Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:07 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,998,309 times

Advertisements

After watching all of the interviews I believe it's a good cast. We wont know until they start interacting with each other, but I was more impressed with these interviews than I was with some of the ones from last year. Btw, the introduction interviews can be found on Youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yea, I'm going to be honest... Holly, I already dislike. She dated some dude from the bachelor/bachelorette, was a "singer/songwriter", and has never watched the show before.... She is obviously a "recruit", and is there looking for fame.... People like her are why BB has gone downhill over the years. She isn't there to play the game, or to win, she is there to be popular, and gain Instagram followers so she can be an "influencer" or whatever.
You're right, a lot of contestants get recruited. I recall the young lady from Survivor that passed away, Jenn Lyon, said she was in a nightclub in L.A. when a reality show recruiting agent approached her after her friends left the table. She told him she wouldn't go on any of the dating shows but would be interested in something else. Too bad for the people who spend years and money applying for these shows and never get on, yet others are simply recruited.

After watching Holly's interview a second time I think my praise was a little much the first time but I do still like her. Most of the cast is good in my opinion. Just don't see how the middle-aged petroleum engineer is going to last. The first HoH will probably put him up thinking he's an easy target.

Edit: I do have to disagree about the show going downhill. Season 19 was a disaster regarding casting, season 20 was much better and this season has the potential to be even better. I wasn't going to renew my CBS All-access subscription but I'm now considering it. I think it'll be a fun season to watch the live feeds. My problem with BB is how much the producers get involved, including telling the contestants what to say at times.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:32 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,614,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You're right, a lot of contestants get recruited. I recall the young lady from Survivor that passed away, Jenn Lyon, said she was in a nightclub in L.A. when a reality show recruiting agent approached her after her friends left the table. She told him she wouldn't go on any of the dating shows but would be interested in something else. Too bad for the people who spend years and money applying for these shows and never get on, yet others are simply recruited.
Exactly. It is the main complaint people have with the show. They started doing the recruiting stuff around season 15 if I remember correctly, and coincidentally, that is when it started going downhill for me. There are, literally thousands of people who would love to be on the show, and they can't find a full cast of those? They have to go and recruit someone instead? It's terrible.

Quote:
After watching Holly's interview a second time I think my praise was a little much the first time but I do still like her. Most of the cast is good in my opinion. Just don't see how the middle-aged petroleum engineer is going to last. The first HoH will probably put him up thinking he's an easy target.
Agreed. They will likely make him a target early on, because he's the older guy who probably won't make any close bonds right at the beginning.

Quote:
Edit: I do have to disagree about the show going downhill. Season 19 was a disaster regarding casting, season 20 was much better and this season has the potential to be even better. I wasn't going to renew my CBS All-access subscription but I'm now considering it. I think it'll be a fun season to watch the live feeds. My problem with BB is how much the producers get involved, including telling the contestants what to say at times.
And you are certainly free to disagree, and I won't argue with you about it. Everyone perceives things differently. For me, somewhere around season 14-15 it started going downhill. There have been a lot more people on the more recent seasons who have no clue how the game works, and no interest in actually winning. Their interest lies in becoming famous, or becoming an "influencer", or being loved by America. For me, that makes things much less interesting.

I mean, look at the winner of every season. Would you rank any of the last 5-6 (other than Derrick, who was an awesome player), in the top 10 winners? Like I said, just my $.02, and if someone disagrees wholeheartedly, that's fine. To each their own.

I am worried about this season, because it looks like several of the HG's were recruits, and know absolutely nothing about the game.

Old 06-24-2019, 03:21 AM

Watching Jeff interview this girl, Analyse Talvera, I thought she'd be a boring houseguest. After watching this one she did with ET Canada I'm thinking she may end up being one that causes trouble. Originally I thought Kemi was the one to watch to stir things up but this girl enjoys confrontation. https://youtu.be/rmOXRGlFxSE

Old 06-24-2019, 07:39 PM

A very short video of Julie showing a little of three bedrooms in the house. I don't mind the theme but the design could have been better. Some people may not want to know what it is yet so I'll just add the link. https://youtu.be/ZBLwNukQAnU

Old 06-24-2019, 08:02 PM

19,737 posts, read 10,173,766 times
Why is this boring show still on?

Old 06-24-2019, 10:33 PM

44,664 posts, read 61,759,412 times
Quote:
A very short video of Julie showing a little of three bedrooms in the house. I don't mind the theme but the design could have been better. Some people may not want to know what it is yet so I'll just add the link. https://youtu.be/ZBLwNukQAnU
Thanks for the link. I can see now some memory games will more than likely be played. House guests listen up if you know what I mean.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:14 PM

Missed this one the other day. A little longer clip, over three minutes, of Julie giving a tour of the house. Interesting, but I still wouldn't want to sleep in those beds, with the exception of the HoH room. Have a feeling the houseguests will like the theme a lot at first then grow very, very tired of it.

https://youtu.be/IqJeLTQgXHA

Old 06-25-2019, 04:59 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,242,819 times
Nice, fun theme....and it's 'Bugged'. lol

Old 06-25-2019, 10:28 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,532,150 times
Time to tell Julie to drop the moonves or drop her. She really can easily be replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV