Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times

Advertisements

Just when I thought Phyllis had gotten away with it, again ... Christine states no statute of limitations on federal agents.

I'd like to see her do time for her crime. She always manages to lie her way out things. Now she's in a meltdown. Good. I hope she ends up losing everyone. Maybe she'll get a clue that you can't manipulate people into loving you.

Last edited by JGC97; 07-12-2012 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Just when I thought Phyllis had gotten away with it, again ... Christine states no statute of limitations on federal agents.

I'd like to see her do time for her crime. She always manages to lie her way out things. Now she's in a meltdown. Good. I hope she ends up losing everyone. Maybe she'll get a clue that you can't manipulate people into loving you.

LOL, Im glad Im not only one rooting for her demise. She has had this holler than thou attitude for way to long. Im waiting for Nick to dump her for keeping what currently going on from him.

I remember the episodes where Cricket almost got run over back then Phyllis was a real b----. so was Nina back then too, as this around time I started watching and becoming addicted to Y&R.

I think Abbey & Carmine make a cute couple, and more shirtless scenes of him please.
I remember him from the movie 'Eating Out, Sloppy Seconds'

Genoa PD has to be worse police dept. How in world do you not find a butcher knife? It couldnt have fallen to far from Ricky body. I was surprise they killed his character so soon though.

Also I love how the DA (Micheal) and ADA (Heather) just openly discuss things with other cast members when it should be police info only.

Cable was out for the last two days due to storms at least Im able to catch up today.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM

Wow, Sunny! You're a long time viewer. I've been watching the show for last three years so I'm not that knowledgeable about their past. I never liked Phyllis, though. She seems too pushy and just downright mean, if things don't go the way she wants. She's sneaky and deceitful and has no problem lying to people if it works in her favor. The fact that she's in trouble now just makes me giggle.

Laughing at your comment about the police. I mean c'mon! How the people of Genoa City know so much about the investigations, is comical. The police have loose lips and loose lips sink ships.

I'm with ya on the Abby/Carmine match. They are adorable together. Abby needs someone to keep her reigned in. I think Carmine could be the right one to do that. I hope they expand on that relationship. It's a good one!

Isn't that the nice thing about SOAPs. The power can go out for days and you'll still be up to speed the next time you tune in.

Now that Sharon isn't the entire focus of the show, I'm watching more. Don't know what it is about that woman but she annoys the heck out of me. I think it's because of her flip flopping between Nick and Adam. I'm glad they both dumped her. The look on her face (when she realizes they just don't give a flying fig about her) is priceless!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Wow, Sunny! You're a long time viewer.
I've been watching it longer than both of you combined. LOL

I've watched it from the very beginning, I might even have watched the very first episode. I was a young stay at home mom back then, with a newborn, and I remember Snapper and Jill and Phillip Chancellor Sr. and the very alcoholic Kay. I remember when Jill was pregnant with Phillip and my next door neighbor in the cul-de-sac (also a young stay at home mom) and I had rather involved discussions about whether Jill and the baby would stay on the show - my neighbor thought the show didn't have room for a baby, since the show's title is The Young and the Restless.

Sometimes life has gotten in the way and I've missed periods of time in Genoa City. In fact, when I moved up here, I could only get one channel (an ABC affiliate) - even before the big switchover - and it was several years before I figured out I could watch it on-line.

I also remember a very young Paul. Even though he was a bit of a rabble rouser in his younger days, I remember him as always being a good guy and I absolutely hate seeing him suffering like he is.

If you think the GC police department is lame, you haven't seen the keystone cops over in Port Charles (General Hospital)! Holy moly! The PCPD makes the GCPD look like geniuses!

I agree about Phyllis. She's always been a manipulative beetch and a while back, when she was bedding Ronan and working on taking Lucy away from Billy and Victoria, I wanted to KILL her!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Love your post, Cinebar! You are definitely my "go-to" person when I have a question. Really enjoyed reading your history with the show. And isn't it nice that we now have the "net" where we can share? Yes. It is!

Now, about today's show. I just wanted to cry when Paul was talking about the father's day card he received from Ricky, years ago. Very poignant moment. It was at that point, Ricky changed. Now that's good television. Kudos to the writers on that one Loved the scene today between Nikki and Victor, though. I was waiting for them to kiss after after their up close and personal shouting match. As Nikki said, "a lot of pent up energy." I know what that means.

I haven't watched GH in decades. Fact is, I haven't watched any of the shows until I retired. Now that I have time, I do enjoy a couple of them, though. I read that GH brought over the writers from OLTL and now the show isn't doing so well in the ratings. A show is only as good as the writers and if OLTL was canceled, it's puzzling why GH would hire the same writers. Doesn't make sense.

It's fun to dish about the shows, though. Like I said, we have the "net" to share with others.

Can't wait to see Phyllis unravel completely, too.

Have a great weekend!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:03 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I've been watching it longer than both of you combined. LOL

I've watched it from the very beginning, I might even have watched the very first episode. I was a young stay at home mom back then, with a newborn, and I remember Snapper and Jill and Phillip Chancellor Sr. and the very alcoholic Kay. I remember when Jill was pregnant with Phillip and my next door neighbor in the cul-de-sac (also a young stay at home mom) and I had rather involved discussions about whether Jill and the baby would stay on the show - my neighbor thought the show didn't have room for a baby, since the show's title is The Young and the Restless.

Sometimes life has gotten in the way and I've missed periods of time in Genoa City. In fact, when I moved up here, I could only get one channel (an ABC affiliate) - even before the big switchover - and it was several years before I figured out I could watch it on-line.

I also remember a very young Paul. Even though he was a bit of a rabble rouser in his younger days, I remember him as always being a good guy and I absolutely hate seeing him suffering like he is.

If you think the GC police department is lame, you haven't seen the keystone cops over in Port Charles (General Hospital)! Holy moly! The PCPD makes the GCPD look like geniuses!

I agree about Phyllis. She's always been a manipulative beetch and a while back, when she was bedding Ronan and working on taking Lucy away from Billy and Victoria, I wanted to KILL her!
I"ve been watching since 1976, my ex was in the army, i was pregnant with my firstborn and we were stationed at Fort Bragg.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Quote:
Love your post, Cinebar! You are definitely my "go-to" person when I have a question. Really enjoyed reading your history with the show. And isn't it nice that we now have the "net" where we can share? Yes. It is!

Now, about today's show. I just wanted to cry when Paul was talking about the father's day card he received from Ricky, years ago. Very poignant moment. It was at that point, Ricky changed. Now that's good television. Kudos to the writers on that one Loved the scene today between Nikki and Victor, though. I was waiting for them to kiss after after their up close and personal shouting match. As Nikki said, "a lot of pent up energy." I know what that means.

I haven't watched GH in decades. Fact is, I haven't watched any of the shows until I retired. Now that I have time, I do enjoy a couple of them, though. I read that GH brought over the writers from OLTL and now the show isn't doing so well in the ratings. A show is only as good as the writers and if OLTL was canceled, it's puzzling why GH would hire the same writers. Doesn't make sense.

It's fun to dish about the shows, though. Like I said, we have the "net" to share with others.

Can't wait to see Phyllis unravel completely, too.

Have a great weekend!
I feel for Paul he has a messed up family.

Nikki said that to Victor not even realizing Sharon listening in too. As Nikki was about to exit the door and show ending He told her to wait he needs to tell her something.. so I hope this show isnt going to do usual cycle and return past loves together.

I can see Victor swooning Nikki back so Jack doesn't marry her and I can see Nick leaving Phyllis to go back to Sharon.

As long as they let Abby and Carmine & Adam & Chelsea create loving relationship Im ok.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 PM

There are big gaps in my Y&R history, that's for sure!

For instance, I wasn't watching when Adam came to town and I missed out on all that drama (which I've picked up bits and pieces about). So, I tend to be probably more sympathetic to him than most and have felt kind of like he's been picked on because I missed out on the really evil Adam.

I also wasn't watching when Jill found out that Lauren is her sister and I think I was just watching it sporadically during the time they thought that Kay was Jill's mother.

And I wasn't watching it when either Cane or Ronan were introduced and I'm still rather confused about some of that story line and the role Nina played.

As for General Hospital - they've brought a few characters over from OLTL: Star, John McBain, and Todd Manning (also Tea Delgado, briefly). I never watched OLTL, so this has been my introduction to those characters and I actually like what they've brought to the show.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I"ve been watching since 1976, my ex was in the army, i was pregnant with my firstborn and we were stationed at Fort Bragg.
My oldest son was born in September '75.

That was around the same time that People Magazine came out (I was actually pregnant with him when it came out). I remember it costing 25 cents an issue and then it went up to 35 cents. LOL

Yikes! I'm OLD!!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Hey! Do you remember when Michael was a really, really bad dude? Didn't he rape Crickett/Christine?

I remember him going to prison and eventually being released and returning to Genoa City and Christine going to bat for him so he could get his law license reinstated.

I also wasn't watching when Lauren and Michael hooked up or when their kid was born or when Daisy was first introduced and whatever it was she did to Lauren.

Maybe I should google it and go back and read all about the times that I missed, except that I think it would probably make my head spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV