Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 02:55 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times

Advertisements

I know that we all have TV shows that we never had any interest in, but are incredibly popular. TV is subjective so there's going to be a lot that you don't like that others do. BUT I'm talking about the shows that are really successful and on the surface would be up your alley, but you just could never get into them.

For example. I LOVE sitcoms. Especially in the traditional format. Studio audience on a sound stage type show. But I have never been able to get into Big Bang Theory.
I've watched a handful of episodes here and there, just couldn't get into it.

Another one is M*A*S*H* Everyone I know LOVES this show. I never liked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 02:59 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,040 times
Survivor- I am a reality TV loser and those that also involve any kind of contest I am usually double iin, but just have never gotten into this one for some reason

This Is Us- excellent show, but the problem is that I am such a blithering idiot by the time it's over, I cannot wind down and go to bed, so I've only watched it twice; once was on a plane, where I completely embarrassed myself.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Hmmm. For me:

Lost - After the first few episodes of season 1, I was over it.

American Horror Story - The show creeps me out and gives me nightmares. I don't watch it anymore

There's probably more, but that's what comes to mind right now.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:58 PM
KCZ

4,674 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Any reality show. Can't stand them.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:04 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
There are so many:

Big Bang Theory
MASH (I can't even bear to listen the theme song, I immediately reach for the remote)
Lost (I didn't bother after the first couple of seasons)
Walking Dead (Used to love it but how many zombies do we need to see year after year?)
Modern Family
How I Met Your Mother
Game of Thrones

Old 08-27-2019, 04:07 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Walking Dead
Sopranos
American horror story
Game of Thrones
The office

Old 08-27-2019, 04:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Seinfeld - not funny
Every reality show - boring
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Dexter
- don't care for the subject matter
Lost - boring
This is Schmaltz, I mean, This is Us...

Old 08-27-2019, 04:11 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
AMERICAN HORROR STORY. Tried the first episode. Hated it. Never watched more.

MAD MEN. Watched five or six episodes. Hated it. Never watched more.

FAMILY GUY. I do not understand why this painfully un-funny show is so popular.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:30 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Survivor- I am a reality TV loser and those that also involve any kind of contest I am usually double iin, but just have never gotten into this one for some reason

This Is Us- excellent show, but the problem is that I am such a blithering idiot by the time it's over, I cannot wind down and go to bed, so I've only watched it twice; once was on a plane, where I completely embarrassed myself.
This is exactly what I mean. Instead of just listing off popular shows that you don't like, these are shows that you surprisingly don't like because you're into reality competition shows, but can't get into Survivor. And love This Is Us but can't watch it.

BTW the plane story is funny. Recently I was on a plane with my wife and she was watching a comedy and couldn't stop laughing. I know it was embarassing her because she was laughing so hard and so often, I'm sure she would would feel the same way if she had the same reaction you did to This is Us.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:29 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
I had not thought about it until now, but one show immediately jumped out when I read the OP:

Downton Abbey.

I love English history, even took several courses in college that focused on the 19th and 20th centuries. And I think soap operas are my favorite TV show format, having watched them since I was eight or nine years old. You'd think Downton and I would be a match made in heaven. But no, I found it all kind of stilted and predictable in the two or three episodes I saw, and never bothered to check back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV