Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 01:12 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,419,949 times

Advertisements

It's kind of embarrassing how much I enjoy the Nurses Ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 03:23 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times
I finally saw Lulu's dress that you mentioned earlier. The actress seemed to be struggling with it...like someone asked her to drag around a deployed parachute.

They sang the 'wrap-up' song today for the NB and it appears to be over. So I have to ask:

Did I miss the part where Lucy Coe ended up in her underwear? [/laughs]

Old 05-25-2017, 07:01 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
That finale was lovely. Job well done.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
It's kind of embarrassing how much I enjoy the Nurses Ball.
I'll be embarrassed with you. I was thrilled that they resurrected it after so many years and liked this year, especially the opening and closing numbers. Although Daniel is right, not the same without Lucy in her undies, lol

Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 PM

And unless it happened on the day I missed, Sabrina was not even mentioned. In PC she is the acknowledged "resurrector" of the NB, and not even a mention by the staff or organizers? One of those oversized portraits with a candle underneath?

I like the whole concept of taking the actors and letting them do something out of the ordinary with their character. In times past, soaps would throw at least one big costume bash or something to have a few "Ooh, look!" episodes to please the fans. The very best gimmick in this style had to be the "Trading Places" episodes of One Life to Live many years ago where they had the actors trade roles in a (two-episode) dream sequence. I would love to see GH try something equal to that, but of course the current head writers are not up to such a challenge. Ron Carlivati could blow the doors off such a stunt, as would the actors, of course.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:37 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Lulu's dress WAS ridiculous. And worse, it certainly wasn't an attempt to hide her pregnancy since her pregnancy has pretty much been on display for some time now. I even wondered at one point if I fast-forwarded once too often and missed a new pregnancy for her in the role.

I see Emma showed up to haunt the kids' table at another PC event--where there'll ultimately be crop after crop of kids who'll be older than she is, like some freaky Twilight Zone episode. She must be a producer's kid because they seem intent on replicating Kimberly McCullough's "real time" aging in the role. Weird.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I see Emma showed up to haunt the kids' table at another PC event--where there'll ultimately be crop after crop of kids who'll be older than she is, like some freaky Twilight Zone episode. She must be a producer's kid because they seem intent on replicating Kimberly McCullough's "real time" aging in the role. Weird.
Not a producer's kid. They just recognize that in casting her, they captured the same magic that they did when KM was cast. She's adorable, super charming, and even at her young age she manages to have chemistry with literally everyone she shares a scene with (but especially with her mother, father, and grandmother). When you've got a unicorn like that, you don't let it go. GH has been lucky enough to see it twice.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not a producer's kid. They just recognize that in casting her, they captured the same magic that they did when KM was cast. She's adorable, super charming, and even at her young age she manages to have chemistry with literally everyone she shares a scene with (but especially with her mother, father, and grandmother). When you've got a unicorn like that, you don't let it go. GH has been lucky enough to see it twice.

Lol Magic? Unicorn? Well that certainly fits in with the preposterousness of the glaring age disparity. Good thing this IS a soap opera, after all, because the continued age disparities among "peers" is going to get even sillier--simply to repeat McCullough's "real life" tenure. That is why it's being done. There's nothing special about the "unicorn." But thanks for the laugh.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol Magic? Unicorn? Well that certainly fits in with the preposterousness of the glaring age disparity. Good thing this IS a soap opera, after all, because the continued age disparities among "peers" is going to get even sillier--simply to repeat McCullough's "real life" tenure. That is why it's being done. There's nothing special about the "unicorn." But thanks for the laugh.
Sorry you feel that way. TPTB seem to agree with me. As do MANY of the fans.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:31 PM

I think in the near future they will finally have to give in to the SORAS machine, though it has been kept at bay fairly well. The "quad" of Cameron/Spencer/Josslyn/Emma we saw a few years ago was supposed to be nine or ten year-olds, and as we've seen, Josslyn has been mildly SORAS-ed to about fourteen (?). Cameron is in the Unused Character Closet (well-known for its SORAS properties) and Spencer is at Boarding School (probably the *best* source of SORAS energy). Either of them could emerge at any point as anything from ten to twenty years old, and no one would bat an eye since they have not interacted at all with Emma or Joss (or anyone else, for that matter).

Brooklyn Rae Silzer is a very good child actress, and obviously popular with the producers as well as fans. GH tries to come up with every excuse to bring her in for guest shots, but her availability is limited not only because of story dictations, but because she is a little kid subject to child labor laws. It's more likely they would simply leave Emma off-screen than do a SORAS recast because a lot of her appearances are because they love having Silzer around, not because Emma's presence is necessary to a plotline. If/when they SORAS Cameron (which, hey guys...it's overdue) they should just bite the bullet and SORAS Josslyn again and make both of them 17-18 y/o. Spencer, like Emma, isn't really needed but both could remain in the Unused Character Closet in case they need to re-activate them in a few years. Let's hope Spencer grows up to look like his dad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV