Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 03:20 PM

894 posts, read 586,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post

The good news, of course, is that she appears to be Michael's next girlfriend. We all know what happens to 90% of Michael's girlfriends....[/splat]
Haha! Anyway, speaking of Michael's past girlfriends, which was your favorite?

Mine was his first girlfriend. What was her name again? Was it Abby?

I didn't like how they got together but by me pretending that part never happened, then I was able to like them. No idea why the show killed her off. She & Michael really fit each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 12:40 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
^^^^^I still keep up with GH. I don't really care about the Valentin storyline nor do I care much about the Dr Finn story but I'm interested in what's happening with Nelle very much.

I hope Nelle & Sonny did NOT actually do the deed & if indeed they didn't, then I hope that truth comes to Sonny's attention before Carly gets misinformed.

PS: Doesn't Nelle strongly resemble Tamara Braun who if I recall was Carly #2 many years ago?
Nelle and Sonny didn't actually have sex but she set it up to look that way and he was too drunk to remember.

Interesting the way it's all unraveling now and even before Nelle's true colours came out, I thought Jax was behind getting the donor kidney, so we'll see how it all plays out.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:36 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,745,387 times
What I'm guessing is that Nelle genuinely believes Carly called Frank and bribed him to donate (that is, bought) Nelle's kidney for Josslyn. This is likely what Frank told Nelle all these years. BUT....she didn't; Jax did. Jax was acting very suspicious/guilty when he met Nelle last year. By making Frank (and, to a lesser extent, Jax) the villains of the piece, it allows Carly and Nelle to kiss and make up (eventually). Nelle can claim her manipulations of Sonny were because she was lied to (as if that makes it right...but anyway) and Nelle can be welcomed into the family (eventually). I always thought Carly was adopted by the Bensons (Frank isn't her bio father, right?), so we might have to overlook the idea that Nelle's kidney would somehow match her adopted sister's child. If they're biologically related, wave bye-bye to a romance between Michael and his Aunt Nelle.

I also assume Nelle will take the role of "young supporting female distantly related to several of the main leads" that was supposed to be occupied by Valerie Spencer, who is currently seen in Port Charles only on milk cartons.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:27 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times
Finally, Nelle's been exposed. That did take a very long time to play out. Always enjoy watching Maurice Benard's reaction to his fellow actors. When Carly was berating Nelle, Sonny was nodding in agreement with her, yet the actor himself seemed to enjoy watching how the actress who plays Nelle handled her role.

I'll agree with those of you who didn't like Teresa Castillo's character Sabrina Santiago being killed off. At the time I figured she probably quit since she had two small children, but came across this article where she states she was told three months prior her character was being killed off. https://soaphub.com/general-hospital...eral-hospital/ Said she loved the role and the people she worked with and was disappointed about being written off the show. She was one of my favorite characters on GH. Especially liked her character the first couple years.

Thought Sabrina being murdered was the wrong way for her to be written off. As timing would have it, Hornsby killed her the same day my father passed away. So it was a little emotional for me to hear of my father's passing then hours later watching Sabrina being killed, one of the sweetest, most likeable characters on GH.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
If they're biologically related, wave bye-bye to a romance between Michael and his Aunt Nelle.

I also assume Nelle will take the role of "young supporting female distantly related to several of the main leads" that was supposed to be occupied by Valerie Spencer, who is currently seen in Port Charles only on milk cartons.
Let me see now: Carly & Nelle are therefore sisters via Carly's adoption into the Benson family of which Nelle is a biological member. Did I get that right?

So that's related enough which therefore makes it kinda gross that the writers kept insinuating chemistry between Michael & his aunt.

This Nelle story is kind of a disappointment, in my opinion. All this build-up and to me, the payoff isn't even all that interesting. Maybe they let it drag out too long for too many months. I don't know.

And as for Michael, now they definitely have no women on the show he can hook up with. They're all either related to him somehow or an ex (Kiki) or unavailable (Sam).

What are the writers gonna do now? Hook him up with Ava? I hope not since Sonny AND Morgan have both slept with her.

Last edited by TruckWife518; 03-05-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 03-05-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
As timing would have it, Hornsby killed her the same day my father passed away. So it was a little emotional for me to hear of my father's passing then hours later watching Sabrina being killed, one of the sweetest, most likeable characters on GH.
I'm sorry about your dad passing away.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:18 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times
Quote:
I'm sorry about your dad passing away.
Thanks TruckWife. He was 80, just three months shy of his 81st birthday, so I was fortunate to have him around for that long. He suffered for years and made it clear he was ready to go. Still wasn't easy to deal with his death.

Poor Sabrina though. Way too young. Not to compare a silly soap to real life, of course.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:30 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,745,387 times
I had read at the time that Valentini told Teresa Castillo about being written out just as she returned from maternity leave. The silly twist of bringing in Carlos's look-alike brother made a bit more sense once I realized they needed someone to take baby Teddy after Sabrina's death. Still, it was horrifying that they were so casual about making that baby an orphan within months of being born.

I don't think the show will think twice about continuing the Michael/Nelle pairing despite her being Carly's adopted half-sister. One only has to look at how other soaps treat adoption as a convenient 'out' for pairing up characters with uncomfortably close family ties. I can think of a half-dozen romantic relationships on other soaps that could be classified as "ewwwww" if they were real people. And as y'all pointed out, Michael has no other options because he's related to so many people biologically.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:39 PM

8,623 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Let me see now: Carly & Nelle are therefore sisters via Carly's adoption into the Benson family of which Nelle is a biological member. Did I get that right?

So that's related enough which therefore makes it kinda gross that the writers kept insinuating chemistry between Michael & his aunt.

This Nelle story is kind of a disappointment, in my opinion. All this build-up and to me, the payoff isn't even all that interesting. Maybe they let it drag out too long for too many months. I don't know.

And as for Michael, now they definitely have no women on the show he can hook up with. They're all either related to him somehow or an ex (Kiki) or unavailable (Sam).

What are the writers gonna do now? Hook him up with Ava? I hope not since Sonny AND Morgan have both slept with her.
You're right. It was absolutely horrible and such a let-down. I could have written a better story and I did with fanfic.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:57 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Remember Robert Scorpio? Bobbi is still on? Alan is dead? Oh my!

I used to watch and watched Laura and Scotty grow up. The last time I really watched was when Luke and Laura got married, then real life got in the way. Doesn't sound like it would be very interesting to me now.
I wrote that post back in '08. I am now living with an old gf that I went to school with and she still watches it! Every single day. I have heard a little bit of what has/is going on but I don't think the mob stuff is front and center anymore. Those people must be getting nipped and tucked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV