Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 05:14 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,279,004 times

Advertisements

Some of the people invited to join the alliance didn't seem too devoted to it. If someone unexpectedly invites you into an alliance, you certainly don't turn them down, but I don't expect it to survive in tact. It's too early. These people haven't built trust yet. I don't think Jackson and Aquaman will hold it together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 06:53 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,249,245 times
It's the Christie and Tommy prior-house-connection bond that I'm watching.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:06 PM

2,944 posts, read 2,014,728 times
Today was the first day I've watched much of the live feed. Since we didn't start a spoiler thread this year I wont share much except to say it was a day with plenty of game talk, and everyone outside enjoying the sun with some enjoying use the small pool.

My initial thoughts of a couple of the house guests were way off when I judged from the couple of interviews I saw before the season started. Early in the game Holly hasn't been as strong of a player as I thought she'd be and I barely notice her. Thought the young guys would like her, but that prize definitely goes to Analyse. Wow. If you watched the live feeds today you'll know what I'm talking about. Beauty and sweetness. Ironic since she claimed to be a competitive, confrontational person. Being one of the youngest if not the youngest HG, she's let the older ones run the house so far that I've seen. It is part of her strategy but I don't think she's the type who would want to be confrontational with them. She is definitely worthy of being a swimsuit model, or a model for virtually anything.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:25 PM

19,801 posts, read 10,233,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
The real question is If Big Brother is so boring, why are you so compelled to comment on it at leat 2 times so far in this thread alone? Sounds like a personal problem.
Because they could put something interesting on instead.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:49 PM

447 posts, read 210,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Today was the first day I've watched much of the live feed. Since we didn't start a spoiler thread this year I wont share much except to say it was a day with plenty of game talk, and everyone outside enjoying the sun with some enjoying use the small pool.

My initial thoughts of a couple of the house guests were way off when I judged from the couple of interviews I saw before the season started. Early in the game Holly hasn't been as strong of a player as I thought she'd be and I barely notice her. Thought the young guys would like her, but that prize definitely goes to Analyse. Wow. If you watched the live feeds today you'll know what I'm talking about. Beauty and sweetness. Ironic since she claimed to be a competitive, confrontational person. Being one of the youngest if not the youngest HG, she's let the older ones run the house so far that I've seen. It is part of her strategy but I don't think she's the type who would want to be confrontational with them. She is definitely worthy of being a swimsuit model, or a model for virtually anything.
Is Analiese the dark haired soccer player? Quite a stunner. I know Jackson was drooling.

So the aquaman lookalike? Not my type but I think he looks better than Jason Mamoa.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:18 PM

2,944 posts, read 2,014,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Is Analiese the dark haired soccer player? Quite a stunner. I know Jackson was drooling.

So the aquaman lookalike? Not my type but I think he looks better than Jason Mamoa.
Yes, Analyse is the soccer player with long dark hair and a sweet voice. She's the one they refer to as 'Sis'. That's the name her family uses for her so the HGs decided to use it also. Running all those miles practicing and playing soccer has definitely helped her stay in great shape.

Jack is the one people think looks like 'Aquaman', lol. Jason is much more impressive in my view. He was great in Stargate Atlantis. Jack is a bully, had two of the girls crying in the house yesterday. I don't see him lasting many weeks, he can't keep from being very direct in an intimidating way towards other HGs.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:28 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,039,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Kill big brother already. Boring.
We get it - you don't like the show. You want something more interesting? Maybe try the 8000 shows on other channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I can see no more BB in my future tv viewing. I finally outgrew it. Funny how that can happen.
That's how I felt last year so the first time since it started, I didn't watch. But then, this year, I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and the live feeds are amusing (sort of, they need to pick it up) so I'm giving it a try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yea, I'm going to be honest... Holly, I already dislike. She dated some dude from the bachelor/bachelorette, was a "singer/songwriter", and has never watched the show before.... She is obviously a "recruit", and is there looking for fame.... People like her are why BB has gone downhill over the years. She isn't there to play the game, or to win, she is there to be popular, and gain Instagram followers so she can be an "influencer" or whatever.
She's kind of a dud - not to be rude, I'm sure she's ok, but her closest alliance is Sis. She's in the bigger alliance of 8 but she just "goes along" for now. I heard somewhere that she's never in any convos because she's always sleeping. And btw, this is a little rude, but she looks WAY different without makeup. Not that it matters but wow, what a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post

Sis is stunning, probably the most beautiful woman in the house. And she seems pretty sweet. I absolutely hate it when they get rid of someone outside of the eviction process. Poor David. I sure hope he gets another chance as Julie suggested he might. He seemed normal and nice. I think they do this to get "sides" and controversy going right off the bat, just in case they're boring in the beginning. Still hate it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Because they could put something interesting on instead.
Or, as you've probably figured out, you can change the channel. It's clear you're not interested...

I just wanted to say that before the 3rd episode, I pretty much liked everyone. Damn those feeds though - I won't give away any spoilers but I don't care for a few folks. The part that's so irritating and so BB is when the hamsters (Jack/Jackson) think that everyone will do what they say because they told them to do it. And then people like Christie actually get mad because someone was playing the game and it didn't jibe with her game plan. OMG, the horror, playing your own game - the nerve.

My faves are Jessica, Sis, Cliff, Tommy - maybe Nick and Sam (they're playing hard but Sam is NOT in the alliance and I don't think he knows it) - I sort of like Bella but she's super cutthroat so it'll be interesting to see if she sticks with the other popular boys. At this point, I think I know their plan so I think I know when they're lying to certain people, but after last night, I'm a little confused. I'm hooked again though dammit!

Old 07-01-2019, 02:09 PM

447 posts, read 210,323 times
I really hope that 8 person alliance doesn't dominate the first half of the season because thats exactly what happened last season and I hated it. They string people along (Ovi) so they remain in power. Hope there are some cracks in that alliance and it blows up.

I do like that Ovi got the power but if he feels safe, he might not even use it.

So Jack is a bully eh? Well thats no surprise. Those alpha males on this show tend to be that way. Hope they expose that side of him because I dont watch the feeds and had no idea.

Should be interesting to see how David might get back in the game. If he does, that will change the game big time as he might the one to rally the others who aren't in an alliance to go up against Jack and Michie?

Old 07-01-2019, 02:40 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,622,825 times
Quote:
I really hope that 8 person alliance doesn't dominate the first half of the season because thats exactly what happened last season and I hated it. They string people along (Ovi) so they remain in power. Hope there are some cracks in that alliance and it blows up.

I do like that Ovi got the power but if he feels safe, he might not even use it.

So Jack is a bully eh? Well thats no surprise. Those alpha males on this show tend to be that way. Hope they expose that side of him because I dont watch the feeds and had no idea.

Should be interesting to see how David might get back in the game. If he does, that will change the game big time as he might the one to rally the others who aren't in an alliance to go up against Jack and Michie?
If you are watching the live feeds, Jack is not a very good/nice person at all. Definitely misjudged that moron....

Old 07-02-2019, 09:01 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,039,369 times
Quote:

Well, I don't want to tell too much - but I do believe there are HUGE cracks! I don't know how CBS will air it on their shows (feeding us a little at a time for dramatic effect haha ) but I think some of the "lesser" members of the alliance are feeling the strain of such a large alliance where only 2-3 people are making the decisions and telling everyone else what to do. I guess we'll find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
If you are watching the live feeds, Jack is not a very good/nice person at all. Definitely misjudged that moron....
ME, TOO! I thought, ok, he doesn't seem to be completely full of himself and he seems nice enough, but then dang, I saw him talking about some other hamsters in a completely non-game, crappy way. Getting very personal - which really doesn't have much use in strategy. And also, he thinks that life should just go his way because hasn't it always??? Same thing with Jackson (Michie). Plus, he's sort of crushing on Sis (who wouldn't haha) and that whole Showmance thing is setting people off. Other people are noticing. So far Michie/Cat and supposedly Nick/Bella have hooked up - but trying to keep low key. HOW, I'd like to know. And then Sis and Jack - I think she's a good girl and knows she's on TV. Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV