Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,111,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It would be nice for Michael Scott to be at the very end scene whenever the Office produces it's last episode
And Jan! Or... David Wallace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 02:12 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,227,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Yes! Yes! We need to incorporate the
If they're going to end the series for sure, they should let Dwight get Robert California's job for the last two episodes and see what he does to the whole company.

Something godawful-yet-bizarrely funny happens that finally scares Meredith into permanent sobriety.

I love these ideas!

P. S. I still think that Dwight should have been the new boss in the first place...

Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
And Jan! Or... David Wallace?
The David Wallace character was so believable-lol

Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,786,605 times
Just watched and exactly what I expected, following a good show with a very mediocre one. At least the paternity of Angela's baby provided a little spice. Otherwise very mediocre.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
FBJ

See this is why it's not good for a network to skip a week when airing a show because as a fan you forget about it and end up missing a new ep. I forgot all about the office tonight, damm.

And this is because the Office didn't air at all last week

Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,786,605 times
Quote:
See this is why it's not good for a network to skip a week when airing a show because as a fan you forget about it and end up missing a new ep. I forgot all about the office tonight, damm.

And this is because the Office didn't air at all last week
Don't worry, you ain't miss much.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Don't worry, you ain't miss much.
Now the fact that I haven't seen the office since 1/19, it's a strong chance that I won't remember to watch it next week

Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,762,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Just watched and exactly what I expected, following a good show with a very mediocre one. At least the paternity of Angela's baby provided a little spice. Otherwise very mediocre.
I rather enjoyed it and thought it was a step up from many of the episodes this season.

Quote:
If you have a DVR you simply record all new episodes automatically and don't miss any whether a week is skipped or not.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,891,441 times
I have given more thought to how I want the Office to end. The Scranton Strangler (played by Steve Buscemi) escapes prison. He searches for and finds Toby, who as we all know was on the jury that convicted him. The Scranton Strangler then kills Toby and goes on the run. Michael returns to Scranton for Toby's funeral. While he was initially elated that his old nemesis has died, Michael then finds himself feeling horrible for the years of being mean to Toby.

Michael then changes into his Michael Scarn character to hunt down and capture the Scranton Strangler. This spins off into a CSI/NCIS crime drama whereby Michael Scarn goes around solving homicides.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,111,421 times
Last night's show seemed weak to me.

I'll start with the one thing I liked: I liked that Jim (usually the show's "good guy" and smart person) did something selfish, petty, and not well thought out, and ended up being a pathetic liar about it. And I really liked that everyone saw through it. At last, something that happens in real offices. I thought it was funny that he couldn't win people over by handing out phony "drawings" from his toddler. It's nice to see a tv show where co-workers are smart enough to see through that level of BS but decide to look the other way out of sympathy (or because they really don't care).

Now to the stuff that seemed lame to me. The plot about Dwight trying to get Jim fired didn't ring true. It was a funny joke 6 years ago, when Jim was single and there wasn't a recession. And when Dwight had a reason to be that angry with Jim. He seems to enjoy Jim's pranks now that he's learned how to get meatballs, so that's not a believable reason to want him fired any more.

Why would he do something as angry as trying to get someone fired, when he has a long history of being kind to Pam? After all Jim is now the sole support for Pam and her children. And Jim didn't compete with Dwight for the manager job. Sorry, not buying it.

And... if he really was that angry over pranks that happened years before, why would he drop that grudge just because he thought the baby was his? That doesn't seem like a Dwight thing to do.

The baby plot was a lot more interesting, but you know what, it also had some writing flaws. Six years ago they would have done a much better job with a plot like that.

Sorry Office, but it's time to pull the plug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV