Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 10:46 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
But it worked for Walt. In the end he found a way to leave money for his family after he died. He had cancer and was going to die anyway. Crime paid for him.
In the end his entire family hated him. And you get the feeling if he could do it over again he would rather die penniless with his family loving him over having millions to leave them but not having their love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 10:50 PM

3,737 posts, read 2,566,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
In the end his entire family hated him. And you get the feeling if he could do it over again he would rather die penniless with his family loving him over having millions..
Bill, I disagree with this.. it's been a couple years since I watched the finalé.. but if I remember right Walter's wife tells him to stop justifying his crimes, as being perpetrated to help his family.. and Walter finally admits to her (and himself) that his crime spree was done for selfish & vengeful reasons.. and he liked it.
In the end, Walter's anger was more powerful than his sensitivity to his family's needs.. He was gratified by what he had done, his family was incidental collateral damage.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:55 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
I wonder if another follow up movie would be something people would like to see, that would answer the question, "Did Walter's former partner and girlfriend follow through with funding Skylar and family?". There is always the question if, what Walt did mattered at all. Jesse's buddies probably told him what they did for Walt with the laser pointers. If the couple balked at paying off Walt's fortune as promised, there could be some interesting ramifications.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:04 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I wonder if another follow up movie would be something people would like to see, that would answer the question, "Did Walter's former partner and girlfriend follow through with funding Skylar and family?". There is always the question if, what Walt did mattered at all. Jesse's buddies probably told him what they did for Walt with the laser pointers. If the couple balked at paying off Walt's fortune as promised, there could be some interesting ramifications.

I think Walt and everyone's story is finished, other than Saul, of course. Honestly, I thought Jesse's was as well, but El Camino did no damage. I don't think it added much of anything other than to Todd's story. I think the story went about as we all imagined.

Now.. Todd.. Short of the fact that Jesse Plemons got REALLY fat between 2014 and 2019.. I do think it really expanded his character quite a bit. Now.. Was that whole movie worth expanding his character? I could have done without it, but.. I do appreciate it.

We never quite saw just how much of a psycho Todd was before that.

Once BCS is finished.. We all need to move on and just admire the ~10 years of astounding TV that we have gotten.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:07 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Bill, I disagree with this.. it's been a couple years since I watched the finalé.. but if I remember right Walter's wife tells him to stop justifying his crimes, as being perpetrated to help his family.. and Walter finally admits to her (and himself) that his crime spree was done for selfish & vengeful reasons.. and he liked it.
In the end, Walter's anger was more powerful than his sensitivity to his family's needs.. He was gratified by what he had done, his family was incidental collateral damage.
I remember that scene. But I also remember the scene after that where he is talking to I think Skyler and he's balling his eyes out. And then when he tells his ex girlfriend and business partner that he has to give them his money to give to his son because his own son hates him and won't take money from him.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
They would of been too scared not to do it.

I’m actually rewatching the series. Walt was a greedy self serving man who was bitter cause he was going to die. He treated everyone like crap and was a bully. Jesse wanted his acceptance and approval.
So did his son. In the end I thinkWalt realized what his actions did to his entire family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV