Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 AM

299 posts, read 255,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
They are who the ricin is for.
Walt was obviously angry after watching Elliott and Gretchen, but I don't think that is who the ricin is for, it would be way too risky getting close enough to give it to them. I think the ricin is for Lydia, Walt's going to stake out the coffee shop, slip it to her and then follow Todd back to the Nazis and then let loose with the M60.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 AM

455 posts, read 598,479 times
Robert Forster was a great suprise. He was fantastic in "The Descendants", especially when he punches Sid

Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
That's actually good - so we know that everything had a purpose and it wasn't "make it up as you go" with loose ends at the end.
It's disappointing because they haven't done it well. It they truly already had the ending, then they are making up a bunch of crap to get to an ending that they are too inflexible to see isn't connecting. The other seasons were fantastic. This season is rushing to a predetermined end that isn't resonating because they filled it with newer characters we don't care about and/or think are annoying.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:54 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
I was a bit disappointed in last night's episode. I expected some follow up regarding Marie and her grief over losing Hank, and perhaps a scene with Marie and Skyler. I thought too much time was spent on Walt and the cabin. I guess it was let-down after the action packed episode the previous week.

I did like the scene of Jesse's determination to get out of that cell, but was disappointed that when he was ALMOST over the fence, the Aryans showed up, and Jesse just gave up at that point. I actually cried at the scene where Brock's mom (I forget her name) was shot, and Jesse was absolutely out of his mind in torment. I've never hated a TV character as much as I hated Todd in that moment.

Bringing Gray Matter back in was a surprise, so now I assume they will play an important role in the finale.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
Walt was obviously angry after watching Elliott and Gretchen, but I don't think that is who the ricin is for, it would be way too risky getting close enough to give it to them. I think the ricin is for Lydia, Walt's going to stake out the coffee shop, slip it to her and then follow Todd back to the Nazis and then let loose with the M60.
But why? We don't care about Lydia. Walt doesn't know that Skyler was threatened to stay quiet about Lydia. It makes no sense whatsoever if Walt wants to ricin Lydia. And letting loose on the Nazis is dissatisfying. They're new characters nobody cares about. If it's all about Walt getting the money that Skyler will never be able to spend, Walt isn't a very complex character after all.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:07 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I disagree, Walter's motivation is not greed at all, but power and control and legacy (personal accomplishments and the ability to provide for his family)- as you discuss in your first paragraph. Money is just a means to an end.
Todd is not cooking still because of greed, but because "the heart wants what it wants" in his own psychotic beleifs.
As has been discussed, it seems that the show has something else in mind for the climax other than storming Todd's gang with a machine gun (that will be part of it, but it won't be the climax). I think dealing with Gray Matter will be more subtle, he has something in mind that hopefully will blow us away.
Power and Legacy are definitely part of it, but the minute Walt thought the money was in jeopardy, he stopped thinking, even to the point of eventually telling them about the money in some crazy attempt to buy them off.

Of course, that is also part of the recurring theme where Walt does really well with a previously made plan and is not nearly as good making things up on the fly.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,375,392 times
Actually, I would not be surprised if Walt Jr. "Flynn" tries to take out Walt. He showed a somewhat unexpected level of increased action on the Ozy episode when he stepped in between his dad and mom, and also called the police. I was surprised by that.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM

299 posts, read 255,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
But why? We don't care about Lydia. Walt doesn't know that Skyler was threatened to stay quiet about Lydia. It makes no sense whatsoever if Walt wants to ricin Lydia. And letting loose on the Nazis is dissatisfying. They're new characters nobody cares about. If it's all about Walt getting the money that Skyler will never be able to spend, Walt isn't a very complex character after all.
Taking out Lydia means the Nazis can't move their meth. It's kind of like a fail safe if he fails to take them out, that way he at least wrecks their business.

He took a big risk in going to the house and getting it so he obviously plans on using it. I can't think of a better target than Lydia right now. Unless he plans on giving it to himself so he'll just have enough time to confess for his crimes to free his family before it kills him.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
I still say the ricin is for Walt. Yeah, Gretchen and her husband made him mad, but when Gretchen said, "The gentle man we knew as Walter White is gone. There's only Heisenberg." Everything on Walt's face said, "Yeah. That's right." He has no reason to go after them.

The M60 is for the Aryans. The ricin is for himself. Jesse isn't even in his thinking at this point, because he thinks Jesse is dead.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,678 times
This was the best episode in awhile.

I've been somewhat disappointed by the second half of the last season. They definitely went for a "everyone dies" dynamic, that I've found a bit over the top. Lydia and the Aryans aren't all that interesting and I've found their actions somewhat unrealistic. It's not that I doubt that a group like that would be ruthless; but murdering everyone (including two DEA agents) as they have would be highly risky.

This episode finally went back to the basics and focused on Walt's escape, as well as his desires moving forward. The New Hampshire scenes were some of the best in the series. I liked that Saul went on his own way to Omaha, as well.

Once again, though, the Aryan story is that part that makes less sense. They are trying to set them up as the super-evil villains, but I don't buy that they would kill Jesse's ex-girlfriend. The threat of harming her and Brock would be more likely to motivate Jesse to cook. Carrying out the threat eliminates their leverage.

It's true that Brock is still alive, but so what? Unless they are holding him hostage, it's not a legit threat. Even if they were holding him hostage, Jesse probably suspects that they will kill Brock regardless given their history. Todd killed a 9-yr old kid for merely coming across them after the train heist. What are the odds that Brock would live after seeing any of them? Also, what do they do after they kill Brock? They no longer have anything to threaten Jesse with. I'm sure they'll find some way to make it "work" on the show, but seems very unrealistic to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV