Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 AM

9,150 posts, read 14,791,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Don't we see Walt in a car with NH plates? Perhaps next episode will start with his escape. Remember, he has a box full of money, so something like - "Barman - here's 10K for your p.o.s. car". I wonder if he had time to go back and get more money. I don't think we have scene the barrell in any of the flash forwards.
Yeah, considering he just gave the feds his general location, he is pretty much on the run now.

I am assuming he did that to give himself up, but decided at the last second to get revenge due to seeing the Charlie Rose Interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 AM

167 posts, read 164,425 times
The only question I have is: When Walt goes to kill the Aryan gang, will he find Jesse alive, and if so, will he save him?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,163,985 times
The only good part of the show was Saul having the sense to say no and go his own way.

Walt escaping NH will be unbelievable. He's on foot in the snow in an area he doesn't know--so sparsely populated that the residents will have a very good idea which property he was staying at when police ask them to brainstorm.

Have you ever been in the middle of nowhere in Vermont or New Hampshire? You don't just walk into a bar as a stranger and have people treat you normal, let alone make weird phone call to a high school in New Mexico for you. They are suspicious. They ask questions. Heck, I turned up at 9pm at a restaurant/motel looking for a room one night. The bartender eyed me up and gave me thirty questions before she'd rent me a room. Wanted to know where I was from, why I was in the area, why I needed a room, etc. They don't trust strangers AT ALL up there. Apparently they don't travel at night because they thought it was very strange I needed a room at 9pm.

I'm still disappointed that this is coming down to the Nazis and Walt. They were so unimportant throughout the seasons. It's almost like they just threw this season together to find a way to end it. Going back to Grey Matter isn't impressing me either. What's he going to do? Kill the Grey Matter dude? Prove to them he's not the same nice guy by going on a rampage?

I don't care that Skyler is living a life of poverty and might to prison. I don't care that Walt Jr. hates Walt. He should. Walt Jr. is the only person who sees Walt for who he is. It doesn't matter that Walt didn't kill Hank. Walt killed a lot of people and does not deserve Walt Jr.'s respect. I don't care about Walt. Period.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 AM

455 posts, read 599,312 times
If you've followed Talking Bad two episodes ago, the writers said they always had the ending but were working their way back through the seasons.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Yeah, I like they way they are returning to the issues surrounding Gray Matter and the real issue Walt has dealt with from the beginning, him feeling a lack of credit for his intellect or his creations. As Heisenberg, he had something that he did, that people respected. Even though it was an alter ego, he did it and it was known. Now, the blue meth continues, the Gray Matter people have completely moved on and diminished his contribution almost to nothing, his family wants nothing to do with him (though I wonder if Walt Jr er Flynn is still driving the car Walt bought for him) and he really does have nothing to show for it all in the end.

Also, as they showed with the Aryans, this show is also about greed and how it destroys everyone. All these people with so much money and all they want is more of it, and it is their downfall.
I disagree, Walter's motivation is not greed at all, but power and control and legacy (personal accomplishments and the ability to provide for his family)- as you discuss in your first paragraph. Money is just a means to an end.
Todd is not cooking still because of greed, but because "the heart wants what it wants" in his own psychotic beleifs.
As has been discussed, it seems that the show has something else in mind for the climax other than storming Todd's gang with a machine gun (that will be part of it, but it won't be the climax). I think dealing with Gray Matter will be more subtle, he has something in mind that hopefully will blow us away.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,163,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
If you've followed Talking Bad two episodes ago, the writers said they always had the ending but were working their way back through the seasons.
That's disappointing.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's disappointing.
That's actually good - so we know that everything had a purpose and it wasn't "make it up as you go" with loose ends at the end (as the old series "Lost" appeared to be at times, even though we were told that they also had an end game).

Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,998,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
That's actually good - so we know that everything had a purpose and it wasn't "make it up as you go" with loose ends at the end (as the old series "Lost" appeared to be at times, even though we were told that they also had an end game).
Yeah, I think the series is concluding brilliantly, last week's episode will go down as one of the best episodes of television ever (and some people think this week was better.)

So many great series end poorly - this is how Dexter fans feel this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCdiTwjEB_U

Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,693,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anony Mous View Post
It certainly was a nice surprise! I'm a big fan of Robert Forster. He's a great actor.
I just knew him as the guy from Jackie Brown, I thought it was hilarious in a good way. I'm considering him to be the same character, he just moved to abq and opened up a vacuum shop at some point after.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:35 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,016,364 times
Funny joke I saw on another board:

Well, now we know who the ricin is for.

Jeff Daniels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV