Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 10:27 AM

197 posts, read 279,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I took it for granted the first time, but watching the finale again, IDK how he got that Ricen into her Stevia. She normally sat at a booth. Not that one table. ????????
I know what you mean. They had to up the stakes season after season, yet have Walt win every round until the finale. Things got increasingly unrealistic as the show went on.

There's a mythbusters episode where they try a couple things they did on the show, and it was mostly myth busted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 11:36 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,886,165 times
I'm about midway through re-watching the entire 5 seasons. My wife thinks I crazy, as she can't imagine why anybody re-reads a book or re-watches a program. Well, guess who's watching now?

The fact is, I couldn't believe how much I'd missed the first time around. 2 years later and it's ALMOST like seeing it for the first time. 62 episodes, you're going to miss something.

Personally, one of the greatest film endeavors of our time.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:04 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
I'm about midway through re-watching the entire 5 seasons. My wife thinks I crazy, as she can't imagine why anybody re-reads a book or re-watches a program. Well, guess who's watching now?

The fact is, I couldn't believe how much I'd missed the first time around. 2 years later and it's ALMOST like seeing it for the first time. 62 episodes, you're going to miss something.

I have been doing the same recently, and I agree. I think BB Is the best show I've ever seen.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:42 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I have been doing the same recently, and I agree. I think BB Is the best show I've ever seen.
I've really been wanting to do this. I can only imagine how much I'll pick up the second time thru. But I have so much new stuff to watch I can't get around to watching series I've seen.

Not yet, at least.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:02 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,544,694 times
There are three series I have watched that are on my list to re-watch: Game of Thrones, The Wire and Breaking Bad. It will probably take an extended illness with necessary bed rest to start the process. I agree that there is too much new stuff to explore before needing to re-watch the best.......

Old 08-23-2018, 05:34 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I'm re-watching Breaking Bad and a few things of note.

-The cliffhanger from the end of season 3 to the start of season 4 was one of the bets cliffhangers of all time.
-Each episode is action packed and exciting, no wasted or pointless episodes (outside of when they were trying to catch a fly)
-I have no idea why Hank was obsessed with the minerals. The obvious assumption was it related to the Crystal meth case but there was no verification
-I don't want to say breaking bad ended too early with only 5 seasons. But obviously we all wish somehow it was longer
-Walt was obviously too smart to be a teacher and even with his partnership fallout, you have to think there was no way he would've ever settle for such an average life as a teacher before he started cooking
-Skyler is a lot more tolerable and understandable the 2nd time around, it really take multiple viewings to accept and appreciate her character.
-The show still puts shame to to other shows, these writers/directors/producers were just so smart and it was ahead of its time

So im starting re-watching season 4 and can see why many folks have re-watch breaking bad 2-4 times already. You get to relive it and it still feels so new.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:24 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I'm re-watching Breaking Bad and a few things of note.

-The cliffhanger from the end of season 3 to the start of season 4 was one of the bets cliffhangers of all time.
-Each episode is action packed and exciting, no wasted or pointless episodes (outside of when they were trying to catch a fly)
-I have no idea why Hank was obsessed with the minerals. The obvious assumption was it related to the Crystal meth case but there was no verification
-I don't want to say breaking bad ended too early with only 5 seasons. But obviously we all wish somehow it was longer
-Walt was obviously too smart to be a teacher and even with his partnership fallout, you have to think there was no way he would've ever settle for such an average life as a teacher before he started cooking
-Skyler is a lot more tolerable and understandable the 2nd time around, it really take multiple viewings to accept and appreciate her character.
-The show still puts shame to to other shows, these writers/directors/producers were just so smart and it was ahead of its time

So im starting re-watching season 4 and can see why many folks have re-watch breaking bad 2-4 times already. You get to relive it and it still feels so new.

The fly episode was certainly not wasted. While it was a 'bottle' episode and didn't really advance the plot a whole lot.. It gave some great character development and deeper development of the relationship between Walt and Jessie that would pay off down the road.

Hank's mineral obsession was just necessity, I think. He had to occupy himself some way, and he couldn't leave the bed. Could have just as easily been crossword puzzles.

Length was probably perfect. Any longer would have probably taken away.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:09 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The fly episode was certainly not wasted. While it was a 'bottle' episode and didn't really advance the plot a whole lot.. It gave some great character development and deeper development of the relationship between Walt and Jessie that would pay off down the road.

Hank's mineral obsession was just necessity, I think. He had to occupy himself some way, and he couldn't leave the bed. Could have just as easily been crossword puzzles.

Length was probably perfect. Any longer would have probably taken away.
I started binge watching it for the first time after season 4 had ended. I felt at the time, that it could have ended at the end of season 4 and it still would have been perfect. ("I won."). Not that I didn't like season 5, in fact it was pretty good, even though it got pretty dark.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:25 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I started binge watching it for the first time after season 4 had ended. I felt at the time, that it could have ended at the end of season 4 and it still would have been perfect. ("I won."). Not that I didn't like season 5, in fact it was pretty good, even though it got pretty dark.

My opinion only, of course.. Season 5, the darkness was needed. It completed the transformation.

I thought S5 was a little bit of a reach.. I mean, I suppose I should sit here and think that some successful small business owner opening up a huge meth lab underneath a laundry.. While that isn't impossible, it's probably not likely... But I thought the great train robbery and Walt and Jessie making so much more money cooking in houses than in Gus' lab (Yes, they got all the profits from their cooks).. But the last season, while it got a little fantastical.. It completed the transformation from Mr Chips to Scarface.

And.. You HAD to have an end to the story. while we didn't get everything wrapped up in a nice little bow.. We saw the end of Walt's story, which was the most important. While there's open-endedness about others, such as Skylar, Walt Jr and Jessie.. They're fine being left that way for me.

Leaving off on "I won".. While it would have been powerful.. I don't think without S5 the show is as good as it is. S5 took it from great to perhaps the best show in history. At the very least, one of the best.

Had it gone longer.. I think it would have taken a dive into "24" territory. Had that show ended after S1 to S4 or so.. I think it would be considered one of the best shows of all time. The fact it went on another 6 or so seasons past S4.. Really hurt it. The situations in it just got too fantastical. It was still a fine show up until the last couple of seasons (And i'm including Live another Day and Legacy).. They took more away than they gave to it.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:51 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Default Why Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad - and what other prequels can learn from it

https://www.gamesradar.com/why-bette...learn-from-it/

Quote:
Whisper it, but Better Call Saul might just be able to surpass Breaking Bad and take its place on the pantheon of best TV shows of all time. It hasn’t done that by accident. The show, which charts the rise (and eventual fall) of Jimmy McGill before he metamorphizes into shady lawyer Saul Goodman, is a case study in how to construct the perfect prequel. Here’s how it’s done it – and what other shows, prequel or otherwise, can learn from it. Be warned, there’s spoilers for the entirety of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul to follow…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV