Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,146 times

Advertisements

Who likes that show? I can't get enough of it, but it annoys me. Does everyone on the planet have to have an "updated" kitchen with the latest appliances, also "crown molding", and "i can cook here and watch everyone in the living room". To funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
I enjoy it although some of the potential buyers irk me. I enjoy just looking at the different homes and seeing architectural designs. The episodes that have people who are looking for a vacation home but they only have a budget of 1.1 million dollars really annoy me. It's like too much in your face with the money flaunting already. I most enjoy the ones in which first time home buyers are looking.
I do admit to chuckling over the ones who gush over stupid things like, "oh look honey-it has a window and it lets in light".......LOL......duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Who likes that show? I can't get enough of it, but it annoys me. Does everyone on the planet have to have an "updated" kitchen with the latest appliances, also "crown molding", and "i can cook here and watch everyone in the living room". To funny.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:06 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,266 times
I like the International Version, i think is cool to see what places look like around the world. Also A show they dont have on alot National Open house, intresting to see how much more or less you get for the same price in diffirent areas.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I enjoy it although some of the potential buyers irk me. I enjoy just looking at the different homes and seeing architectural designs. The episodes that have people who are looking for a vacation home but they only have a budget of 1.1 million dollars really annoy me. It's like too much in your face with the money flaunting already. I most enjoy the ones in which first time home buyers are looking.
I do admit to chuckling over the ones who gush over stupid things like, "oh look honey-it has a window and it lets in light".......LOL......duh

Yea, if i could afford a vacation home, i'd be happy in a little cabin with a couple bedrooms and a little kitchen.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:43 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,757 times
I really like this show, but am getting so tired of the word "spacious" (especially when they use it in almost every room).

I'm a little amazed when people seem to get all of the updating finished within the first few months of moving in.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:05 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times
I enjoy the show but do not like the "vacation home" ones. It is very eye opening when they show the older ones where it was a sellers market and people had to put in outrageous offers immediately or they'd "lose" the house. Wonder how many of those people wish now that they had not been so hasty. I too most enjoy the everyday people looking for a home in everyday towns. I guess because I can relate. I suppose there must be plenty of young couples out there who feel they are getting a "bargain" if they can buy a 2 bedroom house for 500k. I just don't know any of them.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:40 AM

658 posts, read 1,785,160 times
House Hunters used to be good when they showed houses with more character. But now it seems like the same famewhores whose three requirements are 1.) Granite countertops, 2.) Stainless Steel appliances and 3.) Hardwood floors. It's gotten to the point where it's just redundant.

Sorry, but when looking for a home I would concentrate on location, the floorplan of a house and the construction/quality of it. You can put granite, SS and hardwood in any home.

The international episodes are much more entertaining. It's refreshing not to see people whining about a house not have a walk in closet or a double sinks. It also gives a great insight in how people in other countries are able to make do with small spaces.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:18 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,950 times
I prefer the International but I still have watched every episode of this show. I just watch it every day. It's so interesting to me and I feel that I've learned so much about what people are looking for and home prices in different parts of the country.

I am looking to move inthe next 8 mos or so myself so I'm really into it right now. The thing that bugs me is the 'ooo, it's great for entertaining' thing. I know this is a valid point but being a home-body who does little hosting, I always find myself rolling my eyes.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:59 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,432 times
I like the show but sometimes wonder what some of them do for a living to be able to afford some of these houses.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,796 times
I'm with the consensus. I would love to know what kinds of jobs these folks have and how they got them...especially the 20-somethings, since I am one myself and probably wouldn't be able to afford a 6-figure home if I went out to look for one today! I do like the show, though. I would love to see Star Jones do another New York week...I really enjoyed that! House Hunters is one of my favorite shows, as well as National Open House, which has been mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV