Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 07:01 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I will see how it is, I already like the character on there who used to be Jim's Girlfriend on the office
Yeah she was underused on The Office. She's Quincy Jones' daughter ya know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Yeah she was underused on The Office. She's Quincy Jones' daughter ya know

Someone told me last week, never knew that. I didn't watch tonight's episode because they were on some bus tour so I will wait to sample another episode.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
Let me know what you think. I hope you like it or otherwise I'll have egg on my face, LOL.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:53 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
LOL, someone posted this in the Northeast Pennsylvania forum as well. It's time for the show to go. The novelty has worn off, the characters are no longer interesting. Jim's pranks were funny when he was a 20-something kid fighting against "the man;" now they just seem sad and immature.

They had an opportunity to showcase two very good actors last year: James Spader and Catherine Tate. The writers' inability to do so just shows how downhill this series has gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Agreed. It's like the writers don't know how to let their characters grow up and still remain funny. Probably because most TV writers are under 24.

I'm sorry they gave The Office another season. Hope it's good but I doubt it will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
This is so true. I thought they should have created a storyline showing Jim and Pam's son in kindergarten, and playing pranks on a kid named "Dwight". The storyline could have shown Jim constantly getting phone calls from the principal about his son's constant class interruptions and pranks. There could have been scenes where Jim "privately" gives his kid a "high five" for pranking techniques, but "publicly" he disciplines him for his actions. To create a more twist, the parents of the kid Jim's son keeps picking on turns out to be one of Dunder-Mifflin's clients.

...this is just my imagination running overtime...
Meh. The core of Jim's character is a charming immature streak. You take away the jokes and pranks, what do you have left? Remember Manager Jim? He was boring as heck. Annoying too.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
I watch Parks and Rec. I do find it much funnier than The Office. Same thing with Community. Unfortunately both these shows don't cater to the lowest common denominator and while they are critically acclaimed, they don't see a lot of viewership. I mean, why watch a well-written comedy when there is crap like Teen Moms on TV?
I wonder if most people who like The Office don't like Parks & Rec. I think Parks & Rec is horribly unfunny. I've found, in my own circle, that most like either/or not both.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Meh. The core of Jim's character is a charming immature streak. You take away the jokes and pranks, what do you have left? Remember Manager Jim? He was boring as heck. Annoying too.

Boring and Wimpy because the staff didn't give him respect

Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I wonder if most people who like The Office don't like Parks & Rec. I think Parks & Rec is horribly unfunny. I've found, in my own circle, that most like either/or not both.
I'm a HUGE Office fan and I'm starting to get into Parks and Rec more. It has its moments where it reminds me of seasons 2-4 era Office.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
The Office is a great show but the last season was lame and didn't have any consistency. Its sad in a way to see it go but it is time. I have seen the first season of Parks and Rec. and didn't find it that amusing, although I have a big crush on Rashida. Hopefully in this last season Steve will at least make a cameo.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 AM
FBJ

Do they really think that Office fans will follow Dwight to his own show?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Do they really think that Office fans will follow Dwight to his own show?
At first, I think they will. Whether they keep watching will depend on if the show is any good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV