never watched the show before.... She is obviously a "recruit", and is there looking for fame.... People like her are why BB has gone downhill over the years. She isn't there to play the game, or to win, she is there to be popular, and gain Instagram followers so she can be an "influencer" or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV