Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,469,947 times

Advertisements

I haven't found that SNL funny in ages but will occasionally watch when someone I like is on. I watched the entire show just because of Parsons but it never made me laugh very much. Some of his stuff was funny just because of him but most was pretty lame. Not his fault. Just blah writing. I like some of the young performers though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 12:58 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,505,077 times
I tried to watch SNL but was only reminded of why I quit watching years ago. It's just not funny anymore. The opening sketch with Ellen Degeneres was the lamest thing I've seen in decades. And Jim's opening monologue was not funny or clever. So I turned it off.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:06 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,691,011 times
It seems that not only have the writers run out of ideas, but the characters have evolved to the point where they are not as
likable or funny. Raj used to be an enjoyable character, but I agree, he is a bit whiney these days. Penny used to be a focal point but has been relegated to the type of influence you see from characters that come and go. Granted, all my complaints and gripes and the obvious inferiority compared to past seasons happens to every show. Just too many variables for them to maintain that high level of quality that makes us love them. I guess I'm just sad to see it gain speed on it's natural downward progression. Saw that with HIMYM, Friends and Scrubs around this time too. Love the first 5 seasons of all those shows, but then the just seem to just drop in quality, at a very noticeable level I might add. Same thing with BBT. This entire post of mine may be a retread complaint I expressed awhile back. At least it feels that way. Oh, well, needed to vent. I guess I can always just rewatch the first 5 seasons again and again as I have been.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 PM

4,065 posts, read 5,650,128 times
Well, the show is still dear to my heart! I gave up on HIMYM because it was just ridiculously repetitive and lame the last few seasons. But I don't see that on TBBT.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:41 PM

11,644 posts, read 12,722,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I haven't found that SNL funny in ages but will occasionally watch when someone I like is on. I watched the entire show just because of Parsons but it never made me laugh very much. Some of his stuff was funny just because of him but most was pretty lame. Not his fault. Just blah writing. I like some of the young performers though.
Same here. I stuck it out, but the skits and even the short film just weren't funny. Parsons did the best he could.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:18 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
So, about last night....I thought the episode really stunk. I didn't think it was funny at all.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:30 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,102,711 times
Yes, last night's show was meh. Sure hope it's an exception and they get back to snappier writing. A few hours later I happened to catch a re-run from season 2. I only watched for 10 minutes, but I could see how much the show has slipped. (Assuming last night's show is a standard that can be used for measurement. Like I said, I'm hoping it was an exception.)

Old 03-07-2014, 06:05 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,583,797 times
Was last night's show shown out of order? The dining table was gone, and the card catalog and desk were in the background. If it was shown IN order, does that mean the table was a one-show gimmick, and Leonard got everything out of storage and put it all back?

Old 03-07-2014, 06:25 AM

23,729 posts, read 12,594,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Was last night's show shown out of order? The dining table was gone, and the card catalog and desk were in the background. If it was shown IN order, does that mean the table was a one-show gimmick, and Leonard got everything out of storage and put it all back?
That was my take on it. Leonard tried to make a stand, that he was kind of pushed into doing, and it didn't work. There was no reason to keep the table if nobody was going to use it.

I agree that this episode was below standard. Not all episodes are A-game episodes, but their filler episodes are usually fairly entertaining - this one just laid there, imo.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM

4,065 posts, read 5,650,128 times
For the most part, not that good. I did kind of like Howard & Sheldon holding hands...and Leonard's sweet gift for Penny, however!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV